• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bias ends here!

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
, I want to make this because most every Metaknight topic there is has people who just say "Metaknight pwns all" or "I'll pwn you wit M3ta 0n 73h 0nl1n35" and leave.
I'll give you the fact, yes he is cool, Sakurai says so. But... for the people who use the above comments, I'd love to shed some light.

Metaknight facts (what we know so far

Doesn't have a super-slow, insanely deadly, killmove.(Ganon/Falcon Punch is a good example)

Poor airspeed. this is a pretty well discussed one. "Well gee, he has wings, shouldn't he be air
based?" It doesn't mean he should be based in the air.

Isn't inherently better.Ok, Thanks to Eternal Phoenix Fire, I'll make some adjustments here, alright... some people's first opinion is that the second they start the game with Metaknight, they'll win just by being him. just like all characters, you do need some practice, but he isn't difficult to play.

All of this means that spammers like, I won't name any names, who attempt to glorify and hype Metaknight to the point of sadness, that I had to make this. I know, and you know, that Metaknight is mre hyped than most other smashers. Youtube comments in vids with Metaknight prove this. The misinformed fools have the same point of view as the people who walk in, be a Metaknight fanboy, and walk out, with no new info gained.

I didn't say Meat Knight once, except for now. no need to announce if this topic needs to be closed, jsut pm a reason or something.

I appreciate the fact that you are opposing the biased about MetaKnight, but that whole "Actually Requiers Skill To Play" bit is false. Meta Knight isn't a difficult character to play with from any level. And the thing about Sheik is false as well. Just because you can see a professional execute combos/CG's/Low percentage kills doesn't mean that you don't requier practice. I know that Sheik can be gay at times, but she's actually harder to play with than Marth, contrary to popular belief.

Also, his Fair can't combo because of it's trajectory.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
He seems pretty easy to use, which makes him look ownage. Or maybe it's just the mask that makes him look cool, thus the "OMG HE PWNS!" threads.
I am considering playing as Meta Knight at first and I will try to get used to glide.
I want to master gliding so I dont have to rely on ground attacks.
I wasnt at E4All. but I think he is easy to play, but hard to master.

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
I appreciate the fact that you are opposing the biased about MetaKnight, but that whole "Actually Requiers Skill To Play" bit is false. Meta Knight isn't a difficult character to play with from any level. And the thing about Sheik is false as well. Just because you can see a professional execute combos/CG's/Low percentage kills doesn't mean that you don't requier practice. I know that Sheik can be gay at times, but she's actually harder to play with than Marth, contrary to popular belief.

... how can you even say this? I acknowledge that you've had experience with the game, but you've had very MINIMAL experience. No one can possibly predict which characters will be difficult to master at this point.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. When Melee came out, Kirby and his sucking and rock ability looked incredibly strong. Then, Kirby was realized to be a weak, annoying, lame blob. The same will probably happen to MK.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I never thought Kirby looked strong when I first saw him in Melee. Actually, a lot of Kirby mains quickly recognized how crippled he was. >_>

... how can you even say this? I acknowledge that you've had experience with the game, but you've had very MINIMAL experience. No one can possibly predict which characters will be difficult to master at this point.
And you think that we can't pass judgment, why? Even though the experiance is minimal, most of the smashers have played/watches/asked about characters for nearly 30 hours in total time. Meta Knight isn't hard to play with, and saying that we have minimal experience is invalid. Experience and learning isn't based off of time, but ones ability to understand.

Predicting tiers is another thing, but character use is another subject.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Very interesting points. Looks like theres going to be a LOT of MKs for a while after the game first comes out just because of all these people who think he's "ttlly pwnsome". We'll hafta wait and see.....

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
it's nice to have a logical discussion about Metaknight. Yes, minimal experiance means nothing.

The Analogy below is easy to understand! V

This is like a pilot with a new plane. say he can fly a Harrier, which is pretty hard to master. the Harrier is Melee in these terms. who's to say that after minimal experience with a different plane means that he knows nothing?

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace

HOMOPHOBIA FTL.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
MK PAWNS........hahaha

But seriously...i see alot of potential in that little winged smasher. I will play him for a speed aspect, since i will be playing Ike as well. I have always been great at juggling, just ask my friends, but i see the same possibility in MK. The low airspeed is fine.. i normally control the ground anyway... i will probably use those wings to get my opponent way off the level then just glide back. Once again, speculation. Won't know what to do or how i'm going to do it until FEB.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I really hate that people that haven't even played any kirby games are gonna ''main'' MK, just for the looks. I really don't like it, and it seems weird, because i'm normally not like this, but now when MK has uber hype it seems annoying.

