• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anti-Anti ROB Support Haven. Come if you love ROB.

maian

Smash Apprentice
Are you sick of every single member imaginable whining and complaining about ROB? Were you intrigued by his first appearance? Are you one of the decent people who can still overwhelmingly appreciate a new character, no matter who it is like the old Dojo days? This thread is for you, for us.

Honestly, I think he's a great addition. He's a quirky little thing, and I can't wait to see what things come out of him. While others may be crying their eyes out that they don't see a giant purple dragon onscreen, I'm going to be chuckling to myself that, among all these Nintendo characters, I'm a funky little robot who can do all kinds of things.

I haven't seen many videos, but I can say I like him. Sure, he may suck, who knows? But I imagine, just as every other character, Sakurai is doing the best of ability to balance him out as all the others. I haven't seen a lot of his actual attacks, but from what I've seen, I like. Honestly, if people can just remove their blind scathing hate for ROB because it's "his fault" that Genoridleykrystalsoraroy isn't in the game, I don't think they'd be too angry about ROB. I've accepted the 35 roster, and don't have much against it. I think ROB is a nice, unexpected cherry on top of the cake that is Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Appreciate. I probably won't be maining the guy, but poor ROB. I say we take this thread to support the poor guy, because there are actually people that like him!

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Sure, he was unexpected.

Sure, other characters that were wanted in have been debunked.

I think he's a great addition and give them a chance to make a unique fighter (Like they did with Olimar, PT) and can't wait to see him in action.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
R.O.B. is awesome. I'm glad Sakurai put a character like him in, it'll mix things up a bit.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Notice how all the characters that will be unique have been hated?

Poor, poor Olimar, and not R.O.B.

If pokemon wasn't such a big franchise people would complain about Pokemon Trainer too.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Well, I was never a fan of Pikmin, which is why I don't think I'll play Olimar, but then, I haven't even played it so it is kind of early for me to make a choice so soon. I just know he won't be on my top of the choices list.

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
I think ROB's a great addition. People were just going crazy since there was a poll that one time ago and they thought all sorts of characters would be in brawl.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but ROB is a horrible character, and a ill guided attempt at representing Nintendo's past. Because it's not like Smash Bros. is about Nintendo's history. Or like Mr. Game & Watch was old or anything.

Seriously speaking though, ROB was a character I genuinely wanted since day one... I just kinda started putting other characters ahead of him, until I kind of stopped considering him for playable status. It didn't help that you have the enemy drone versions of him in SSE. And, eh, the 35-roster thing seemed a bit dodgy at the time due to lack of proof and Zelda getting more reps than Mario. (Which still really bugs me, but that's neither here nor there.)

NOBODY would've complained about him had he been revealed from when Brawl was first announced, yet when people began trying to push their own favorites more and more forward, if somebody was just a tiny bit off from the majority's expectations, BAM, instant hate and disdain for said character. I'm surprised that ROB seems to be the only character who falls into this category for most people, with Lucario, Toon Link and the rest of the confirmed newcomers being huge hits. That's a HUGE improvement from Melee, especially when only one of those characters is a clone, a couple a 'Luigi-fied' (for obvious reasons, as there's not much to differentiate them; Ness/ Lucas, Fox/ Falco) and the rest are unique. People just got greedy, and ROB had to take the heat.

It's Mr. G&W all over again. Hell, just like now, despite being 10 at the time I KNEW who and what Game & Watch represented when I first found out about him being in Melee, and loved his inclusion. People will get over ROB soon enough.

Radzilla

Smash Rookie
Until they do, I will be sure to take every chance to play him over the WFC.

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
It is a little depressing to hear many people complain about R.O.B., but whatever.

I've been wanting R.O.B. in since we only had one video. I was really dissapointed when I saw he was a SSE enemy, but I'm happy now that he has been confirmed. I think he'll be a original and fun. As for the roster, there's more characters I would like but Pikmin & Olimar and R.O.B. are good enough for me.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
My absolute favorite complaint is "ROB stole ****** spot on the roster." Its like people honestly believe Sakurai got up one day and said "You know what, I know that everyone seems to want ****** in the game, so Im gonna screw them over by taking them out and putting ROB in." The fact is that ROB stole no spot, if Sakurai wanted to put other characters in, he very well could have. If your absolute favorite character that you just KNOW will get in if you complain loud enough didn't get it, they probably never had a chance to begin with.

On a side note, I'd be willing to bet ROB is top tier just cus Sakurai wanted to shove it into all those BAWWWWWWWER'S faces.

I love you ROB

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
If you don't like ROB leave the ROB section alone. No one cares about your opinion. Feel free to express it some where else but it is unnecessary.

Okysho

Smash Ace
He just seems... out of place to me, just because of his character design... I mean... limited arm movement, no legs... that's what seperates him from Game and Watch. I actually accepted game and watch with open arms, but R.O.B. really seems out of place to me... I'll still try to tolerate him though... He did kinda look sad in Marth's SSE intro video when "he set up us the bomb." (Yes... I did an All Your Base referance)

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but ROB is a horrible character, and a ill guided attempt at representing Nintendo's past. Because it's not like Smash Bros. is about Nintendo's history. Or like Mr. Game & Watch was old or anything.
People don't want some "trip down memory lane" dust covered scrub of a character, they want the best characters who deserve to be in Brawl the most.

Smash shouldn't be about Nintendos history, only fanboys care about that sort of crap, it should be about the most iconic chars duking it out.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I supported him back in '06, saying he'll be the ultimate WTF character and I was certain he was in. I recieved some flack when R.O.B. enemies were sighted, and I was sad he didn't make it in.

But WHO'S laughing now?

