• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B-Air THREAD

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 189823

Yes, I feel this deserves it's own thread.

I feel this move sounds pretty broken...on paper, anyway. Like, it's ridiculously powerful (it's basically Bowser's F-Smash...on the air), it's quick, it auto-cancels. Problems? I feel like it's just hard to land, as if it were always lacking in range. I also just can't seem to find the proper situation to land, which leads me to rarely killing with it. Like, they either recover too low (which makes me have to stage spike?), are too low on the ground and it just seems overall predictable to try to land on the ground (you either have to Fast Fall to hit low enough or something). The only times I manage to land a kill is if they're recovering up high or ledge jumping, but that's just too predictable, considering I have to have my back on them.

I have a lot better luck killing with most of his other moves, whether it be F-Tilt/D-Tilt, Side B (most common) and even U-Smash and Down B (breaks shields and you can mindgame opponents into it).

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
This really does not deserve its own thread, man. Haven't you been on Smashboards for a while? I remember you from the Brawl Bowser boards...you should know better than that. We have a Moveset Discussion thread, a Q&A thread where you could have asked if players found any uses for the move...hell, we have a Social thread you could have posted it in as well.

Anyway, aside from issues with hitting characters who are too short, BAir is fine. It beats out a good amount of projectiles, and auto cancels. I find that its priority is reasonably high as well. Its utility is most recognizable as an air-to-air, which is especially important for characters who engage in air-to-ground style shield pressure. It comes out two frames faster than FAir (9 vs 11), its damage and knock back are both way higher, of course as compensation for its range. It's rare for Bowser to be in an air-to-air situation at short-hop height, but it does happen, and is a way that kills can be secured if your opponent isn't actively adapting or has to get in with the pressure style I mentioned before.

Bowser will end up having his back to opponents fairly often anyway due to pivot grabbing and reading defensive options. Add on the new UTilt buff, and Bowser can actually spend a pretty long time with his back turned.

You can try and use it on characters that are recovering, but you have to keep in mind that if you end up with your back towards the stage as you are recovering, Bowser's up-b won't snap the ledge (since you played Bowser in Brawl, I'm sure you're aware of this). You should also be careful about over-extending yourself offstage, but if the opportunity presents itself (stage-spike), go ahead.

It's also good for hitting Sheik during her vulnerability frames during Vanish recovery. You can also get a BAir punish (unsure about the consistently on this) on bouncing fishes that hit your shield.

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Oz my man, it's good to see you around again!

Please do continue further discussion of any and all bair talk in the moveset thread. It's stickied for easy access. :)

Bair's a damn good move that is actively being labbed more and more. Discussion here would definitely be helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom