• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anti-Anti ROB Support Haven. Come if you love ROB.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I used to hate the guy, but after seeing him in action, I think R.O.B's got some potential.
And besides, my most wanted characters are already making appearances, so I'm satisfied.

I mean, who wouldn't want to kick some *** with an NES accessory? :)

R.O.B. might make it as my secondary.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
I'm thankful for R.O.B.'s Inclusion. Other than Sukapon he seems like the best new retro rep.

Brawler Lime

Smash Cadet
I think ROB was a stupid addition. Anyone who mains him will more than likely be sure to get owned. Another part of this whole roster bit that really pi$$es me off is the fact that dumb characters like this make the game, but not someone as great or iconic as Mega Man. WTF sakurai you dumba$$?!? And yeah I know I probably just peeved a bunch of you off for saying that about ROB and "the great sakurai", but seriously people c'mon. Do you honestly think ROB deserves to be in there more than Mega Man?
Nintendo just cant add megaman in. Obviously, you are a n00b, as you have no idea about how hard it is for nintendo to get third party characters. I dont know if they tried to get megaman, but the people who own megaman have stated they would say no, because megeman has his own fighting game on the wii coming out.
So shut up

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anti-ROB people are just scared they are going to get their ***** beat

Also, they probably never heard of the NES before...

GYROMITE FTW!!!

LuisMa316

Smash Cadet
I'm definately maining ROB. Based on one YouTube video I can see that he's extremely unique, has a very imaginative moveset and will likely be fun to play as.

My only greivances with the roster are Lucario replacing Mewtwo, Ike and Lucas getting in despite their Japan-only releases, and to a lesser extent, Sonic and Snake (just because they're not Nintendo). The other 30 characters are great, especially my new favourite Robotic Operating Buddy!

I leave you with one final message - Number Five is ALIVE! (If you haven't seen Short Circuit, then you can't appreciate ROB ;) )

Um,Ike's games did come out in the US.

And yay Johnny five. :)

But yeah i'm so gonna fight with ROB.

Yaifrog

Smash Rookie
Really? Well, that changes things! Lucas is still proof of Japanese favouritism, though :mad:

Anyway, what type of character (based on the videos) would you classify ROB as? Heavyweight, speedy, light?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really? Well, that changes things! Lucas is still proof of Japanese favouritism, though :mad:

Anyway, what type of character (based on the videos) would you classify ROB as? Heavyweight, speedy, light?
He's more like a projectile spammer,

He's ~mid weight and ~mid power but his attack are really good from what I saw

MasterScrub

M O N A D O B O Y S
NNID
MasterScrub
I love R.O.B. myself. I wanted him to be playable since day one, and now he is! Am I gonna main him? Maybe, maybe not. I still don't se why there's so much R.O.B. hate though. It's like... winning the lottery, in a sense. Some other guy won it, so its his fault, and you hate him now. R.O.B. is in there for old-school gamers to remember. I'm not THAT old school however. I've only been around since the days of the SNES, but I can at least appreciate the little guy.

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
Hey i'll admit it, when I first saw him I was going "wtf? Who is this guy? Don't say it..." but I saw him fight and I gotta say, that little guy shocked me, I like ROB now!

Pray he is NOT in garbage tier so he won't get laughed at >_>

test-object

Smash Cadet
ROB is a great character. I think we all wanted him in there, but Ridley fans were so dissapointed, they released their anger on poor ROB.

"How does anybody dare to make fun of ROB, after all he's been through?! HE LOVES his kids, he went through a divorce!! All you people care about is READERS and making MONEY OF HER!! LEAVE ROB ALONE!!! :("

T-major

Smash Champion
I'll admit. I hated the fact that R.O.B. was in Brawl; but after I saw a video of him, I found that he was very unique, and awesome. I'm surprised they made him work as well as they did.

