• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Haha, that's where I lived last year. I'm in West, 4th floor. A few of us in Jester/Dobie play Smash at least a few times a weekat my place--you should join us sometime.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What's everyone up to today? I'm free from 11 to 3:30 if anyone wants to get some friendlies in.

Yeahhhh, I can't sleep at all. XD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Chris, I'm coming over today, I have nothing to do from 9 - 1 (when my second class starts).

My schedule is kinda crazy this semester. Just text me and let me know how to get to your place.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Will do, Juan. Rich is gonna be coming over, too...but he said he quit Brawl. XD

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Anyone that lives on campus and wants to play, I have some free time most days when i'm on campus so just let me know what time and I'll see if i can make it. Like what Zigsta did.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Even though the UT hosted smash tournament was pretty lame in terms of rules and competition, the prize was worth it. I ended up leaving the place with a free shirt, 2 USB drives (each 1 GB), and a gold certificate. Oh and I got a bag filled with old spice body wash and deodorant.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
i left w/ a bruised ego D=
in case you were wondering on which team i sucked: it was Do a Barrel Roll
and i'm sure i was facing some people who actually knew what they were doing

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I was planning on going and just being as annoyingly planky with MK as possible unless I played someone who was actually good, haha. But I had a wing meeting dinner I decided to go to instead. :p

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, you're so gay, bored. Beating up on nooby Brawl players.

At least that prize is more useful than the old "pick from two ****ty Wii games" prize.

Also, next week I'll post my finalized schedule so the people on here will know when to hit me up (anyone with a setup is welcome to :p) for some Brawling between classes.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
i was playing the nooby ike that decided to fair everything in my path lol
i got punished like a catholic school boy

who was the one using Link and the James tag? I was rooting for that guy when he almost pulled out the upset in a doubles friendly

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
it was a doubles thing? that may have been interesting.

anyone down to play a bit today? i need something to relax myself a bit.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Arcade UFO is suppose to be having a 25 cents a play day this weekend sometime, anyone from here going?

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,
So since UT Smash Club appears to have died, I thought we should create a new smash club. We could run it similarly to the old one--smashfest every other saturday, ranking tourney at beginning of year, ranking challenges, etc.--but we could make it more organized and do some new things like frequent crew battles, doubles tourney, record matches, etc. I know a couple people that are interested in doing this but we definitely need more help. We need people that would be good at coordinating everything, that have a car and could transport setups, and that could provide setups. So, please tell me if you are interested in a new smash club and if you would like to help get it up and running.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
No, I believe the way the UT smash club was was stupid. If people from this community take it over, like we should, it will not be handled so poorly.

While i believe it should cater to noobs somewhat, I also believe we should cater to higher level as well.
Rankings are irrelevant and a mental handicap, things should be revolved around people getting better in a real way.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Never went to the UT Smash Club, so I have no idea how it was run. I just sent an email to the President my Freshman year and never got a response. XD

And I agree with my boy Blade. The competitive Smashers around here already get together on their own time and are looking to improve. If everyone here is down, count me in.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
if you want to gain more smashers, TEACH them, and are able to keep a consistent meeting time every weekend or other week, then that should be the reason you have the club.

but if you're just gonna have small smashfests like regular and aren't willing to be patient w/ "noobs" then the club is pointless

Also, this should be a good joint effort w/ Melee/N64 (if they exist lolerz) smashers as well, gotta make it a real Smash club

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I'll reserve my thoughts on the smash club for a later time. I'd support it, bring a setup and come when i could, if the right people were running it.

Anyway, we should get together sometime next week. I should be free Sunday if anyone is up to play. As far as the week goes, I'll wait to see when ya'll are playing on campus and try to make it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Not sure if I'll be able to do anything this weekend. I have a lotta reading to do already.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Yes, the club should definitely welcome all levels of smashers and the goal of the club would be to help everybody improve. And maybe you're right about rankings; instead, we could have a tourney every meeting, rotating between brawl singles, melee singles, brawl doubles, melee doubles, and start over. I also love the original smash; if enough people wish it, we should have an SSB64 setup and hold tourneys. I think input from the members was lacking in the old smash club so this club should get ideas and feedback from everybody. Because probably the best way to improve is to play a lot of different people, to be exposed to different playstyles and new techniques, this club could be of huge benefit to the Austin smash community. So, if you (yes YOU) feel strongly about this club and are willing to devote some time to it, please volunteer to be an officer or even president now!

The main qualification you would need to be an officer is to come to just about every meeting and bring a setup. Other than that, if you can transport setups and if you would like to help with some of the business of the club such as sending out emails, setting up a website, getting snacks, and helping run events like tourneys it would be greatly appreciated.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's very boring, that's what.

No offense to bored. :p
None taken...Tis what I be doing right now...too much reading for one day.

As far as this smash club goes, I wouldn't mind participating in it. Granted, I won't have much time on my hands most of the time since I plan to be busy with other groups, since they hold a higher priority for me. However, I wouldn't mind coming to meetings, spreading the word, teaching people how to play, and running fests/tournies. I just can't be put in a position of "leader" per say, since it would increase my work load and responsibility.

I think the Austin community is pretty crappy, which is surprising since we have the biggest school in Texas. It would be pretty cool to get some newcomers into the competitive scene.

Oh and count me out for bringing set ups. No car, no wii, no tv.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
the community is only what you make of it.

A very large number of people at this school play this game.
Some of which are actually decent.

People just dont care about being competitive with it really. And there is nothing wrong with that at all.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I only go to these smash meetings to stare at Charle's and Chad's sculpted bodies.

Also, I'll have time tomorrow from 9AM - 1PM, probably.

Top Bottom