• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best brawl match ever recorded. (Video inside)

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Gimpy? I lurv you.

Those Bowsercides were nothing short of absolute win. Pure, unrefined, epic win.

I'm almost tempted to play Bowser just from that....:laugh:

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Best. Match. Ever. XD Epic win there! Although I'm looking forward to the serious matches too. BUT it was still epic.

So...Nice match there. I shall have it bookmarked and watch it daily as long as it remains up there, because I like it that much. XD

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wow. Lucas' star Ko scream is odd. Yet funy. ice match Gimpy :)

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Hmmm

I've noticed that more competetive players plat 3 stock now instead of 4

Is this because the characters live longer now?

Also, after your first tourney GImpy, how do think the tourney seen will be? Will it be as popular as melee? or will it die after a year or so? I wasnt a tourney goer in Melee, but i'm definatley planning to become a tourney goer in Brawl.

With Wolf as my main and P.Trainer, Ike, and Toon Link as my alts.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
wow.
do you think this will be tourny legal?

just get good enough with bowser to get grabs in, take a pro to sudden death with it...

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Man.. One kill an the rest can be suicide... People will have to learn not to get set up into those, because they are looking to put him in high tier, along with Diddy.

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
Amusing match, curious though if that move may prove to be too good, any time you end up on the poor side of the percent scale just pull them into a bowsercide?

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong my most beloved chars will always be Peach and Bowser, but gimpy, don't you honestly think that strategy is just a bit too much. When I first saw Bowser's new FB I was afraid how broken it would be in stock matches.

No kidding, with these Bowsercides + Bowser's Fair/FB switchem'up mindgames, this actually could end up being Brawl's first banned techique(Bowserciding that is). People aren't realizing how easy it is to land one FB.

I know I'm jumping the gun by saying that. I know that 9000000000000000 people will jump on me for saying this because the games only been out so long. But really, with that strategy you really don't need anything else for Bowser. His game would revolve around getting one kill over his opponents then going in for the FB that could suicide from almost the middle of FinalD. Gimpy you have to know where I'm coming from here, and I KNOW this has had to been brought up to you in the tourny you went too.

Sure, its funny, and you did own that guy. But it's techniques like that Bowsercide that will in the end make brawl feel less competitive.

EDIT: I say these things not in hate, but with a light heart, dude.
YOU KNOW how easy his improved FB is to land with proper Bowser use. It's either get grabbed or eat 4 billion Fairs.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
But it's techniques like that Bowsercide that will in the end make brawl feel less competitive.
Yup, this kind of cheap *** gameplay really ****s the whole game. Anyone performing suicides can suck it.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Ugh.
1) Stop riding his **** so hard. Yes, the video was funny. But we don't need a full page of "OMG GIMPYFISH UR SO COOL" "OMG U WUD DO DAT GIMPYFISH". I understand that he's famous and has a great personality so people like him, but come on atleast try to be constructive in your posting.
2) I don't see this getting banned in tournaments. Most players wont be smart enough to be able to do this enough times to win. Think of it like wobbling. Easy to do, abusable from a single move in the right position, yet the top players can avoid it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Best video ever???

Bowser suicides are so lame it's ridiculous. If you like smokin balls then I guess that's for you.

This Diddy Vs. Lucario vid is much better, though still not the best:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XRImHxXdMn0
That Lucario player is relying WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much on aerials, and he just keeps getting punished for not mixing it up. It's a sad match, really. Lucario's better than that.

Top Bottom