I think all the hate stems from him being, for the most part, a random character to add; while the majority of the most wanted characters were left out. it's more confusion that ROB got in, but so-and-so didn't.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Few people remember, but I was a HUGE supporter of ROB before his "deconfirmation". He was on my prediction list and everything. Then I wept bitter tears of anguish when it appeared he was a non-playable subspace emisary enemy. When he was confirmed playable, I was estatic beyond words. My message to the haters: get over yourselves.

@Psyco: That video changed my life.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Few people remember, but I was a HUGE supporter of ROB before his "deconfirmation". He was on my prediction list and everything. Then I wept bitter tears of anguish when it appeared he was a non-playable subspace emisary enemy. When he was confirmed playable, I was estatic beyond words. My message to the haters: get over yourselves.

@Psyco: That video changed my life.
i remember that, too bad you caved in and changed your mind. That reminds me you should update your thread with the finl list.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I thought he would have those Robot Legs from Mario Kart DS, but I like him just the way he is. His FS is a great combo to.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
It seems like most people only "love" ROB, due to to the initial amount of hatred for him. Well congratulations, your just oh so special for maining him.

Rob= God ^.^
This has got to be the worst post I've ever seen.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It seems like most people only "love" ROB, due to to the initial amount of hatred for him. Well congratulations, your just oh so special for maining him.
Shut up, ***got, ROB is awesome.

I can go out and say ROB > Any Nintendo character possible, really.

If you have to ask why, then don't play Brawl because the lack of knowledge of such Nintendo history would be pathetic, and to touch such a masterpiece for some **** who doesn't deserve it would be shameful and disgusting.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Wow you are such a horribly stupid troll...

Don't ****ing play him if you don't like him

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I think R.O.B is great i\'ve seen a few videos of him and i got to say i really like him i\'m looking forward to using him.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Wow you are such a horribly stupid troll...

Don't ****ing play him if you don't like him
Don't ****ing play Smash if you don't like him, seriously.

Without ROB, Nintendo probably wouldn't be big and vast enough to make an epic concept as Smash Bros. in the first place.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Don't ****ing play Smash if you don't like him, seriously.

Without ROB, Nintendo probably wouldn't be big and vast enough to make an epic concept as Smash Bros. in the first place.
mmmm i dunno about that, but yes he was a big part of nintendo's marketing plan. I see him playing sorta like g&w. Like totally different from any other characters, and unable to be compared to anyone else, plus they are both retro.

True Fool

Smash Ace

... ... ...The Metroid characters is proof of Japanese favorism. Ness fans can appreciate Lucas, FE fans can appreciate Marth. You know why there's no hunters or Dark Samus for Metroid fans to appreciate? JAPAN HATES METROID PRIME. Which means that Ridley was the last option, and the developers saw him better as a boss than a PC.

Nintendo is a Japanese company, don't get bent out of shape about Japan-only characters.

And by the way, R.O.B. seems mid-heavy to me. Attacks look mid-speed, maybe a little slow, and strongish.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
mmmm i dunno about that, but yes he was a big part of nintendo's marketing plan.
And he basically made the Nintendo the huge hit it was in the US.

Without that popularity in the US, tons of series that the Japanese produce will not exist (a LOT of Nintendo series are made in the interest of Western popularity, like the second Legend of Zelda game for example). Nintendo would still exist, but it wouldn't be very big in the US while it's just some huge Japanese company. Nowadays, because of ROB, Nintendo is a household name in both the US, Japan, and even in Europe where the popularity spread there afterward. So yes, in a sense, without ROB, Nintendo probably wouldn't even have a vast popularity enough to create a game like Super Smash Bros.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have been a R.O.B. fan since at least Melee...I have a roster with him on it dating 6 years...

Sadly, I was hoping Prof. Hector would be involved in some way

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

sigh.. some people are clueless.

Have you even SEEN him fight? ROB DOES = God. No joke.

Anyway, you also dont understand that some people appreciate him for being a big part of Nintendo's history. For this sir, I excuse you. Love ROB truly, or die!:mad::mad::urg:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
2 Things

1) Is R.O.B.'s theme in the game?

2) What's his victory music?

Top Bottom