• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bittersweet Nohrian Princess: Camilla Rides Into Smash Switch

D

Deleted member

Should Camilla be in Smash? Probably not. We've got enough FE characters as it is.

Would I like it if she was? Hell yeah. She's badass, sexy, wields a battle axe, and rides a goddamn wyvern.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Even though I'm fine with Corrin, I still feel we should have gotten Azura instead. She's just as integral to the plot and would have brought a water-bending lance dancer moveset.
You have no idea how badly @WeirdChillFever feels about that too.

I would have liked Azura for the sake of winning that bet, but I've lost in the end because they are able to make Corrin stand out as a character on his own despite being a swordsman (Yes, I was one of those people).

So it was Dragon's Fang > Waterbending and Spear for the Smash team.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Should Camilla be in Smash? Probably not. We've got enough FE characters as it is.

Would I like it if she was? Hell yeah. She's badass, sexy, wields a battle axe, and rides a goddamn wyvern.
Damn right. Camilla has plenty of potential to tap as a fighter. Though it's correct to say a Switch Lord is far more realtisc than another Fates character.

But hey, a fan can dream.

Even though I'm fine with Corrin, I still feel we should have gotten Azura instead. She's just as integral to the plot and would have brought a water-bending lance dancer moveset.
You have no idea how badly @WeirdChillFever feels about that too.

I would have liked Azura for the sake of winning that bet, but I've lost in the end because they are able to make Corrin stand out as a character on his own despite being a swordsman (Yes, I was one of those people).

So it was Dragon's Fang > Waterbending and Spear for the Smash team.
While I can't speak much for how would fans feel for Azura making it over Corrin (because too many Fire Emblem characters will still be the song), Corrin feels more natural of an addition.

Not only the character was given a bigger role as a main character compared to Robin's smaller Awakening role, but you think many would expect them the most as the Fates promotional choice. Sure Azura would have been unique, but her importance is just a teeny pinch lower than Corrin, if not more for the siblings that were involved in the Nohr vs Hoshido war. As nice as a Azura Amiibo sounds, but Corrin was the natural choice for those reasons alone.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meanwhile for Fire Emblem Heroes.

This ballot is so one-sided that Camilla might as well win this like the powerful unit she is. She's probably not even using her best axe. :troll:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Meanwhile for Fire Emblem Heroes.

This ballot is so one-sided that Camilla might as well win this like the powerful unit she is. She's probably not even using her best axe. :troll:
Wow **** it up Camilla. I knew she'd tower over everyone.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wow **** it up Camilla. I knew she'd tower over everyone.
To be honest, Lyn and Lucina are the only characters that would ever stand up to our girl.

And maybe Tharja if I'm being very generous. Glad she's doing well anyway.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Peepers, this Camilla calendar may be of interest to you. Congratulations for her placement in the Heroes poll. I know you want it.

Better pray that she will make the cut for Fire Emblem Warriors as the token Wyvern Knight.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Peepers, this Camilla calendar may be of interest to you. Congratulations for her placement in the Heroes poll. I know you want it.

Better pray that she will make the cut for Fire Emblem Warriors as the token Wyvern Knight.
Gods, it's too beautiful. I've been waiting weeks for it. Thank you so much.

*updates*

Perfect. Now all I need is a picture of Camilla kicking *** in Fire Emblem Warriors and my phone is complete. Hopefully she does make the cut with her massive popularity. I can't see any other Wyvern Rider that can possibly make it over her.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
Agh, I can't stand the big breasted !@#$. I've only played Birthright so far and just everything about her bothers me on so many levels. She is probably the number one reason I don't want to play Conquest. I'm still going to pick it up eventually though, because Leo is cool.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Agh, I can't stand the big breasted !@#$. I've only played Birthright so far and just everything about her bothers me on so many levels. She is probably the number one reason I don't want to play Conquest. I'm still going to pick it up eventually though, because Leo is cool.
If you don't like her that's fine, but please refrain from going into a thread just to express your hatred of the character the thread was created for. This is a support thread after all. Criticism is welcome, but there's no need to be rude.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
If you don't like her that's fine, but please refrain from going into a thread just to express your hatred of the character the thread was created for. This is a support thread after all. Criticism is welcome, but there's no need to be rude.
Sorry, I didn't mean it in a rude way, and I wasn't trying to be rude to anyone who does like her. I was just expressing my opinion. And you're right, this is a support thread. I do like the idea of a axe-user and a flyer in Smash, because both haven't been done yet, so even if I don't like her character, she would definitely still be fun to play, I imagine.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Sorry, I didn't mean it in a rude way, and I wasn't trying to be rude to anyone who does like her. I was just expressing my opinion. And you're right, this is a support thread. I do like the idea of a axe-user and a flyer in Smash, because both haven't been done yet, so even if I don't like her character, she would definitely still be fun to play, I imagine.
It's perfectly fine. You can express what you'd like, just try to keep things civil yeah?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Only three months until the game is out.

I'm very optimistic that Camilla's likely for Fire Emblem Warriors. It's only a matter of time given we just got Cordelia and Female Robin revealed recently.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
"How did smash brothers get an AO rating?!?"

