• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Way To Increase Debate Hall Member Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
This would promote competitiveness which is naturally associated with debate and improve the quality of PG'ers which would get more people into the Debate Hall which would promote more discussion.
Well while I still think we can hold a tournament, but I dont think we need to be so selective as to only let the winner in, if they all show that they are posting at a level we would expect to see in here, that they should all be allowed in, a custom title would be a nice incentive for them to compete though, so I think that should be the actual tournament prize, I also think it would increase participation and I feel that under the guidance of a debate hall member, that most temp debaters would be able to reach a point in which we can let them into the official Debate Hall.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I'm glad my idea has gotten this level of support! There are obviously mixed feelings about the tournament, but I agree that getting let into the Debate Hall is a bad option as a prize, because as manhunter said, almost all of them should get in anyways. I of course would be glad to be a tutor or even run it if the mods don't want to (hah this is never going to happen but I figured I'd throw it out).

I'm glad we have such support from potential tutors, because I'm sure we would have plenty of temps who want to get tutored.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
You might want to PM the mods if you haven't already, just to make sure they see this.
I think they're busy. I PMed CK a full week ago with the Current Events thread ruleset, and since that hasn't even been put up, they're probably pretty backed-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom