• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Beach House 3 - June 22nd, 2013 - Howell

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
June 22nd, 2013
Featuring:​

Another melee tournament at the legendary beach household! Pizza and drinks will be provided again this time, with an hour and a half break to allow for other food possibilities. Lots of setups and tons of friendlies, make sure you come out to this tournament in the center of Ann Arbor, East Lansing, and West Bloomfield. Last time we had...way too many setups. It was a great problem to have.

INFORMATION
Food/Venue Fee - $5 per person. This is going straight to costs of food/drinks, which will be pizza and pop. If anyone has preferences as to drinks I get, let me know beforehand.

Melee 2v2 - $5 per person ($10/team), starting at 12 pm sharp
Melee 1v1 - $5 per person, starts at 2 p.m. sharp
1v1 pools will be from 2-3:30, with a food break from 3:30-5, bracket starts at 5.

PRIZES
Melee 2v2 - 70/30 to the 1st/2nd place finishers
Melee 1v1 - 55/30/15 to the 1st/2nd/3rd place finishers

BRING SETUPS - Discounts as follows
I have 5 CRT’s, 4 cubes, and 1 melee disc. There will be a dollar discount per item (up to $5) for whoever brings the things listed below:
-1 cubes/WII
-4 melee discs
And $3 of venue waived if you bring a full setup.Use the $2 for money matches.
Refunds will be given at the end of the day and will be given on a first come first receive basis. By that I mean, there is a max number of setups equal to half of the entrants, or 10 setups. If you arrive after there are five full setups, you will only be eligible for the $ discounts above. After 10 setups, you will only be eligible if you can find room AND there are enough entrants.

Please invite any friends that may be interested! I am not friends with all the smashers in Michigan. If you want to show up just for friendlies and some food, that’s cool too, but the venue fee must be paid by everyone.

RULES:
"Everyone knows them" did not work. So here are the rules.
* 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
* Items OFF
* Sets are best-of-3 except Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals, which are best-of-5.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Wobbling is allowed
* Master Hand is banned.
* Glitches such as IC's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on unless it was the stage struck to for the first game, or unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

kd-

Smash Lord
Controller didn't work and I cemented it not working by cementing it into the ground with my foot. Controllerless again

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
chad, you retiring or buying a new controller? I can get like-new controllers for $30.

And everyone should attend this. It's going to be better than last time. And last time was awesome.

kd-

Smash Lord
midwest retired I guess. What does 'like-new' entail? I'm definitely attending this because I heard the last time was baller. Although everyone who is already attending/not attending knows about this or vice versa, you should put this under midwest so if people search midwest tournies they'll see this.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
The only reason I knew they weren't new, is because they said used. That new haha.

Posted to midwest, thanks

D

Deleted member

I might be able to come to this. Any idea what attendance might be like?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
To early to say honestly. The last one had 16 entrants IIRC and it was on the same day as a west MI tournament and between SWEET's.

I'd say 16-25 is a safe vague guess as of now. Michigan is also notoriously hard to gauge as people just show up.

To anyone reading this: please RSVP on here or facebook so I can gauge potential attendance for food/space purposes.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Montross. It's looking good man, hope you can make it out. I've never actually got to play you.

Roki - Rob is driving out, definitely get a ride with him if you can. It'd be good to get some games in.

Chad - u scurred

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Chad, I literally have 3 spare controllers just sitting around if you need to borrow one. My only condition is you pay for it if you break it :p

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Rob - my bad I thought you were

Chad - $20 it is. Best of 5 or 7 is good with me. End of the day though or when we get knocked out of singles.

Who else am I money matching?

If anyone has a recording setup that'd be awesome. Or if anyone can bring the stuff and I can set it up on my computer

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring my recording setup. Free to use by anyone who wants anything recorded at all. Super simple instructions will be on a Notepad file in a visible window.

EDIT: Provided I'm able to make it out there. But I will. I'll find a way.

kd-

Smash Lord
Chad, I literally have 3 spare controllers just sitting around if you need to borrow one. My only condition is you pay for it if you break it :p
Aight I'll take you up on that. Hopefully not breaking it ^_-

Rob - my bad I thought you were

Chad - $20 it is. Best of 5 or 7 is good with me. End of the day though or when we get knocked out of singles.
Bo5, it's gonna be fun :o

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I can bring all three controllers to the game room on Friday if you wanna try them all out. Let me know.

D

Deleted member

Leaving now. I'm hoping to make it in time for singles.

Dopey

Smash Lord
LOLL stro! Ya I'm in sdakota still, the lambofeeties r in the shop luckily I got my chevorlegs cyall there

Pm side tourny?!?!?!

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Yeah we have more than enough time for the P:M tourny - I just won't run it. If you step up to run it and we find two setups I'll add it in here for sure

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'll probably be up here for this. I think Cpt. Cleveland said he wanted to go as well. Might bring a couple new faces.

Top Bottom