• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the art of chib-SAMUS

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Great work. Very creative, and quite good proportionately. The Smash one looks good too. I like how clean it looks and the cartoon style you used looks quite nice.

Ami

Smash Ace
Excellent, excellent style, I love it a lot.

I especially like your "work in progress", the motion is very nice.

The proportions are well done, and I love how you draw DK. I hope to see more.

Awesome.

Samochan

Smash Master
Zomg! That's really, really good artwork you have there. O_O I love your style very much, it's unique and stylish. I especially love the last image, very good sense of depth and great lineart and concept. I would have hoped to see the last image more "perspective'ish", so that DK would have looked even more intimidating. But I still love that drawing very much, good details and clean, smooth lineart. I also like your other drawings and the first one has great coloring. Giga Bowser vs IC's is funny. :D Draw more please. ^_^

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
awesome drawings! but i dont liek dk's teeth.....they look more liek diamonds with the lines to em...u shoudl take the liens off and give them natural rabid monkey teeth :)
(my fav is the mario/peach/.dk fight)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You made my day. I am a huge Mario fan and I love Mario vs DK. The second I regain the ability to, I'll +rep you. Mine are worth 4 pts. so you can expect to see that in the future.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Scan em or take a photo.

Great new pics. Very creative renditions of the characters, and once again, the poses you draw look very natural, and clean. Great work.

chib-SAMUS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spamus
you're right, i wanted to look rough. thanks for the pointer there :D

chib-SAMUS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spamus
Scan em or take a photo.

Great new pics. Very creative renditions of the characters, and once again, the poses you draw look very natural, and clean. Great work.
i scaned them in my High School

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Awesome stuff, nice clean lines and inks. I dunno about the colours though. Show more!

chib-SAMUS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spamus
here's the inked pic of Samus

and the final colors

(plz pay no attention to the line across her name, i did this in school and the version of PhotoShop was old!!! hope you'll still like it XP)

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
here's the inked pic of Samus

and the final colors

(plz pay no attention to the line across her name, i did this in school and the version of PhotoShop was old!!! hope you'll still like it XP)
you should think about pursuing your drawing talent as maybe a job, a side-job to make a little extra money, instead of just a hobby.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, gorgeous lineart :3 Very clean and proffessional <3 Love the pose for Samus, very dynamic n_n

I quite like your colours ^^ They suit your lines well, good stuff!

mkmelee

Smash Lord
The lineart is definitely excellent. I can't point out any errors there, but the colouring looks a bit... dull. Probably because the face doesn't stand out very much, and the hair looks a bit muddy, but the colours are still well done. The only other thing I would have to mention is that the shading and lighting effects you used, make some areas like the butt, have weird looking forms.

chib-SAMUS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spamus
The lineart is definitely excellent. I can't point out any errors there, but the colouring looks a bit... dull. Probably because the face doesn't stand out very much, and the hair looks a bit muddy, but the colours are still well done. The only other thing I would have to mention is that the shading and lighting effects you used, make some areas like the butt, have weird looking forms.
i know, i'm woking on my PhotoShop skills, that i really need help with (to be honest, i kinda didn't like how the colors came out and i wish i could of do more with the hair) ^^;. thanks for your critique.

Aqueronte

Smash Rookie
You have mad skills and can really draw keep it up.
The only thing I find a bit "weird" of the last drawing is one of the legs, and try to vary a bit more the line, parts that are a bit "closer" could have a thicker line. while if it's farther could be thiner.
Composition is really good.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Some tips for colouring:

When you are colouring, NEVER just use lighter and darker versions of the base colour for shadows and highlights. It makes things look incredibly boring and dull, and it's not how things work in the real world. Pick colours for the shadows and highlights, usually on opposite ends of the colour wheel, and use them over the whole image, to simulate different coloured lightsources and backgrounds.

Secondly, try using the hard edged brush. The soft one when used by beginners often gives this badly airbrushed look. The hard edged brush will give more of an illusion of paint strokes.

Also, avoid doing little half-hearted effects in the backgrounds of your images. They distract from the actual drawing, and make the whole thing seem tacky. If you are not going to put any proper hand drawn background in, you are probably better off leaving it blank. Just a solid colour or white.

T-major

Smash Champion
holy friggin' snap! your art is amazing! you wouldn't happen to have a deviantArt account would you? I would love to see more of your work. your style is very interesting, and well composed. keep up the good work.

chib-SAMUS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spamus
ah crap! double post ><;
sorry i haven't been posting anything new lately but here's something

my current psp cover

Top Bottom