• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the best sonic ive seen so far..

-DemowiI-

Smash Rookie
i swear i try to waste the time till the european release, but it just wont work, one question i ask is WHY?, WHY?, WHHYY? (btw, both vids' look great

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
I have to lean towards Tony. Lucky is very solid but Tony's game is more grounded literally. Since Sonic is so much faster on the ground, it's my opinion that Sonic should mostly stay on the ground to attack. Spam the dash attack, hyphen smash, reverse throw out of a dash and all those ground oriented tactics. I think the only time I personally would take to the air is to edge-guard someone, Nair or juggle. I would limit my aerial chasing game to specific times just so they don't see it coming.

There is one exception though. I would chase with the UpB and follow it up with an aerial attack if the opponent tries to avoid me near the stratosphere. The recovery jump comes out fast and that's really the only time Sonic seems fast in the air. But I have no idea if getting hit out of an UpB jump allows Sonic to use the recovery again. If he could use another recovery jump, then this is certainly something I would incorporate into my game.

jellis186

Smash Apprentice
getting hit does allow the use of the ^B. Watch some of gimpy vs lucky videos

Suna

Smash Journeyman
lol you took my thread name... and put a vid up thats allready in the Video thread I also made...are you out to destroy me or erase me from this world?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
getting hit does allow the use of the ^B. Watch some of gimpy vs lucky videos
I think it's actually seen in the video killer tofu linked to in the very first post of this thread. Oddly enough.

StealthFighterX

Smash Journeyman
lol you took my thread name... and put a vid up thats allready in the Video thread I also made...are you out to destroy me or erase me from this world?
Lmfao..poor suna...on topic, yea tony's sonic was top notch. Luckys at first sucked but he got better in his later matches i was really suprised cuz from his last post he seemed kinda bummed about sonic but this just shows practice makes perfect heh. Gotta combine a good offence with a nice defence.

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
No one is the"'best' player at X-character." for another month or two, get over it.
Sorry nope. By definition there's always a best person at something regardless of time and familiarity. What you mean to say is that the best person a month from now may be different from the person who is the best now. We're merely going by video evidence. And as of right now, Tony and Lucky have the most notable Sonics in America because of their videos. I'll gladly admit to being wrong if someone out there releases/show some videos of their own which trounces their Sonic. Although I will agree that "best" is an overall subjective term.

And I must have missed that part with the UpB. It's great that he can do this if he gets hit out of it. This definitely mixes up his game even further. I also notice that the spring actually hurts opponents if it drops on their heads. If you can get above them while edge guarding (possibly using his spin attacks to get some horizontal distance off the stage) you could use this move to screw over someone's recovery rhythm and punish them as they dodge/return from the spring attack.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I felt the same way when someone posted a thread about Toon Links alternate colours when I had all the colours like a month before on my video thread. That person has like 10 posts less than my VIDEO THREAD filled with like 30-40 videos (including donations from other people)..

I just got myself upset :(.

StealthFighterX

Smash Journeyman
There will be plenty more sonic users and masters when the game comes out..and more techs and such also im sure we will see his real power..right now this is just a taste.

killer tofu

Smash Lord
Lucky just went to a tournament yesterday so i think there might be new vids of him soon. And i just love Lucky's sonic. His playstyle is just amazing.

Top Bottom