I'm gonna main him just to piss people off. Better a unique character like R.O.B. than TWO ****ing Fox clones in Falco and Wolf.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I will enjoy both playing as, and destroying, R.O.B. I actually liked using him in MKDS (him and Dry Bones). I can't wait to see how he plays when handled by someone competent. (Not the computer...and I'm staying away from SSE stuff ok?)

A question I have...how quickly will an R.O.B. spoof of "Still Alive" make it to the Internet?

True Fool

Smash Ace
I supported him back in '06, saying he'll be the ultimate WTF character and I was certain he was in. I recieved some flack when R.O.B. enemies were sighted, and I was sad he didn't make it in.

But WHO'S laughing now?

I'm gonna main him just to piss people off. Better a unique character like R.O.B. than TWO ****ing Fox clones in Falco and Wolf.
Stop right there! They are not clones. They are a little similar, but not clones. Look up the videos that have them in it. They all share the LandMaster I guess :(

On the subject though. I was all for R.O.B. before he was shown as an SSE enemy. Afterwards I just though "Oh well, some other odd character will get in instead." And after the leaked roster I thought R.O.B. would be a terrible character. And now that it's confirmed I think he makes a pretty cool character.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Fickle

I used to be one of R.O.B.'s biggest opponents, but now I'm really looking forward to playing R.O.B. I loved playing as him in MKDS, and I truly hope he isn't this game's Game & Watch (leave that title to Game & Watch). Who knows? He might even end up as my main.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The guy who said only fanboys enjoy stuff that was part of Nintendo's histroy..well...duh... This game is built off of Nintendo's history...

All of you R.O.B. haters need to stfu. If this contines, I might just have to drop Olimar and Lucario and Wolf (Not in a million ****ing years) and main R.O.B and murder you all with the robot you hate so much on Wifi.

I seriously dont see where all the hate stems from. The roster is perfect. Except I do miss K. Rool, but I can understand his lack of entry.

People that wanted Sora over ROB, Sora never had a ghost of a chance honestly, and if a 3rd third party had been added, it would have been Geno, Bomberman, or Megaman long before Sora...

ROB didnt take anyone's spot. He commands his own respect, as he is an original character, an amazing wtf character with what is likely to be an amazing moveset that bleeds awesomeness (with oil, not blood)

ROB just made it to my list of mains. See you on Wifi haters

:007: Squirtle does not approve of your hatred of robots.

J18

Smash Journeyman
so it's not the rob from starfox...well
at the least we can say he'll be a very interesting character...

the master of legends

Smash Cadet
I think ROB was a stupid addition. Anyone who mains him will more than likely be sure to get owned. Another part of this whole roster bit that really pi$$es me off is the fact that dumb characters like this make the game, but not someone as great or iconic as Mega Man. WTF sakurai you dumba$$?!? And yeah I know I probably just peeved a bunch of you off for saying that about ROB and "the great sakurai", but seriously people c'mon. Do you honestly think ROB deserves to be in there more than Mega Man?

freetyme

Smash Cadet
ROB is awesome! At first I was disappointed with the roster but then I started watching youtube videos. At first glance people's like Ganondorf's moves seemed similar but then I realized the changes in the Up+B from Capt. Falcon's. Wolf's physical attacks are different, and he puts a spin on all shared B moves. So all "clones" have effectively been toned down to know more than Luigi level of cloneage (or so it seems). Anyway the point is why are the people complaining about ROB also complaining about "Clones returning"? ROB has one of the most original move sets!

(Note: This information gathered by an amatuer eye watching a lot of youtube videos)

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I was more 'ugh' about Wolf than ROB. ROB is obviously unique. I can only hope they've changed the Fox characters enough to merit there being three of them.
If Krystal had gotten in instead of Wolf, I'd know that she'd be unique and I'd approve of the roster fully.
Ridley just can't happen because Ridley is too bad*** and we want a balanced game. So he'd end up miniaturized and nerfed and Ridley supporters would be disappointed anyway. People thinking ROB should have gotten the boot instead of Falco or Wolf though... that's what surprises me.
But I'm happy. So happy.

The roster looks fantastic. I can only hope that all potential clones are far removed from their counterparts. "Luigified" as we say.

:)

I'm really looking forward to seeing this robot in more action.

S2

Smash Lord
ROB basically wins the retro character award.

The fact that he'd grace us with his majestic presence makes this game a winner. I've supported ROB since day one, and my real toy ROB could cry... he'd cry tears of joy that he's in the greatest series ever.

Yaifrog

Smash Rookie
I'm definately maining ROB. Based on one YouTube video I can see that he's extremely unique, has a very imaginative moveset and will likely be fun to play as.

My only greivances with the roster are Lucario replacing Mewtwo, Ike and Lucas getting in despite their Japan-only releases, and to a lesser extent, Sonic and Snake (just because they're not Nintendo). The other 30 characters are great, especially my new favourite Robotic Operating Buddy!

I leave you with one final message - Number Five is ALIVE! (If you haven't seen Short Circuit, then you can't appreciate ROB ;) )

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think he's a great addition. He's a quirky little thing, and I can't wait to see what things come out of him. While others may be crying their eyes out that they don't see a giant purple dragon onscreen, I'm going to be chuckling to myself that, among all these Nintendo characters, I'm a funky little robot who can do all kinds of things.
I agree, from videos i've seen of him, his UpB looks like an upwards backflip thingy, and he also has a chargeable purle laser which looks pretty darn powerful, and i love that sakurai included him, he's so different and unique, and i MUCH prefer him over the big purple dragon XD (everytime i say that i think of Barney XD)

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Certainly not my fav, and certainly not gonna be playing a whole lot of him, but ya, lots of undue hate some people have.

A good edition, better than issac, geno, krystal, etc IMO

Top Bottom