• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Aura is within!

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
recently, i have seen the Do the Mario video on youtube of messed up mario combo's.... i have an idea similar to this, but not entirely the same... i propose a video that compiles Lucario's prowess, this is your chance to collectively show off your awesomeness with Lucario!
such as, for those of you who choose to participate in this vid, your name will come up on the screen, we will play the song of your choice, and show your combos during the song, or we could have a set soundtrack but still do section switches.. some feedback on this part would be appreciated. The title of this thread is a beta title of the video, possibly the permanent title. anywho enough about that said.. onto the details/deadlines...

what the video is: Lucario's comboability, survivability, and the power of aura

what the aim on this video is: to extend that Lucario is not just a pokeman, and that "I wish people would look beyond the "LULZ POKEMAHN" and give Lucario a try. He's one hell of a character." -Tallen, quoted for truth

requirements for videos: awesome ATs or "Lulz pwnt" kind of things
where to submit them to: zach-walsh@hotmail.com OR Daichi07@aim.com
same for music. 3890-0704-4138-1505 daichi's wii number. mine(G-Beast) is 8578-3354-0886-9297

Deadline: NONE AF OF YET, myself and collegues will set a deadline when we have a good number of videos.. i will edit this post when we have come up with one

what are you waiting for? i know there are ownage Lucario players here on SWF, post in here and send me your vids/replays!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
A tad bit off topic.
Daichi, your location deserves my gold star of the day award.
great stuff

@G-Beast
So what your asking is, to send a Video of us showing our moves, and sending it to you with music. And the point is? (im not trying to be mean or anything)
Secondly, if so, can you take .bin files into .mov if we where to record it on the wii and send it to you?
-t2

*edit
@Tyrael64
If you have a SD card, you can put any recorded video from the wii into it, then put it on your computer. But its a .bin file so you wont be able to view it. You have to change it from a .bin to a .mov or something.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
add someones FC and wii number and you can send them, i will post my wii number here
8678-3354-0886-9297
i will need yours as well, i forgot about that in the post >.<
well the point of this is in my original post, to remove doubts of Lucario's ability from people who doubt him because he is a pokemon

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
as soon as I get to i'll send you some of my vids, though they are most against CP (against friends my matches NEVER last less than 3 mins...) though I have some nice DT manouvers...

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
go ahead tallen, if they are awesome, send them to me or daichi
ill say something a little clearer that i shuda included.... these vids should be of raw matches that include good combos. if it means usign a camera, then thats okay, replays or camera videos are fine. CPU's are generally unwanted

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Man, I really really really wish i was recording that tournament.
I had a demon lucario that was amazing one match. (gave 91%, no miss hits in like 10 seconds, amazing)
And you don't care about camera screen recording. Sweet. I'll send some in as soon as I get them.
-t2

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Too bad I couldn't record all of my Lucario versus Marth matches yesterday: I ran out of space on my SD card for my camera and couldn't get the plastic off the other card. Dunno when I'll be able to match people in person again also. v_v

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
well were not setting a deadline untill we get a decent amount of vids, so take the time you need.. i can see this pursuing into july, just for an idea... but we will see never the less

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I have a ton of matches but they're saved as .mpeg
I have been meaning to make a combo video with them but windows movie maker and even adobe premiere can't actually read them properly. Is there a free program that can convert mpeg to avi? =S

Baky

Smash Journeyman
I have a ton of matches but they're saved as .mpeg
I have been meaning to make a combo video with them but windows movie maker and even adobe premiere can't actually read them properly. Is there a free program that can convert mpeg to avi? =S
Do it the stupid way and change the file extension

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Do it the stupid way and change the file extension
You can't just change the file extension, you need something to decode the codec then re-encode it into the new extension. If I renamed it, it would still be a .mpeg filetype, but programs would try to read it as a .avi and wouldn't be able to read anything =S

Nodrak

Smash Ace
It does, I get the message the second I try to use it =S I'll try it again though.

Edit: I tried again, still get the message.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
You can't just change the file extension, you need something to decode the codec then re-encode it into the new extension. If I renamed it, it would still be a .mpeg filetype, but programs would try to read it as a .avi and wouldn't be able to read anything =S
hence it being the stupid way <.<

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to participate in this but I lack and SD card, camera or capture card and currently my wi-fi isn't working (working on fixing it now). The only way I could be in this (after the wi-fi problem gets taken care of) is if I play someone who can record my matches for me.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
I'd love to participate in this but I lack and SD card, camera or capture card and currently my wi-fi isn't working (working on fixing it now). The only way I could be in this (after the wi-fi problem gets taken care of) is if I play someone who can record my matches for me.

well hopefully you get your wifi working... if you do, send your vids to me via email or through wii mail

keep the debating on whether or not you can/cant copy replays onto a computer to a minimum please :)
dont mind some, just not too much

Nodrak

Smash Ace
You can not transfer a replay from your Wii to your computer. Well you can, but the replay is movement and attack data, not an actual recording of images. You'd need a capture card, external tuner or camera. Do a google search for the Adaptec Gamebridge, $30, external, small and good quality for it's price.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
If your DVD player has a VCR. Buy a blank tape, (3.99) and hit record during a match.
How you get fomr VR to data is another story
-t2

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
This sounds like a pretty cool idea. I have a tourny here this weekend, I will ask to have my matches recorded since they can do that there.

Would you also like some team footage? I ask this because me and my partner are both playing Lucario.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
sounds good to me, anything Lucario ^^
another option with replays is playing them on your wii and recording them with a camera.. just be VERY clear on who is playing if you decide to do this.. it is an alternative

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
It's times like these I wish I had a human opponent...

HMM I'm visiting a friend next week! He plays decently...I'll see if I can get a replay or two!

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
I ordered a video capturer that should be here semi soon (Standard mail to Hawaii sucks!) but once it's here I have quite a few saved replays and more or less daily games that I'll be able to contribute.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
@NESSBOUNDER
thats great, remember combos are key! particuarly ones that are awesome

@Kasai
excellent, just send them to myself and/or Daichi and we will make good use of what we can

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
So I have about 80 videos recorded of me and one of my buddies. I'm gonna get a lot of them on YouTube soon, if I can.

Is it possible for you to use the YouTube versions, or would I have to send you the files on my computer? Also, would I edit the videos to the good "combo-y" parts, or would you do that?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Zamzar.com
It can convert youtube videos into any other type of file.
not just youtube videos, but any kind really.
Just go to the website, and if you want to convert youtube vids, click the middle tab. Follow the 3 steps.
Then they send the file to your email.
-t2

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Again. Zamzar.
Its not made to convert youtube files, its just something it can do. (and a suggestion)
It will convert most files into another file type. Theres tons to chose from.
(I get my videos into my PSP this way .mov to .mp4)
-t2

Timbers

check me out
Again. Zamzar.
Its not made to convert youtube files, its just something it can do. (and a suggestion)
It will convert most files into another file type. Theres tons to chose from.
(I get my videos into my PSP this way .mov to .mp4)
-t2
Changing a video's format does not restore quality

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im not saying anything about restoring quality. Nor was I suggesting to but it on youtube first. I was suggesting to put it on zamzar, have it emailed to you, then give it to G-beast.

But If someone has a video that is the wrong format, send it to zamzar.
if its already on youtube, or if its not on youtube. It doesn't mater.
And If its not on youtube, don't put it on youtube. Just send it to G-beast.
-t2

Top Bottom