I REALLY hope that Mk will be hard to master at pro level, because ppl think he's looking cool, easy to use and ''sheik'' of brawl. It annoys me more than anything.

I've loved MK since the first Kirby. he was knightly, honorable, cool looking and mysterious. I don't like only the looks, i love the whole attitude of his. Strict and mysterious...
I was so ,so glad when i saw him in the first trailer. I was so excited. In fact, i think i will use Metaknight more than any other character, just because i like him so much!

I guess i can't do nothing else than hope that ppl snap out of the ''Mk hype''. well, i don't have the right to blame ppl for picking him without knowing anything about him...

Oh, btw, topic maker wins the internets

SilverKnight

Smash Cadet
I think it issafe to say we cannot make any asumpions in either direction based on just a demo of Info.

Meta Knight is definately great, but in my opinion everything in Brawl looks to be balanced for the most pat. Each characte has its drawbacks.

And keep in mind, no matter how great a character is compared to another, in the end Skill decides a match. Playing as Meta Knight (or any other Top-Tier, not saying Meta is one) alone does not ensure you victory as you stated Legend.

Despite all that has been said, it is certain that we will have to play Meta extensively to determine whether or not he lives up to the hype.

He very well could be broken, or he could just be average.

In my opinion, he looks to fit my personal playstyle, therefore, to me, he is the best of all characters.

Tom-Sawyer

Smash Cadet
It's just he's easy to play as. Almost everyone is good with Sheik. I'm guessing Metaknight will be similar.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
It's just he's easy to play as. Almost everyone is good with Sheik. I'm guessing Metaknight will be similar.
At least he doesn't have an aray of killer air smashes like sheik does. I plan to main MK and my freind says he's cheap. Same thing happened when I used Shiek in Melee.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
why make a topic if you expect it to be closed, cause if it isnt you just look foolish, and if it is, its a waste even to make it

I really hate that people that haven't even played any kirby games are gonna ''main'' MK, just for the looks. I really don't like it, and it seems weird, because i'm normally not like this, but now when MK has uber hype it seems annoying.

I REALLY hope that Mk will be hard to master at pro level, because ppl think he's looking cool, easy to use and ''sheik'' of brawl. It annoys me more than anything.

I've loved MK since the first Kirby. he was knightly, honorable, cool looking and mysterious. I don't like only the looks, i love the whole attitude of his. Strict and mysterious...
I was so ,so glad when i saw him in the first trailer. I was so excited. In fact, i think i will use Metaknight more than any other character, just because i like him so much!

I guess i can't do nothing else than hope that ppl snap out of the ''Mk hype''. well, i don't have the right to blame ppl for picking him without knowing anything about him...

Oh, btw, topic maker wins the internets
Oh please shut up. Why should it matter if we played the game or not? You liking the character in essence doesn't make you superior to anyone.

I'm paying 54 dollars and 11 cents for this game, and i'll use whoever the hell I want, how I want to, despite me not playing the previously mentioned game series.

Also, have you ever thought of the fact that Smash Bros. inspires people to play the games from each series it represents?

Get off your pedestal.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I guess you guys are right. Sorry, just posted that on a bad day. God, i feel like and idiot :/

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
It's alright. Hell, I probably would've already bnought a Kirby game by now just to see Meta Knight -- I haven't even played the **** game (Brawl), and I still think he lookks good.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
I main C. Falcon in melee, but the only
F-Zero I've ever played, I hated it :/

Very interesting points. Looks like theres going to be a LOT of MKs for a while after the game first comes out just because of all these people who think he's "ttlly pwnsome". We'll hafta wait and see.....
I'll use him cause he's one of my favourite video game characters ever <_<
Even if he sucks, I'll still probably main him...

