• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bionis - Shulk Discord Server - Join!

Gochais

Smash Rookie
Been Monado Boy main since Wii U. Looking for some tips againts some MU. Can I join?

Last edited:

SykesLoZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
SykesLoZ
3DS FC
4768-8051-9312
I just played Shulk in a tourney yesterday and have been practicing to use him for a couple weeks on my own, but I want to get better and learn from the people who have been playing him longer and have more experience. I have read the post, rules included and I wish to join if you will have me.

Soulflee

Smash Rookie
NNID
Soulflee
3DS FC
3609-1584-7461
I have read the rules.
I want in on this Discord because I play Shulk in Super Smash Bros. Wii/3DS and want to improve my gameplay with him, and get some tips from other Shulk mains. Also, I find Shulk ditto match-ups to be fun! ^-^ My username will be: Soulflee. MONADO sorry xD

Last edited:

Merlow

Smash Rookie
NNID
LuiginaryMinion
Welcome to the Shulk Discord Server!
View attachment 77303
Current member count: ~175​

Since August 20, the Shulk Skype chat has started using Discord instead. It has made the experience better.
:4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:
-Can be used in your browser or through the program. I recommend the program, but it's your choice. Also works on phones.
-Multiple voice and text channels have given us a lot of options for discussions we previously did not have. Also has made matchmaking easier for everybody.
-It's very useful for people to be able to set how loud they hear each individual (as mics are different in sensitivity)
-No Skype lag (this was very annoying)
-The program itself is made to use machine resources very efficiently. It takes up very little space when open. On the other hand, my laptop cries when I have Skype open.
-Sometimes, having Skype open has caused people lag while doing wifi matches. This issue does not happen with Discord.
-It's easier on the mods, due to improved powers
-It is easier to tell who is online, afk, or offline.
-To talk via voice, you just join a voice chat channel, and can see who is already in that voice chat channel beforehand. It's much easier than having somebody host a call. And, again, there are multiple voice chat channels which can be used for different things.
-No ads (Skype has ads)
-Free (Teamspeak costs money)
-Useful commands you can use, like @[insert_name], @everyone, and #[insert_channel_name]
-Your IP is protected
-Much more features to come in the future, as it's still new and being updated. Some thing I am aware of which will come in the future are the capabilities for custom emoticons, screen sharing, and video chat.

You can read more about Discord from their main site.

Rules (you must read this):

1) No spamming the text channels.
You are only free to spam in the text channel labelled "ether-mine_spam". Also, all posts should be posted in their appropriate channels. If you are new, you may be reminded, but after then it is your responsibility to know what the text channels are.

2) No Xenoblade spoilers or Xenoblade X spoilers in regular text channels.
We have people playing through Xenoblade, and people who want to remain innocent of Xenoblade X. Again, we have specific text channels for discussing these things. "xenoblade_spoilers" and "xenoblade_x_stuff"

2A) What counts as spoilers?
~ For Xenoblade Chronicles: We will consider main storyline or side-quest storylines onward from the beginning of the end of Eryth Sea to be spoilers. Also, be careful of what can be gathered from what you say. A name of something might reveal more than you think. For further clarification on what are spoilers, click the spoiler tag below.

-Storyline at or beyond Prison Island.
-Names of places after Prison Island. Valak Mountain is okay to mention, but saying that you go to the Mechonis Sword, Fallen Arm, and/or Mechonis is not.
-The ending parts of the Highmore Caviar sidequests
-Seven's identity
-Monado II
-Most pictures of characters beyond Prison Island (can possibly get away with blurry/unclear shots). Reason for this is people can tell they are from Xenoblade based off the graphical design.
Things that aren't spoilers:
-Monado Cyclone
-Avalanche Abaasy
-Metal Face can talk

Do not attempt to talk about spoilers vaguely. This leads to tense situations, and even if what you post is ok, others may respond obliviously. Simply say 'hey, I want to talk about something in #xenoblade_spoilers' and carry on there.

~ For Xenoblade X: Most things are spoilers. To be safe, you should probably post in the Xenoblade X chat.

3) Don't be a dickson in text or voice channels.
In other words, do not be mean to others. We are all legitimate, real humans, just like you.

4) Speak English.
It does not have to be fully Standard Written English, but cannot be Spanish or something. You should express your idea with the intent of the other party understanding it.

5) Don't test the boundaries
We will consider it as if you broke the rule itself.

6) Read and follow these rules.
They are all with clear reason. To indicate you have read the rules, you must include "Monado" somewhere in your post here made to join the discord server (more about that later). I just need to read the word Monado.

7) Stay somewhat active.
If we don't know who you are anymore (let's say you haven't posted in a month), you might get kicked. If this happens, you will need to PM me on Smashboards again to get invited back. If this keeps happening over and over, you might not be brought back.

8) Don't change your name to be the same as somebody else's name.

9) No NSFW Posts, even if they are Xenoblade related.

