• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Beach House 4 - October 26th, 2013 - howell

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
GET EXCITED!
WHO IMPROVED MOST?

October 26th, 2013
Melee + PM
Last chance to prove yourself for the P/R. With confirmed attendance of Trail. Who will upset him? That scrubby climbers.

The fourth edition of The Beach House is here boys. Pizza and drinks will be provided again covered by the venue fee. I'll make sure to get some cheese this time as well.

This tournament is in the center of Ann Arbor, East Lansing, and West Bloomfield. It's the ideal location and there will be no lacking of setups. Looking around, there are five CRT's just waiting for cubes right now.

INFORMATION
Food/Venue Fee - $5 per person. This is going straight to costs of food/drinks, which will be pizza and pop. If anyone has preferences as to drinks and pizza I get, let me know beforehand.
-PARKING - Do not, I repeat, do NOT block the driveway. Cars can be parked on the right side of the driveway (as you pull in), in the grass, all the way up to the road. Starting in front of the sidewalk they can also be two deep, so parked side by side, into the grass. There likely will be cars already parked so just follow by example.
-Either of the front doors work or if you are scared feel free to walk around the house and come in the basement doors right into the tournament area. I do have a dog, but she is a gentle soul that loves to bark.
-BRING MELEE DISCS!! Because Rob is leaving early, there will be a need for a few discs. Please bring em. $1/disc off venue.

Melee 2v2 - $5 per person ($10/team)
Melee 1v1 - $5 per person ($5/person)
PM 1v1 - TBD - $5 or less.

SCHEDULE
10:30 am - Venue Opens
11:30 am - Doubles registration ends
12:00-2:00 - Doubles Bracket
1:30 pm - Singles registration ends
2:00-3:30 - Singles Pools - PM registration ends after melee singles pools
3:30-5:00 - Food Break
5:00-7:30 - Singles Bracket
9 or so - Venue Closes

PRIZES
Melee 2v2 - 70/30 to the 1st/2nd place finishers
Melee 1v1 - 55/30/15 to the 1st/2nd/3rd place finishers
PM 1v1 - TBD. Winner takes all or second gets their money back

BRING SETUPS - Discounts as follows
I have 5 CRT’s, 3 cubes, and 1 melee disc. There will be a dollar discount per item (up to $5) for whoever brings the things listed below:
-1 cubes/WII
-4 melee discs
And $3 of venue waived if you bring a full setup. Use the $2 for money matches.
Refunds will be given at the end of the day and will be given on a first come first receive basis. By that I mean, there is a max number of setups equal to half of the entrants, or 10 setups. If you arrive after there are five full setups, you will only be eligible for the $ discounts above. After 10 setups, you will only be eligible if you can find room AND there are enough entrants.

Please invite any friends that may be interested! I am not friends with all the smashers in Michigan. If you want to show up just for friendlies and some food, that’s cool too, but the venue fee must be paid by everyone.
RULES:
* 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
* Items OFF
* Sets are best-of-3 except Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals, which are best-of-5.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Wobbling is allowed
* Master Hand is banned.
* Glitches such as IC's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on unless it was the stage struck to for the first game, or unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Dopey

Smash Lord
AND IF PPL ARE INTERESTED BRING PM SETUPS ILL BE RUNNING A SIDE PM SINGLES TOURNY $1 ENTREE WINNER TAKE ALL??? Or maybe 2nd gets thier dollar back might be better so far just 1 setup NEED MOARRR.

I got a feelin fox is gonna take this one...in melee of course..; P

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
@Chad - I'll do a MM with you or two.
@Sax - typically 12-15. This one will likely be slightly larger, 15-18 maybe. Still relatively small and a great tournament to come out to.
@Juggle - We can poll everyone day of. Last time though I was dropping pools and everyone was not pleased. Basically, it's a good opportunity for a lot of people to get "real" sets for a cheap cost. If I take out pools, a lot of newer players won't care to enter because they'll go 2 and out. I'll think about it though. Feel free to message me.
@Trail - stfu scrub i'm gonna scrape u

Dopey

Smash Lord
i miss back in the day...

dope vs trail 3-1 gonna wreck you soo hard its gonna count as 3 wins in a 2/3 set

but we got them teams baayyybeeee

anyone bringing PM setups? i got 1 soo far...with only 10-15 ppl 1 setup aint bad but 2 is much better thats like 100% better thats just math!

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
i miss back in the day...

dope vs trail 3-1 gonna wreck you soo hard its gonna count as 3 wins in a 2/3 set

but we got them teams baayyybeeee

anyone bringing PM setups? i got 1 soo far...with only 10-15 ppl 1 setup aint bad but 2 is much better thats like 100% better thats just math!
are you high? I don't think you've ever beaten me in a tournament, period. I used to **** on you back in the day too LOL.

Dopey

Smash Lord
I think I only beat you once un tourny...but a glorious victory it was lmaooo

Yo who's comin from lansing/east lansing??

