• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Atyeo Ruleset - a new alternate ruleset for brawl?

bleyva

Smash Ace
I don't see any glaring problem with this ruleset; what bothers me is that you made a new ruleset to begin with. There may be some advantages to this ruleset over Crow's, but now Crow's might have some competition before it even has a chance to get popular. It might not be so bad with 2 different rulesets out there, but this will likely encourage other rulesets that may all be good, but will never be as successful as they could be because of all the others. I think it'd be best to stick with one alternate ruleset and then reconstruct it as we test it rather than have a split similar to brawl+/brawl-/balanced brawl (and soon project M).
the "split" between the modified versions of brawl really isnt much of an issue, as each game has a different goal in catering to a specific audience.....unlike here, where the alternate rulesets of crow and atyeo are really reaching for the same goal/group of brawlers.

oh ok, sorry for being creative and trying to provide valid and good alternatives to things.
i dont think he meant it as an attack or criticism, just that its rather unfortunate timing.

while we're at it, why dont we kill off all the other races of people except for one, so that race can become a super race, otherwise there might be too much competition and people will never evolve.
.....hmmm....how bout that......

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah its cool I understand what he was getting at, he just worded it really poorly and I couldnt help myself, besides that the timing may be unfortunate but A. that shouldnt matter and B. I'd be trying out different ideas and then along came this tier wars thing that inspired me to make my own, if anything crow should be happy because he's opened the door for people to start brainstorming and putting out new ideas to come up with something good, and anyone who says that new ideas are bad or ill timed even, doesnt know anything about how the world works.

Throwback

Smash Lord
ok so we tried this format at a house tourney on the weekend. Luke do you think the fact that the tourney took so long was because of this ruleset, or because you didn't split the tourney into pools?

KingJacob

Smash Apprentice
What do you suggest doing about Pokemon Trainer and Zero Suit Samus? Does pokemon trainer really get to choose his pokemon each time a new match starts? Also if not what should be done about last minute switches and fatigue? Then with Zero Suit, does she get her amour every time she comes out? As it is, it seems like Snake, ZSS, and PT would be the new Meta-knight like team.

StarLight

Smash Apprentice
Ah, question: Since Bowser/Ness are considered upper low/lower mid, are they 2 or 1 points?

Top Bottom