• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
blues i have the game for SNES with a SNES, but i dont' have a multitap.

and if its only two player, i'd rather jsut play legend of mana hahaha

and blues i'll mm your no hearts, upgrades... etc in mmx. lets go sometime!!!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i'm down for a speed boots only run as well, i'll lose, but its fine

5 bucks is cool this will be intense, if im perfect i should be able to do the all items one in like 50 mins or so

lom is a great game too, people shouldn't diss it so much but yeah som works great on wii 3 player you can even use gc controller if you don't have classic controllers

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
i'm down for a speed boots only run as well, i'll lose, but its fine

5 bucks is cool this will be intense, if im perfect i should be able to do the all items one in like 50 mins or so

lom is a great game too, people shouldn't diss it so much but yeah som works great on wii 3 player you can even use gc controller if you don't have classic controllers
nah i'll probably lose, i played it a few weeks ago and... TERRIBLE! i died multiple times and ****.

but i'm still down for lom, and som either one depending on how many ppl we have.

i'm gonna start a som house file eventually, and lom is ALWAYS being played by us, wish we had more memory cards so that everyone in our house could have files...

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
nah i'll probably lose, i played it a few weeks ago and... TERRIBLE! i died multiple times and ****.

but i'm still down for lom, and som either one depending on how many ppl we have.

i'm gonna start a som house file eventually, and lom is ALWAYS being played by us, wish we had more memory cards so that everyone in our house could have files...
so what day are we gonna do this? fri/sat/ or sunday afternoon i'm good

im at work during the day this week and tonight and tomorrow night are no go, xmas is a no go as well for obvious reasons

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
so what day are we gonna do this? fri/sat/ or sunday afternoon i'm good

im at work during the day this week and tonight and tomorrow night are no go, xmas is a no go as well for obvious reasons
i think sunday might be good for this, cause friday... well i might be booked all day, and saturday is a maybe, i know you have someone in our houses number, call us sat. or sun. and we will make this work one of those days!

blues

Smash Journeyman
i actually don't like to mm, just play for fun, oh and Legend of Mana is the best rpg ever ^_^

D

Deleted member

you know its ironic i was just playin X andd i just did a lom remix hahaha!!

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
blues i agree it is fun,

and Legend of Mana is the best ever... but i have like a few or a couple best ever

chrono trigger is one of them tied, not sure...

might just be legend of mana, and chrono trigger tied for me hahahaah

Ghostype

Smash Champion
not alone there Thumbs. i live with turbo and have only played lom once (though it's tight as ****,i just need my own file).

Tantalus - 443-627-1097 is my number if you need a house #

btw lol smashers text my phone and leave your name so I can have everyone's **** who posts in this thread.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
WHAHAHAH????

btree you've never played X?

man if ppl weren't coming over i'd make you play that... its too hard we have too many games that ppl need to play!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
In hindsight it's easy to say what would/would not have worked

but one thing I saw you did a lot of was Fair vs Diddy Fair, and it always didn't work :( You didn't really do that much in the second game- so I think it was just mind games/learning the matchup. DK was really good that round, his play style was really hard to follow, he was just unpredictable!

Is that the same Diddy Kirbstir easily trumped at Cyberden?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
that wasn't meant to be a knock on you JCaez!

DK Smash has greatly improved! So varied, he is nothing the other diddys i've played.

Although I prefer to use G&W against diddy (and it works, obviously)

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
wow jcaesar good stuff putting matchs online.
mm me next time we see so we can put that on too!

@ all ppl attended our place, too funz, and even a little too late hahah

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
WHAT?! BULL**** I **** PEACH

Lmao <3 Jc
Well, I mean, your individual performance against a certain character can be whatever, I'm just going by the general consensus.

I don't really have trouble with G&W even though that's supposed to be ROB's 2nd worst matchup. Same with Peach. But there are other characters that ROB is supposed to go even with or have the advantage over that I have a lot of trouble with.

Didn't you lose a MM to Slikvik's Peach a while back? I remember cause I had to win your money back :p

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Well, I mean, your individual performance against a certain character can be whatever, I'm just going by the general consensus.

I don't really have trouble with G&W even though that's supposed to be ROB's 2nd worst matchup. Same with Peach. But there are other characters that ROB is supposed to go even with or have the advantage over that I have a lot of trouble with.

Didn't you lose a MM to Slikvik's Peach a while back? I remember cause I had to win your money back :p
Dude, I was kidding. I was impersonating you :p

Peach does **** Diddy. And ROB beats him too if played properly.

Vik

Smash Cadet
tantalus. diddy has the advantage on G&W. Peach vs diddy is pretty even. diddy just has to adjust his game a little. I actually wanna pick up diddy now. He's another char that lets you play aggressive despite this ******** game engine telling you not to.

Thumbs, whats ur last name?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Why do you ask? It better not be what I think it is :mad:

edit- I actually think Diddy and G@W go even. GW can kill Diddy at pretty low percents and his glide toss is pretty amazing. Don't think you can always play aggressive with Diddy, he'll lose A LOT if you do that. Especially against camping based characters. A lot of the time you have to slow it down and be patient, which is not something I do a lot of. I'm probably one of the most aggressive Diddys around, and I lose quite a bit. In fact, I mostly know that if I just stood there and waited for my opponent I'd win more, but it's not something I like to do. Melee's nature just carried over for me. I don't enjoy camping or slowing down because, honestly, this game's at it's best for me when I'm working off momentum and non stop comboing with bananas. It's great fun, but it won't win you tournaments :(

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
tantalus. diddy has the advantage on G&W. Peach vs diddy is pretty even. diddy just has to adjust his game a little. I actually wanna pick up diddy now. He's another char that lets you play aggressive despite this ******** game engine telling you not to.

Thumbs, whats ur last name?
really? hmm i think bucket brake changes that matchup from where it was before

yeah rob beats diddy though, ask hat/thumbs

Vik

Smash Cadet
high level players rarely get hit with smash attacks, maybe once per match, so G&W killing early all the time is a myth. my main KO move with G&W is fair...not a smash attack. diddy racks up damage on G&W a lot better than G&W does on diddy, and they're both killing each other at roughly the same percent on average. people overestimate bucket brake. on avg, you live 10-15% more

edit: i wanna know your last name because you're such a good guy. thats all

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
wow an emergency tournament when i have work...

i almost said "i hate you Btree" but we both know i wudnt have ment it =D

edit: do u mean saturday or 2dai? if saturday then **** yeahhhhhhhh lets do it
the tourney is on saturday, so bring yourself! and bring everyone else.

LIKE YOUR BROTHER!!!!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Saturday at Hat's place? I'm game

Melee or Brawl?

Edit: vik I understand your point, Jose was so hard to hit with smash moves, I think my final kill move i hit him and his shield didn't block it for some reason.

Edit Again: I have off work friday. Who's game for smash?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
sweet too goodz

lol i haven't played brawl since sunday, i've played melee all week for the first time since like Feburary

this is too fun, i love ****** the CPU with combos

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Well on friday if we started with Melee and shifted to Brawl that would be sweet, since I wanna do well on sat at Brawl

But I've only ever played in 2 melee tourneys and didn't win a game so i need to learn that game a bit, its fun

also, Secret of Mana/Megaman X/X2/X3 old school lez goes

Top Bottom