• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
>blurry as all h***
>just happens to be the only non-revealed character in that character selection
>is called "Crash B." instead of "Crash" or "Crash Bandicoot"
>is less zoomed in than the rest of the characters

Definitely legit.

Fake leaks with Crash are still exciting at least. I'll give you that.
HIs zoomed in like pacman so he is smaller,
Probably to fit his arms?
however, I am also suspicious that he is the only newcomer and the top rumors (Geno, Chorus Kids,) arent there
what if Nintendo is pulling an on disk DLC ala namco LOL

also Crash Bandicoot is definitely longer that King K.Rool and Crash is a pretty common word TBH
wait scratch that Mr Game and watch is longer lmao

not gonna lie tho, this made me giggity LMAO:laugh:

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Yeah , Crash B. could be a reference to the PSX Games menu.

And we don't know were this render come from.

We can't say it is 100% fake.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
HIs zoomed in like pacman so he is smaller,
Probably to fit his arms?
however, I am also suspicious that he is the only newcomer and the top rumors (Geno, Chorus Kids,) arent there
what if Nintendo is pulling an on disk DLC ala namco LOL

also Crash Bandicoot is definitely longer that King K.Rool and Crash is a pretty common word TBH
wait scratch that Mr Game and watch is longer lmao

not gonna lie tho, this made me giggity LMAO:laugh:
With conventional names, they usually just go with the first name; as they did with Cloud, Simon, Samus, Fox, Falco, and Wolf. I have a really hard time believing they'd go with Crash B. over just Crash. He is almost never addressed as Crash B. in the series or by the fan base.

Yeah , Crash B. could be a reference to the PSX Games menu.

And we don't know were this render come from.

We can't say it is 100% fake.
I am dying to see the source of that render.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Yeah i don't believe this leak at all, but the fact that someone finally made a fake leak with Crash in with it makes me happy for some reason.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know, right? There are so many parallels between these two:
  • A trilogy of genre-defining PS1 releases
  • A handful of GBA games, including their only major crossovers so far, which were with each other
  • A critically panned PS2 debut, followed up by a stylistically different, yet well-received, open-world adventure
  • A hard reboot with a shift towards beat-em-up gameplay that alienated long time fans
  • Nearly a decade of total absence from the gaming landscape following their failed reboot (don't correct me on this)
  • A ground-up remastering of their original trilogy, just over twenty years since their debut.
It's no wonder that the Spyro fanbase's favourite pastime is clamouring for Spyro's version of whatever just happened to Crash.
Not to mention that their respective original developers/creators both went on to make teen-oriented series (Jak & Daxter/Ratchet & Clank), then after maturing even more, went on to do games centered towards older audiences (Uncharted/Spider-Man), although Insomniac took a LOT longer before doing so.

Also, one last parallel you missed: both had their said reboots handled by developers that previously attempted to do their own take on contributing to their series, and went to great lengths to treat their remasters with care.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Crash's hand.

I think it's the definitive proof it's fake, since there's no Player 1 token above crash's render in the CSS
Even if it was above Crash, characters don't really appear that way at the bottom of the CSS after you selected a character. Definitely fake.

I find it hilarious that the running trend for image leaks is to literally have someone break your arm as you take a picture of the screen
lol it's a Nintendo executive trying to stop them in time

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I think those leaks are made blurry in order to make it harder to debunk the fake renders.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
The various colored Crash clones seen in Crash of the Titans. Honestly, I was just looking for a useable green palette as usually a green one is included.
I don't remember those enemies being in-game, I had always thought that was a one-shot cutaway gag promotional material

D

Deleted member

Who in this thread remembers this ABSOLUTE GEM of a game?
ctr.png

D

Deleted member

Personally, the Switch version of the N. Sane Trilogy hasn't convinced me that Crash is likely as it has some others. I don't know I just feel like a character who didn't seem like he had much of a shot before suddenly getting a Switch game boosts his chances that much.

But that's in the realm of likeliness. In terms of want, I think Crash would be a great addition. Consider me a supporter.

grizby2

Smash Lord
YO.

coming from the shantae and geno threads to wish you guys the best! hopefully the next direct breaks the mold as far as speculation goes. good luck!

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
This is the supposed "leak" you guys are talking about.

Sounds pretty fake to me, honestly

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216

It doesn't sound too good tbh. Also it looks like we now have fake leaks in the form of music.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It doesn't sound too good tbh. Also it looks like we now have fake leaks in the form of music.
yeah i don't like it either, sounds like some of those generic "remixes" of video game music people often put on youtube.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I aways loved Crash 2 musics!
And i hope to see some in the game if Crash joins!

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I would like to see a remixed theme with various parts of different Crash music, like they usually do with other series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Coco Bandicoot Character Support thread. Feel free to make suggestions on how to improve it. Such as moves, fs ideas, ect.
https://smashboards.com/threads/coco-bandicoot-echo-fighter-support-thread.457978/#post-22364132
I'm thinking we should just merge the threads.

Though, if you ask me, there is a likely chance that Crash and Coco would be alternate costumes to each other like Olimar and Alph. Considering how the N. Sane Trilogy makes the two carbon copies, that would be a more likely outcome, although this would mean both characters would have their own trophies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Though, if you ask me, there is a likely chance that Crash and Coco would be alternate costumes to each other like Olimar and Alph. Considering how the N. Sane Trilogy makes the two carbon copies, that would be a more likely outcome, although this would mean both characters would have their own trophies.
I'm gonna second this. Would be nice for Coco to make it, but I feel it's gonna be a low chance unless they do something like what they did to Olimar and Alph

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice

ignoring the fact that there were 8 Olimar Costumes in Ultimate's tournament and Alph has been absent since then, i'd be fine with four Crash Outfits and four Coco Outfits:
Crash, Twinsanity crash pattern with yellow belly and yellow shoes and green pants, Carbon Crash, and Evil Crash;
Coco, Overalls and flower change, redhaired Coco, Evil Coco alt colors with nightshade flower,

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Coco would be better off as an echo though because she uses a few different animations and is less goofy than crash.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Coco would be better off as an echo though because she uses a few different animations and is less goofy than crash.
for example her arm movements would be less erratic and more precise, using martial arts and ballet inspired variants of Crash's non-canon moves, and using lazers instead of a Wumpa fruit cannon. But still retaining all her attacks from N. Sane Trilogy and Wrath of Cortex.

this is a remix of Wrath of Cortex... until I heard the last bit, I genuinely thought it could have been a leaked song from Wrath of Cortex remaster, but sadly... the last bit doesn't match Vicarious Visions Audio's signature. Or Toys for Bob, or Smash bros remix staff. They would've leaked a new version of Crasshu Bandikkuu or Cortex Strikes back first youknow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, as far as the soundtrack, I'm largely expecting it to consist of primarily of Toys for Bob's renditions of Mutato Muzaka's stuff from the original games?

Which I'm perfectly find with. The "all a capella soundtrack" of Twinsanity got on my nerves quick.

And, for the record; I'd be happy with Coco as an Echo. I'm just saying there's a possibility that Coco will be treated as an alternate for Crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom