• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Arena Preview: A Mexico City Clash feat. MKLeo, Hyuga, Eddy Mexico, and more!

16903169_424592444558337_1104529735427646702_o.jpg

Mexico starts its April off strong with The Arena 2017, a 2-day event going through April 8 and 9 in Mexico City, the country's capital. Hydra Pro Gaming is doubling down on its efforts to provide an ideal competitive experience for the Mexican community, offering tournaments for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Melee in both singles and doubles formats.

Players from all over the country will reunite in the capital to compete in the third big tournament of the year, per the region's event calendar. Most of the top talent from Mexico's states will be attending, with Wii U players such as Regi –a Game & Watch main who needs no introduction–, 72K –best player from the Gulf region–, Waymas –the Wario from the south–, Womf, Pollo, and plenty other familiar faces like Hyuga, Javi, Serge and the tournament's special guest: Leonardo "MKLeo" Lopez of Echo Fox fame. One other group of players to watch out for are the visitors from Colombia: APC, Anderson, Clokke, Silver and Tanuki, coming all the way from South America to represent and make this a real Latin American clash.

On the Melee side of things, players like Pinillos (#1 in Veracruz), Herran (#1 in Puebla) and Lengüitas, #1 in Celaya and champion of The Arena's first edition, will be making an appearance, together with all of the Mexico City scene, including Kris, #1 in the city's PR, Dash, MCMike, WeX and others. Bedgar, runner up to last year's Melee singles event, is looking to claim the title this time around, but he will have to face the rising new talent of the scene, the previous champion, as well as special guests Eduardo "Eddy Mexico" Lucatero –the Luigi main–, Humberto ".jpg" Durón from the north and Roberto "Esponja" Realpozo from the south, also the first Mexican Melee player sponsored by a team this year.

Together with this wide roster of players in attendance, the event will offer other quality services thanks to the presence of Cream Controllers, providing controller repairs and modding, and a high quality stream by Smash Studios, covering the event in both Spanish and English for the online audience. Alongside both Smash titles, The Arena will also host tournaments for fighting games like Street Fighter V, King of Fighters XIV and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, the latter of which will count towards the game's Curleh Circuit.

As competition grows tougher and bigger events continue to arise in the country, this tournament will be a great showcase for all those interested in knowing more about the Mexico scene and it's talents while the country revs up for Smash Factor Toluca, the spring national. Be sure to check out The Arena, April 8 and 9, online via Hydra Pro Gaming and Lugia Corp for all Wii U action, Smash ITAM and SHFFL MX for Melee, and catch top 8 finals through Smash Studios.

Last edited:

Comments

Last edited:
dont tell that to me, tell that to hyuga!

ps i got warned for trolling for that post and i feel like its unwarranted. hyuga actually DID molest vikkikitty and to silence me is to silence sexual assault toward women, and that's a bad branding move on the part of smashboards.

...now THAT'S worth the troll warning!

dont tell that to me, tell that to hyuga!

ps i got warned for trolling for that post and i feel like its unwarranted. hyuga actually DID molest vikkikitty and to silence me is to silence sexual assault toward women, and that's a bad branding move on the part of smashboards.

...now THAT'S worth the troll warning!
... ... ... ... Are you saying that warning was uncalled for? Because I don't understand what the problem is here.

Anyways, cheer for Hyuga! I'm definitely going to be learning from his Toon Link this year.

... ... ... ... Are you saying that warning was uncalled for? Because I don't understand what the problem is here.

Anyways, cheer for Hyuga! I'm definitely going to be learning from his Toon Link this year.
of course it was uncalled for. there was no troll in the referenced post.

ill be learning from hyugas actions toward women last year (how not to get with girls), but im not cheering for him.

Top Bottom