>Breaking the rules:
1) You are warned. Your messages are deleted if that applies. You are muted/deafened from the voice channels.
2) You are kicked for 48 hours. You will need to be given an instant invite to get back in.
3) Banned.

If your offense is so bad, we might skip the warning and go to step 2 or 3.

~Joining~ :)

Qualifications:
1) You must join for a reason having to do with Shulk. Some examples are you main him, you like Xenoblade, you want to learn the MU, etc.
2) You need to have read the rules

If you want to join, you must both indicate you have read the rules and also say why you are joining us in a post on this thread. If you have met the (super easy) qualifications, I will message you the link to the channel on Smashboards. These links are purposefully made to expire after a specified amount of hours, so be sure to check your Smashboards conversations section!
-It might also be helpful if you post the username you intend to use in this thread as well.

Note: here are 2 things that DO NOT work as reasons to join.
-'I play Smash Bros.' (there needs to be more)
-'I was in the Shulk Skype Group.' The reason this does not qualify you is the Skype chat had neither of the qualifications this group does have.

I hope to see you in our server!

--------------------------------------------------------------------​

Current event!: alt wars! - a Shulk only, alt specific, crew battle tournament
Join our Discord server to participate!

Merlow

Smash Rookie
NNID
LuiginaryMinion
I'd love to join this server! Shulk is my #1 main since day one on 3DS times. Xenoblade Chronicles is one the best games I have ever played along with Xenoblade Chronicles X. I feel as if joining this server I could learn new things to improve on him and meet new Xenoblade friends! I have read the rules and I hope I can qualify to join this server! Awakening the Monado is the key to the future!

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Been a Shulk main since Wii U. Looking for some tips againts some MU. Can I join?
I just played Shulk in a tourney yesterday and have been practicing to use him for a couple weeks on my own, but I want to get better and learn from the people who have been playing him longer and have more experience. I have read the post, rules included and I wish to join if you will have me.
I have read the rules.
I want in on this Discord because I play Shulk in Super Smash Bros. Wii/3DS and want to improve my gameplay with him, and get some tips from other Shulk mains. Also, I find Shulk ditto match-ups to be fun! ^-^ My username will be: Soulflee
I'd love to join this server! Shulk is my #1 main since day one on 3DS times. Xenoblade Chronicles is one the best games I have ever played along with Xenoblade Chronicles X. I feel as if joining this server I could learn new things to improve on him and meet new Xenoblade friends! I have read the rules and I hope I can qualify to join this server! Username: Rawk Hawk
Hey, each of you missed something in the rules! Please double check. Thanks!

Asriel

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-0087-8517
Hello! I'm fairly new to competitive Sm4sh so I need mentors to help me out. I really like Shulk's move set and the Monado he wields makes for very interesting plays. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to play Xenoblade, but once I have more time, that's on top of the list to-plays.

SpacemanDan

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheSpacemanDan
3DS FC
2191-8207-6327
Would I be able to join? I play Shulk on the side and would love to interact with and learn from other Shulk players. Learn the power of the Manado and such. :p Of course, I've read the rules as well. :D

Last edited:

GhostWalker

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShulkCyclone
Hey there! Fellow Shulk main that joined Smashboards yesterday just to join this group. My favorite game of all time is Xenoblade Chronicles and i beat it like 10 times. It is why i main Shulk in Sm4sh since day 1. Currently playing Xenoblade X, already beat the game and i'm like 170 hours into it doing some post game stuff. I might help you guys with some stuff but it might spoiled most of you that didn't cleared the game yet.
I really want to learn the Monado Buffered Deactivation and also want to learn what to do in certain match ups.
I read the rules..... so can i join?

P.S: Almost forgot, my discord username is AbyssTP

Last edited:

Zestiria

Smash Rookie
Id like to join reason being i started learning shulk about 2 weeks ago and could really use help from people more experienced then . ive read the rules and by joining the group i hope to improve as a player not only with shulk but in general. also i cant spoil anything for xenoblade cause i havent played a single one :(

StygianSilver

Smash Rookie
NNID
Silver4998
3DS FC
3711-7748-4916
Recently joined the Pit discord group and I'm (really feeling it) enjoying it, it's a good service!
Been playing Shulk as a secondary for a while but I've made him my main within the past month. I'm not used to using MonadoALLC properly so I want to learn how to use it :p
I have also read "da rulez"

Last edited:

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
AYYYYYY
I'd love to learn how to use the Monado again. I haven't been playing him as much anymore but what the heck, I still wanna be good with him again. :)

Last edited:

ElliotDotson

Smash Rookie
NNID
Elliot7424
3DS FC
3497-2339-4757
I want to main monado boy and I have read the rules and my name on discord is BB l Kid :)

Technikoopa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Technikoopa
Finally got around to joining Smashboards. Been lurking on here for several years, particularly during Pre-Smash 4 speculation. I loved Xenoblade Chronicles, played it back in 2013, and it was one of the best experiences I've had with a game before. Shulk was my #1 wanted Newcomer and he's been my main since Day 1. I realized that I was really needing to be in a Discord, it's probably the best way I can develop my skills and keep up with Shulk's growing meta. I've read the rules, and I'm ready to master the Monado.