Psydon

Smash Journeyman

Well, Metaknight, from what I've seen and read, is certainly the easiest to simply pick up and play out of all the characters, but given his weaknesses those who main him will certainly have a rough road ahead as they face more difficult opponents.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Well, Metaknight, from what I've seen and read, is certainly the easiest to simply pick up and play out of all the characters, but given his weaknesses those who main him will certainly have a rough road ahead as they face more difficult opponents.
Agreed... i plan to have him as one of my mains (i like to switch things up every once in a while). Although i will have to deal with a bunch of people using him in the begining....i will be one of those that will stick with him so i can show people what can be done with the awesome looking MK.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. When Melee came out, Kirby and his sucking and rock ability looked incredibly strong. Then, Kirby was realized to be a weak, annoying, lame blob. The same will probably happen to MK.
Kirby was just nerf'd from the original SSB. I doubt MK's Smash debut will nerf him from how he was in the demo.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people are getting excited about Metaknight. He looks cool, he talks cool, his moves are cool, the concepts of his fighting style are cool. When we see him hit somebody out of a glide for 5% damage we cheer cus its Metaknight and we're excited he is in the game and he's so cool! thats what it comes down to.
We don't get excited when Ike forward smash kills three people at 30% and talk about how much a beast he's going to be in the game. Were happy about Metaknight.

Everyone has the right to love whatever they choose. Its all wonderful positive Hype.

I specifically don't profess to playing all the kirby games, nor do I know much about Metaknight. The Kirby games were fun when I was a kid, and i've not played one for YEARS. I however can attest to have played Kirby as my main in 64, and play according to t!mmy, one of the best Kirby's in Melee. The reason I am going to play Meteknight isn't because I have an outstanding devotion to the character beforehand, its because i'm a fanboy like everyone else.

I like dramatic Villians. I love the villian gone hero story, and I love the looks of meteknight. I feel something in common with characters like that, and I'm easily drawn towards stories and books and characters in video games that are related to this scrypt of former villian. Its just my style. I plan to explore and play the character and become the one of the best Metaknight players out there like I have done with Ganondorf.

Everyone who has Meta-hype (omg hahaha) is probably the same as me but they aren't saying it. So i'm just putting it out there for those who are angry about hype can understand. This concept is pretty easy to understand too.

Anyway besides all of that. the tiers in this game are going to be different in the end. The gap between character tiers are going to be smaller, so, it wont be like Fox vs pichu or anything rediculous like that.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
He's not really a villain. he just believes in different moral values then Kirby. anyways, I think all the characters are awesome in their own way. Ike killing everyone at 30% is awesome, no doubt. but same is with Samus and her Z-Suit, which is also cool. I just like Kirby and MetaKnight because of their moveset and the Kirby games I used to play. Even in Melee I used Kirby, just because its Kirby.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
A lot of people are getting excited about Metaknight. He looks cool, he talks cool, his moves are cool, the concepts of his fighting style are cool. When we see him hit somebody out of a glide for 5% damage we cheer cus its Metaknight and we're excited he is in the game and he's so cool! thats what it comes down to.
We don't get excited when Ike forward smash kills three people at 30% and talk about how much a beast he's going to be in the game. Were happy about Metaknight.

Everyone has the right to love whatever they choose. Its all wonderful positive Hype.

I specifically don't profess to playing all the kirby games, nor do I know much about Metaknight. The Kirby games were fun when I was a kid, and i've not played one for YEARS. I however can attest to have played Kirby as my main in 64, and play according to t!mmy, one of the best Kirby's in Melee. The reason I am going to play Meteknight isn't because I have an outstanding devotion to the character beforehand, its because i'm a fanboy like everyone else.

I like dramatic Villians. I love the villian gone hero story, and I love the looks of meteknight. I feel something in common with characters like that, and I'm easily drawn towards stories and books and characters in video games that are related to this scrypt of former villian. Its just my style. I plan to explore and play the character and become the one of the best Metaknight players out there like I have done with Ganondorf.

Everyone who has Meta-hype (omg hahaha) is probably the same as me but they aren't saying it. So i'm just putting it out there for those who are angry about hype can understand. This concept is pretty easy to understand too.

Anyway besides all of that. the tiers in this game are going to be different in the end. The gap between character tiers are going to be smaller, so, it wont be like Fox vs pichu or anything rediculous like that.

you can say that now, but aren't for sure. you see, meta was never eally a villain but in fact an antihero, saving the world, in his eyes. he also serves as kirby's "gary" IE: annoying rival that you frequently fight and cant progress further until you win, I'm trying to do some community service and clean up teh boards of Mk hype garbage topics.While I would assume you've never played Meta, and you play him because you like him, well, thats like playing as krillin in Budokai because hes likable.

Top Bottom