"Play the Bayonetta vs Camilla event match"

"Ohhhhh"

Anyway, support. Wyvern riding would be awesome.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Personality-wise, Camilla is a very complex character--which honestly surprised me. That said, I'll be equally surprised if she's not in Fire Emblem Warriors--especially after Cordelia's reveal. Now we know for a fact there will be flying units.

As for Smash, I find her unlikely, since she's not the main character of Fates. To me, that would be like adding Soren in the game. Yes, he did play a major role, being Ike's advisor and all, but in the end he wasn't the titular character of POR. Still, there's no denying that Camilla's moveset would be unique. She wields both tomes and axes--the latter of which isn't used by any current representative. If she used her wyvern, then she could have multiple jumps.

At any rate, I think she at least deserves to be a trophy in Smash.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
"How did smash brothers get an AO rating?!?"

"Play the Bayonetta vs Camilla event match"

"Ohhhhh"

Anyway, support. Wyvern riding would be awesome.
Nice. I'll add you in a bit.

Personality-wise, Camilla is a very complex character--which honestly surprised me. That said, I'll be equally surprised if she's not in Fire Emblem Warriors--especially after Cordelia's reveal. Now we know for a fact there will be flying units.

As for Smash, I find her unlikely, since she's not the main character of Fates. To me, that would be like adding Soren in the game. Yes, he did play a major role, being Ike's advisor and all, but in the end he wasn't the titular character of POR. Still, there's no denying that Camilla's moveset would be unique. She wields both tomes and axes--the latter of which isn't used by any current representative. If she used her wyvern, then she could have multiple jumps.

At any rate, I think she at least deserves to be a trophy in Smash.
Right. She's definitely far likelier as a trophy or an Assist Trophy if she is lucky enough (I still find it strange that Lyn is the only Fire Emblem Assist Trophy two games straight).

Though she's definitely a shoo-in as far as Warriors characters go. It's only a matter of playing the waiting game. Never really thought about Cordelia actually helping her chances until now (since both are flying units).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guess who's confirmed to be playable in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Feel free to tell me "No ****" if you already knew.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Guess who's confirmed to be playable in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Feel free to tell me "No ****" if you already knew.
Late, but I already know.

And holy **** does she looks fun to play as. It's what I've imagined about her character since the first reveal. I will definitely get Fire Emblem Warriors for her alone.

And I notice that her voice is different. Is this the same actress for Fire Emblem Heroes?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Go to 1:35. Absolutely ruthless. [EDIT] 3:20 reminded me so much of Saix in Kingdom Hearts II ("All shall be lost to you!").

Definitely a satisfying move. I can see me using that move lot.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of Saiix.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Spotted a Knight at 2:19, and a Fighter at 9:48. That gets mine hopes up for Effie and Arthur. Those two are the first characters in the Fire Emblem series of their respective class whose personalities I thoroughly enjoyed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, Bayonetta already got into Smash 4, so what the hell? Count me in.
You might want to wait a while before you are added to the support list. I'm not going to say why, but you can PM me if you want.

But welcome nonetheless. Glad that poster we saw in the special edition wasn't the final roster (Sakura and Elise easily debunks this).

Last edited:

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
So I've finally got around to playing Conquest.
My opinion of her hasn't changed much.
I can't deny, however, that she was a great unit and a Malig Knight would make an awesome Smash edition.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Alright. No more fire Emblem characters...

Lucina --> Marth costume. Empty Slot --> Camilla.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Alright. No more fire Emblem characters...

Lucina --> Marth costume. Empty Slot --> Camilla.
Or you could just simply ignore the topic.

Might as well say that to the countless other Fire Emblem related support topics here.

And yes, I am well aware of how unlikely she is compared to her competition.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So I found this "gem" recently.

Can't tell if this is a genuine ****post or implying Camilla would be a Dedede clone.
Hahaha, already seen that one. It gave me a good laugh. I doubt they are implying she is a clone, it's just a joke on how "Dedede is perfect and sexy".

I won't lie, he looks good when rocking Camilla's outfit.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
The wyvern will be great for a recovery than a mounted unit, and that camilla is a dream character i want in smash switch. She will be very unique in terms of both using her axe and tomes, i`m hoping that she makes it in.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
The wyvern will be great for a recovery than a mounted unit, and that camilla is a dream character i want in smash switch. She will be very unique in terms of both using her axe and tomes, i`m hoping that she makes it in.
It's a shame we already have a Fates rep, and she lacks the same popularity as other characters.
That and some people openly dismiss her for being "sexualized", but we got :4bayonetta:...

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Usually I'm against more Fire Emblems, but **** it, I'm down. Big ***** goth gf for Smash.

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Most wanted FE character, even if there are good debates for others.

Super Smash Waifus!

Or I'll just keep playing Palutena. :laugh:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Camilla would make for a really interesting character in Smash. The main problem I'm seeing is that they already had to remove the Tharja trophy to keep the E rating in Smash 4. I think Camilla is probably even more risque than Tharja was so I'm not sure what they'd have to do to censor her to allow her in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Finally a Fire Emblem rep I can get behind!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This thread is up for grabs due to me leaving this place for while.

Chances are that Camilla is a spirit anyway and will stay as one.

Top Bottom