Last edited:

XenoM1315

Smash Rookie
NNID
XenoM1315
Hello everyone, I'm new in smashboards and new in competitive smash. I'm bored to play for Glory; same people, camping, trolling, etc. I don't get any improvement.
I would like to learn how to use MABD wisely and other stuff, I'm a Shulk Main
I read the rules, the Monado will grow with me ^_^

FireSilgo

Smash Rookie
NNID
FireSilgo
I want to join the Discord. Im looking to get better at shulk and learn the match ups too. Im also just trying to get to a beginner competitive level.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
I want to join as well. Xenoblade is my favorite game of all time and I have maimed shulk since the 3ds days. Also, the monado is a sick sword, and my favorite art is the cyclone

Last edited:

GRAVY_SHULK

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ares324
May I please join? I am a shulk main since the 3ds days and would like to improve on my game play. I have read the rules and by joining, i hope to help myself and others to improve our shulk.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
May I please join? I am a shulk main since the 3ds days and would like to improve on my game play. I have read the rules and by joining, i hope to help myself and others to improve our shulk.
That's mighty, but check the rules again & you'll know when you see it.

Majorastroboy

Smash Rookie
NNID
AhmedO
3DS FC
3050-7748-8709
I would like to join the Shulk Discord Group because I want to improve my Shulk since I used to main him but dropped him and now I wanna relearn him and make him better
I also wanna talk about Xenoblade Chronicles X and want to Squad with others as well as talk about the game
I have read the rules and my Discord username will be Ahmed or AhmedO ( whichever one I choose )
Thanks

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I would like to join the Shulk Discord Group because I want to improve my Shulk since I used to main him but dropped him and now I wanna relearn him and make him better
I also wanna talk about Xenoblade Chronicles X and want to Squad with others as well as talk about the game
I have read the rules and my Discord username will be Ahmed or AhmedO ( whichever one I choose )
Thanks
I like it, but your post is missing something. Check the rules again & it will become clear to you, heir.

Majorastroboy

Smash Rookie
NNID
AhmedO
3DS FC
3050-7748-8709
I like it, but your post is missing something. Check the rules again & it will become clear to you, heir.
Theres not much more I can say really, I do want to learn the Shulk MU for my other characters and I wanna see if Xenoblade Chronicles is worth the buy from people who have played it

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Theres not much more I can say really, I do want to learn the Shulk MU for my other characters and I wanna see if Xenoblade Chronicles is worth the buy from people who have played it
At this point, your post(s) only need one certain word. That's basically the ticket.

Zettard

Smash Rookie
I'd love to join the Discord, since I need to improve the Monado's power even more.
Maybe you can help me with some MUs(like ZSS and Cloud, because I struggle a lot against them with Shulk) and the basics a bit. Thank you in advance, I guess?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'd love to join the Discord, since I need to improve the Monado's power even more.
Maybe you can help me with some MUs(like ZSS and Cloud, because I struggle a lot against them with Shulk) and the basics a bit. Thank you in advance, I guess?
Check your inbox heir.

Shonic-TheloneHedgehog

Smash Rookie
NNID
palace1
Hello i would like to join the Shulk Discord group. I am a Shulk main who has quiet a lot of knowledge on him, but i need some training with him as i just lost confidence because i felt like the only UK Shulk as i haven't seen one where i've been online or in tournaments. I finish and love playing Xenoblade Chronicles, i am currently doing a lets play on YouTube as well. I like Xenoblade chronicles x but i do wish the Monado was there would make things more interesting lol.

Slare

Smash Rookie
Hi I would like to join the Shulk Discord group. I have read the rules and I want to learn from better Shulk's in the group. I feel like i am okay with the character but would like to try and improve my skills with the monado and learn its secrets someday.

Last edited:

taleswar

Smash Rookie
I would also like to join this discord chat.
I'm currently a solo mac main, but the more that I participate in tournaments, the more I get camped heavily by people that "plays to win"
I'd like to play this game for fun, but that doesn't mean that I like being knocked out of tournaments by being needle camped.
What's potentially more fun than playing footsies with little mac? How about a dynamic character that can alter his properties?
I have read/understood the Rules, and I would like to secondary Shulk, or to co-main him in the long run.

"what a bunch of jokahs" -Monado boy 2012

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I would also like to join this discord chat.
I'm currently a solo mac main, but the more that I participate in tournaments, the more I get camped heavily by people that "plays to win"
I'd like to play this game for fun, but that doesn't mean that I like being knocked out of tournaments by being needle camped.
What's potentially more fun than playing footsies with little mac? How about a dynamic character that can alter his properties?
I have read/understood the Rules, and I would like to secondary Shulk, or to co-main him in the long run.
I dig that. Footsies with Little Mac is scary to fight against I feel, & your decision to go towards the Shulk route is happily replied. However, you may wanna re-read & check / skim the rules as your post is missing something. You'll know once you see it.

Top Bottom