• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

dieslow

Smash Ace
adam, i would have went but skytrain was closin in a bit. u wanna smash today? i get off at 5 and can play till skytrain closes (11ish)

madskillz313

Smash Cadet
hi guys i'm kinda new ...um.. is ther like just friendly sparring matches in vancouver ne where? like i m not tourney level yet so im just looking for sumone to play against and improve my skills . is there anyone here around vancouver????/

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
hi guys i'm kinda new ...um.. is ther like just friendly sparring matches in vancouver ne where? like i m not tourney level yet so im just looking for sumone to play against and improve my skills . is there anyone here around vancouver????/
Theres many people in Vancouver. What would help is if u told us what area in Vancouver you live like.. near Knight street, West Van, etc.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
.... One question.

WHEN can we have a Smash 'Til Dawn thing going on?

I wanna put my insomnia to good use.
You guys can do that in my place I guess, I have the whole bottom floor to myself lol. Just gotta keep quite. :( Maybe if my parents aren't home for a while... or paaaarty? :lick:

i m actually on 54th and knight and on april first be on 41rst and knight
John is the nearest.. 33rd and knight. And then Jeff up near his house.

madskillz313

Smash Cadet
well i am kinda worried i mean all this time ive being playing lv 9s and n00b Saskatchewan kids that dont no the difference between a smash and a shield so i m just wondering how good this guy is and wat i can do to counter

i m sorry if i seem a lil n00b but i am kinda nervous so...yeah sumthing like that...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
john is a noob dont worry about him. i beat him in a random best of 3 that had no purpose at 3 am after two nights of absolutely no sleep bowser vs peach, so wtf are we worrying about.

K

KSops

Hey guys. I'm not too sure about creating a 'hi I'm new HUR HUR HUR' post so I'll make it more than that ;)
It seems to me you guys all know each other rather well and all, hosting tourneys and get-togethers at houses. But what if we could make something bigger? Like renting out some larger venue for one day and smashing like mad? It could be a formal tourney or not, doesn't really matter. Just a suggestion.
Secretly, it's more because I live out in Langley xD and making some kinda solid event would definitely bring me out there and maybe others who are kinda scattered outside vancouver/burnaby/richmond.
Oh, and if anyone goes to SFU, please be aware that there is smash happening virtually every day on campus unless someone's using the GC for MonkeyBall Or Resident Evil4 xD

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
TEST...TESTICLITUS...yeah...i know everyone missed the massive amount of elipsis everywhere...with the exception of evan...so this post is just for you evan... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...im just jocking...its not for you...its to state the fact that smash must happen and very soon... that is all...TESTICLITUS OUT!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Lol at James.
Welcome back at Robbie.

Welcome new smashers! I think it best if you... more or less introduced yourself so we can, you know, call you by your name etc. It would be nice to know where y'all live, too, in case you wanna get some smash action.

John's the biggest noob in the world, he can't even Lcancel with Fox. He'll **** me though.

If you guys are just starting out, it would make sense to play with each other first if you're scared of getting beat up. God, we're not THAT good, pretty much only Tiep, Eric, Adam, Ryan, and Adam.

Search up the B.C. Canada Smash Power Rankings thread to see who's currently ranked well in BC.

With a whole bunch of new smashers, I think maybe it would be nice to make some sort of list in the first page? But I don't mean just their SWF name... maybe their city [if they choose to give this info out]?

Troy, since you started this thread, you are the one who can edit the first page. But I sure wouldn't mind helping you out in making a list.

note well: I am on spring break and I am often very free to play smash, and I'm also looking for some serious competition because I have an urge to get better. I like playing with Dieslow, but he lives in Surrey and it's scary. So yeah.

//EDIT!!
I've completed a spreadsheet outlining the SWF name, real name, city, ranking, and main characters of most of our smashers. I am missing some information, however, so I would like to know:

Delta Jon's "SWF name" and "main character"
KSOP's "real name" and "main character"
KyuuKyuu "real name"
madskillz313 "real name" and "main character"
thekoopabros. "real name"
stryk9 "real name" and "main character" I'm guessing you play falco?
Infern0x "real name" , "city", and "main character"

