• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best brawl match ever recorded. (Video inside)

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Ahaha, oh wow. That was amazing.
Say, Gimpy, I noticed that this was done with 3 stock. I was in a tournament Saturday night and we ran 4 stock. That took wayyyyy too long, however. Any idea if MLG plans on changing the rules to 3 stock?

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Ever since Bowser's new Side-B was revealed, I planned to incorporate the Bowsercide into my Bowser game. Nice to see it work hahahaha.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Don't get me wrong my most beloved chars will always be Peach and Bowser, but gimpy, don't you honestly think that strategy is just a bit too much. When I first saw Bowser's new FB I was afraid how broken it would be in stock matches.

No kidding, with these Bowsercides + Bowser's Fair/FB switchem'up mindgames, this actually could end up being Brawl's first banned techique(Bowserciding that is). People aren't realizing how easy it is to land one FB.

I know I'm jumping the gun by saying that. I know that 9000000000000000 people will jump on me for saying this because the games only been out so long. But really, with that strategy you really don't need anything else for Bowser. His game would revolve around getting one kill over his opponents then going in for the FB that could suicide from almost the middle of FinalD. Gimpy you have to know where I'm coming from here, and I KNOW this has had to been brought up to you in the tourny you went too.

Sure, its funny, and you did own that guy. But it's techniques like that Bowsercide that will in the end make brawl feel less competitive.

EDIT: I say these things not in hate, but with a light heart, dude.
YOU KNOW how easy his improved FB is to land with proper Bowser use. It's either get grabbed or eat 4 billion Fairs.
I get where you're coming from dude.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
um, suiciding to gimp a stock <<<< gimping stocks without dying

i don't know what blue sHell is talking about.

Fernie812

Smash Cadet
I don't think I've ever seen sudden death in stock before...LOL
Also, are you really from SoCal Gimpy? THATS WHERE MY DOG WAS BORN! :D

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I'm really looking forward to those competitive videos.

I've seen WAY too many frickin videos of crazy free-for-alls where you can barely tell what's going on.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I'm curious what happens when you do that DURING sudden death as well, since Gimpyfish was actually trying to win during the sudden death and hit the platform.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
HAHAHAAHAH

YOUR MY HERO that was awesome. That technique should be named after you, the gimpydrop or something

Zevox

Smash Lord
Eh, its definitely an effective tactic, and amusing the first time you see it, but I'd disagree with the "best match ever" claim. Suicide to sudden death just isn't anywhere near as exciting as a straight-up fight IMO.

Zevox

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
um, suiciding to gimp a stock <<<< gimping stocks without dying

i don't know what blue sHell is talking about.
Bowser could end up doing that suicide from just a few feet from the middle of Final D.
So in most situations if that move lands NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE most of the time you just lost a stock with this tactic.

Foward B could be done in the air like a SHFFL, but its a grab. So no matter what you're forced to either jump way before he reaches you, or side roll. If this move is an automatic stock then there's no reason to go for anything else but this if most situations. So you're opponent is totally limited to only side rolling and playing defensively vs Bowser's FowardB offense. They have to contantly play keep away, run away, and side roll because just one Foward B is a kill. You block? You die.

Fox's shine gimp could be done from outside the field, yes. But even so, alot of chars could make it back after a standard low percentage shine gimp. Fox has to follow it up using mindgames and really its not broken. If anyone thinks its broken they'd be wrong, really. Look up all the vids you can of pro fox's vs other pros. Even the majority of the kills aren't shine gimps.

Whereas Bowser..... You land it. You got a stock. And you're opponent, no matter where he is, has to play defensive. And the move is...really...really...fast....

I forsee the comment "The game hasn't been out long enough for you to say things like that, just give it time and stfu". My friend got his copy of brawl, and I've played Bowser ALOT, and I'll tell you right now that landing FowardB isn't at all a mission. Gimpy being a Bowser player too, knows how easy it is to land.

I don't want to seem like I'm coming off defensive, I'm really trying my best for you all to understand the problem at hand here. I wish gimpy could come back and comment on his own thread.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Bowser could end up doing that suicide from just a few feet from the middle of Final D.
So in most situations if that move lands NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE most of the time you just lost a stock with this tactic.

Foward B could be done in the air like a SHFFL, but its a grab. So no matter what you're forced to either jump way before he reaches you, or side roll. If this move is an automatic stock then there's no reason to go for anything else but this if most situations. So you're opponent is totally limited to only side rolling and playing defensively vs Bowser's FowardB offense. They have to contantly play keep away, run away, and side roll because just one Foward B is a kill. You block? You die.

Fox's shine gimp could be done from outside the field, yes. But even so, alot of chars could make it back after a standard low percentage shine gimp. Fox has to follow it up using mindgames and really its not broken. If anyone thinks its broken they'd be wrong, really. Look up all the vids you can of pro fox's vs other pros. Even the majority of the kills aren't shine gimps.

Whereas Bowser..... You land it. You got a stock. And you're opponent, no matter where he is, has to play defensive. And the move is...really...really...fast....

I forsee the comment "The game hasn't been out long enough for you to say things like that, just give it time and stfu". My friend got his copy of brawl, and I've played Bowser ALOT, and I'll tell you right now that landing FowardB isn't at all a mission. Gimpy being a Bowser player too, knows how easy it is to land.

I don't want to seem like I'm coming off defensive, I'm really trying my best for you all to understand the problem at hand here. I wish gimpy could come back and comment on his own thread.
QFT. Wi-Fi will be really ****ed if many others find out about this move's potential

chaos_zero

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0222-2373-0059
QUESTION:

I live in Socal. Where the hell was this Smash tournament. I NEED to play this game. I plan on going at least semi-pro for Brawl....and I'll need more competition for that to materialize.

Where is this whole brawl scene happening? I'm in Laguna Niguel.

Top Bottom