• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best brawl match ever recorded. (Video inside)

Smash Ace
Gimpy, that was indeed hilarious. Almost Shiz-Lambchops on a team named "No More Sandbagging" level hilarious.

By the way, can we have some current Brawl impressions? Nothing fancy, just a short post. I'm curious how Bowser held up from the demo to the real game. Any other information you have would be great, particularly about Mario. I'm curious if he's still really good, but I haven't seen anyone competent play him.

_Tediz_

Smash Rookie
Oh god, not those Kirby suicides again. Hopes it's just not going to be one of those move that everyone take Bowser cause it's easy to win this way. But, I think those who tought about giving this move to Bowser knew about how it could turn into a cheap shot, maybe it's gonna be okay. One thing's sure, that guy ( the one playing as Lucas) didn't knew about that move...:laugh:

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
To all of you on here ready to put the axe to the Bowerbomb, listen up.

Lucas sucked. Horribly. He was hardly putting up a fight and was way too predictable. Gimpy did what anyone with common sense would do. Shame him.

If the technique was to succeed on a proffesional level, than it is your fault for falling victim to it. FURTHERMORE, when it gets to sudden death, and you can't land one hit, it is your fault.

Reach down to your panties and pull the knot out of them. You all make me sick with your constant "LET'S BAN DIZ CUZ IT UNFUURRR"

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Every time Lucas says "PK Fire" It is so tempting to voice Hadolkin.

other than that, nice vid.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
I deeply deeply respect you for this Gimpyfish.
Why? as a kirby player i can say this... If you can do it to win, do it. Thats what torneys are about.

Nothing better than being on 90% them being on 0% then going and killing you both

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord

Lucas sucked. Horribly. He was hardly putting up a fight and was way too predictable. Gimpy did what anyone with common sense would do. Shame him.

If the technique was to succeed on a proffesional level, than it is your fault for falling victim to it. FURTHERMORE, when it gets to sudden death, and you can't land one hit, it is your fault.

Reach down to your panties and pull the knot out of them. You all make me sick with your constant "LET'S BAN DIZ CUZ IT UNFUURRR"
caaaaaalm dowwwn

gimpy is just that good

shadowterra

Smash Rookie
my god, so freaking cheap. Really , if you're a bad guy you can make ffa matches really boring by killing the same player all the time giving him -1.

thanks for posting your video

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Does every single person in here need to kneel down to suck gimpy's ****?!?

Anyway prediction here: I forsee Brawl's metagame being very stagnant.

That was actually pretty lame, Gimpy. Three Koopacides? Come on. I was expecting some crazy-*** Bowser combo extravaganza. For shame.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Good video, the Lucas was pretty bad but it might have been a bad game. Could have avoided some of those, nice finish though.

_Tediz_

Smash Rookie

Well, I agree with him. The worst thing in conpetition is to be humileted that way and that's what makes Gimpy pretty cool ^^ But well , as long as it be a move that only work on noob and don't affects real matchs, that's just funny.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord

wow.
chill out.

Also i agree that its your fault for getting grabbed. its also your fault if you get hit... by anything.
no jhons on that front.

but the peanlty for getting grabbed, at any %, anywhere on 75% of the stage, with no way to wiggle out in time, should not be an auto-death.

any noob can grab someone, its not hard to do, and its pretty much unavoidable that you are going to get grabbed. Its a huge part of the game.

well unlike most of you I don't have to do it over smashboards I can do it in real life
0_o

flyingmule

Smash Cadet
I think LeeHarris said that there was a way out of it, but if there isn't, well, hope for this game was good while it lasted. It might not be the only thing good in the game, but all strategies will have to work around it. The Jitte of Brawl.

flyingmule

Smash Cadet
Yes, I did. There were tons of ways around it, but that single card ended up inadvertently shaping the metagame, forcing nearly every deck to either use it or work around it. It was not imbalanced or unfair, but it singlehandedly changed numerous formats.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I did. There were tons of ways around it, but that single card ended up inadvertently shaping the metagame, forcing nearly every deck to either use it or work around it. It was not imbalanced or unfair, but it singlehandedly changed numerous formats.
I thought you played. ^_^ I must agree with your statement as I played standard when it was around. I still think the metagame was worse with Affinity around, but Jitte warped the format really bad after Mirrodin left.

On Topic: Brawl is fun?

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman

I make you sick with my constant "LET'S BAN DIZ CUZ IT UNFUURRR"?

Lavis, I stressed to death that I wasn't flaming or being mean in anyway, just trying to make others understand my viewpoint, but its okay its not like I couldn't expect at least 1 out of the thousands of people on these boards to do this.

I'm not going to defend myself anymore on the matter, because apperently only about 4 people are looking at it through my eyes. All I'll do is store your reply on wordpad for further refrence in the future when the game is released to all of you in english.

wow.
chill out.

Also i agree that its your fault for getting grabbed. its also your fault if you get hit... by anything.
no jhons on that front.

but the peanlty for getting grabbed, at any %, anywhere on 75% of the stage, with no way to wiggle out in time, should not be an auto-death.

any noob can grab someone, its not hard to do, and its pretty much unavoidable that you are going to get grabbed. Its a huge part of the game.

0_o

Top Bottom