I have a total of 40 smashers, including gimpy, but i know that there are more. Troy, when you have time, I can send you the spreadsheet, and could you maybe edit the first page? that way if someone knows a player who isn't on the list, we can add it.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
I Just played a ton of smash to the point where my pointer finger has a blister on it from chain grabing aids fox to much, and my newly improved tech chasing grabing bull**** (I have gotten good at chasing afew chars ^^) i think someone should host a smashfest this week !!!! i would but my house is out of the way and not properly set up for it imo. but i could have a small one sometime if people dont mind coming all the way out to white rock

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. Too much spam usually >.>; Is that SFU tournament happening soon? I wanna come unless I have something else to do that weekend.

i m actually on 54th and knight and on april first be on 41rst and knight
Hm, that means you go to DT correct? Or in uni/college already? Well, if DT, too bad most of us graduated already =P Many of us went there.

Hey guys. I'm not too sure about creating a 'hi I'm new HUR HUR HUR' post so I'll make it more than that ;)
It seems to me you guys all know each other rather well and all, hosting tourneys and get-togethers at houses. But what if we could make something bigger? Like renting out some larger venue for one day and smashing like mad? It could be a formal tourney or not, doesn't really matter. Just a suggestion.
Secretly, it's more because I live out in Langley xD and making some kinda solid event would definitely bring me out there and maybe others who are kinda scattered outside vancouver/burnaby/richmond.
Oh, and if anyone goes to SFU, please be aware that there is smash happening virtually every day on campus unless someone's using the GC for MonkeyBall Or Resident Evil4 xD
I assume you're talking about SFU Surrey right? Who are you? I'm Rushan. The Black Young Link that isn't Drew.

madskillz313

Smash Cadet
well for a formal intro , my name is sam and i m in vancouver south side by dt . did go to dt for two weeks before i left and went to saskatchewan but now i m done with skool and if anyone heres of a place to smash on the weekends and they need ppls let me no cuz i always look for ppl to play so i can like improve and stuff

my main is falco and i second with luigi but i suck with him tho

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
well for a formal intro , my name is sam and i m in vancouver south side by dt . did go to dt for two weeks before i left and went to saskatchewan but now i m done with skool and if anyone heres of a place to smash on the weekends and they need ppls let me no cuz i always look for ppl to play so i can like improve and stuff

my main is falco and i second with luigi but i suck with him tho
Sam... did you go to Tecumseh? The chinese guy that can sing?

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I agree with everyone I am the biggest noob ever.
But then Manuel/firexemblemxpryde is a nooba because he farted in our best of 3/5 because he was getting destroyed and was to excited.

And I know! I mean who loses to Bowser, Gimpy?!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
i actually talked to john on msn like on saturaday and like i invited him over to smash on friday at daniels... i heard hes pretty good any advice against him? like certain things he wont see comming?
John has a solid understanding and application of the knowledge he so vigorously acquired in
his first 6 months or so of the game. He preforms pretty consistently and is a challenge for even the best of smashers. Just use a good character and play smart. (John correct me if I was inaccurate with any of this).

so like... just wondering out of curiuosity... you guys arent ALL at like pro are you?
What do you consider to be "pro"? I'd say Eric, Ryan, and John could be considered pro for sure. Probably Tiep and myself (assuming I've been keeping up with practice and such) as well. Manuel with more tourney exp I would consider pro as well I dunno, it's a fine line. We have a handful of GOOD players.

Hey dude. Welcome to the boards. One thing I should let you know. My brother and I have been hosting successful, well run, respectably high pot $$ tournies for about 3 years now. We are probably the most recognized tourney hosters in the lower mainland where u have the opportunity to play the BEST players in the area. I'm not counting out schools and companies organizing events, they just usually don't have a professional ruleset and aren't as known by the smash community. In a nutshell, probably gunna have to come out to Richmond most of the time to get PRO tourney experience.

I hope I wasn't giving my brother and I too high of a compliment. Please let me know if anyone disagrees or there's something I'm forgetting.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Adam, a.k.a noobking, is not at all a noob. He has the fiercest ganondorf in middle earth, aka Canada, where young viet smashers flourish with use of space animals.

He destroys innocent Marth bystanders, and eats young Falcos for breakfast. He participates in a daily exercise routine involving the use of a space animal, a down air, an upsmash, and a forward air.

Also, please read my previous post to help me fill in the gaps in the list. Any contributions would be appreciated. Thank you Sam, a falco/crappyluigi player from south van, for your information.

That will be all.

Top Bottom