Stif

Smash Apprentice
AND IF PPL ARE INTERESTED BRING PM SETUPS ILL BE RUNNING A SIDE PM SINGLES TOURNY $1 ENTREE WINNER TAKE ALL??? Or maybe 2nd gets thier dollar back might be better so far just 1 setup NEED MOARRR.

I got a feelin fox is gonna take this one...in melee of course..; P

If i go (75% chance) ill bring a wii with PM but i dont have a CRTV

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
@Thugz - You comin?? Get excited.
@Stif - that shouldn't be an issue. I have 5 CRT's myself. If the PM tourny is ran, just steal one for P.M
@KD - Smash games son unless you want to go upstairs above the garage. Which will be happening later in the night.
@Dope - message Artificial and some MSU/Kzoo guys

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Ya that's fine its just in the room above the garage. Which is balling, but separate from the basement obviously

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
P.M. is now a confirmed addition to this tournament. Entry will be $5 or less, likely 2-3. Will be determined by the people.

Chad don't bail on us now man. It's a fun time. I'll give you a couple brewski's to ease the pain

Dopey

Smash Lord
PM IS GONNA HAPPEN GET RDY KIDDOS

Fox time for melee that's all I kno ; P

Also anyone planning on entering the PM side singles tourny....do we want 1-5 $ for entree? Also do we want to do pools where like its 2 pools of however many and top 4 make it out of each 8 man bracket yayuhzz that way there's more games to be played n what have you...FEEDBACK PLZKTHX

Dopey

Smash Lord
Get ownd rob. My diddy vs any char any stage PICK EM SON

My fox vs ur falcon melee son do it

Stif

Smash Apprentice
PM IS GONNA HAPPEN GET RDY KIDDOS

Fox time for melee that's all I kno ; P

Also anyone planning on entering the PM side singles tourny....do we want 1-5 $ for entree? Also do we want to do pools where like its 2 pools of however many and top 4 make it out of each 8 man bracket yayuhzz that way there's more games to be played n what have you...FEEDBACK PLZKTHX

Yes $5 entry fee would be chill and so would be pools, also im for sure going and bringing my PM setup

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Going in OP, but posting it here as well.
Final Announcements! Pay attention to parking!
-PM is confirmed and happening. Make sure to bring setups! There is only room for 3-4 setups approximately so once we hit that, no more will be allowed. James (Dope) is the TO for that event so he will be the one to talk to. PM will start as soon as Melee pools end. Likely time will be 3-4:30 or so and then running concurrent with melee. Also there will be no discount for PM setups, apologies in advance.
-It is a big house with pillars. You shouldn't miss it.
-PARKING - Do not, I repeat, do NOT block the driveway. Cars can be parked on the right side of the driveway (as you pull in), in the grass, all the way up to the road. Starting in front of the sidewalk they can also be two deep, so parked side by side, into the grass. There likely will be cars already parked so just follow by example.
-Either of the front doors work or if you are scared feel free to walk around the house and come in the basement doors right into the tournament area. I do have a dog, but she is a gentle soul that loves to bark. Playing with her is encouraged. Have Robin show you her goalie skills
-Please arrive before your scheduled events to get registration out of the way and so that we can start on time
-Venue fee is required. If you do not wish to have pizza/breadsticks ask me and I can direct you to some other food options. They are a 15-20 min drive depending on where you go.
-BRING MELEE DISCS!! Because Rob is leaving early, there will be a need for a few discs. Please bring em. $1/disc off venue.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Alrighty since no one else has said anything and one person said 5 $ is good majority soo far is 5 $ so that's what I'm stickin too untill saturday unless we don't get enough ppl wanting to pay then we shall improvise..

So for PM its 5 $ entree for singles and we will be doing pools (or one big pool lmao) then what do you guys think for stages? I was kinda just gonna copy paste BH3 rule set I believe everyone knows how it works if not we can always pull up a sheet of stages and how to strike.

Bans work 1 2 2 1 to decide first nuetral
Winner bans 2 stages. Loser picks stage. Winner picks character. Loser picks character
All best of 3 untill winner/loser finals and GFs
Pause will be disabled
As far as payout depending on how many people I was gonna say just do 70% 30% 1st and 2nd

Lemmo kno how ya feel

Xatic

Smash Lord
Alrighty since no one else has said anything and one person said 5 $ is good majority soo far is 5 $ so that's what I'm stickin too untill saturday unless we don't get enough ppl wanting to pay then we shall improvise..

So for PM its 5 $ entree for singles and we will be doing pools (or one big pool lmao) then what do you guys think for stages? I was kinda just gonna copy paste BH3 rule set I believe everyone knows how it works if not we can always pull up a sheet of stages and how to strike.

Bans work 1 2 2 1 to decide first nuetral
Winner bans 2 stages. Loser picks stage. Winner picks character. Loser picks character
All best of 3 untill winner/loser finals and GFs
Pause will be disabled
As far as payout depending on how many people I was gonna say just do 70% 30% 1st and 2nd

Lemmo kno how ya feel

I actually have the BH3 colorset for stages to make it easier for us :3

Top Bottom