• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Animal Juggling Clown.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Right. I tried to type about this in some Fox-counter page in Melee discussion, but the computer logged me off because I took too long and I lost it all. So I'm going to post it here.

You may already know about this, but I couldn't find any topic on it here, so I'm going to make one.

The Animal Juggling Clown is a neat little Fox/Falco killing trick that I discovered (along with the Turtledance) that's probably been done before, but never properly documented. I have the PAL version of the game, so if this doesn't work for you, then it's not my fault.

Mr. Game and Watch may be considered low tier, but when it comes to the Space Animals, he can do some nasty stuff. The Animal Juggling Clown is pretty much just a really long, really evil chain throw combo that will almost guarantee a win against Falco and slap a truckload of damage onto Fox, which always helps. I posted this somewhere before once, but now it's here! Easy to access and right in the middle of things! Tra-la!

Step 1: Grab your animal.

You heard the man, grab that anthropomorph! Mr. Game and Watch has several good tricks that can get him to land a grab. Sometimes, it's even possible to grab Fox/Falco out of a manhole attack or some other launcher on lower damages, which is just fine.

Step 2: hurl it skywards.

Use the U-throw, making sure to take note of where your opponent is DIing. I hope you're good at jump-cancelling your grabs, because you're going to need it now.

Step 3: slide like an onion and grab more fur.

wait for the hapless fast-faller to begin thier descent, and then time your grab so you air-grab them. No matter where they DI, you can still grab them using jump-cancelled grabs. For Falco, this is slightly easier because he spends too much time in the air.

Step 4: Impress the kids.

Juggling time! Continually air grab and u-throw the helpless animals until they reach the following percentages:

These may not be completely accurate, so it's best to move on to step 5 once they're near this damage, if you want to be safe.

Fox: 30% (somewhere in the thirties.)

Falco: 55% (somewhere in the fifties.)

Dorothy: 50% off magic Shoes (somewhere over the rainbow.)

Step 5: Open the door and wave to your friends.

Once the space animals are on the percentages outlined in Step 4, they will be able to recover from your throws before you can get another sucessful grab. It's time to pull something out with more range: F-air! As soon as you see what direction your opponent is DIing in, shorthop towards that direction and use the F-air. The knockback from these attacks will send your furry opponent sailing over the edge like a anthromorphic sack of spuds.

Step 6: It's the mimes! Get out of there!

The combo is now complete. If this was Falco, he'll probably be flying over the edge by now, so go and wait for him and make sure he doesn't return. For fox, his damage won't be quite as high, but you will have just given yourself a 55% lead in the battle.

Happy animal juggling!

Note: this combo is COMPLETELY, UTTERLY unescapable if done correctly. I've tested it to death. Have fun!

UPDATED: NOW it's completely and utterly unescapabe at the expence of a little bit of damage.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Lol

It's hilarious....how all of a sudden GAW can own the space animals.

GAW.

Not the first person to really do so with GAW.

I know how you feel Wes.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
game and watch has a lot of edgeguarding options and fastfall combos that can put the animals under. I completely agree that gw is an animal counter.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
OK, some problems with this...I've found that the version I previously posted is escapable by both animals. The key does NOT prop them up for a flag, it knocks them back too far. Instead of going for the key after the final throw, it's best to watch where they DI to and then end the combo with an F-ar if they DI. If they don't DI, (they most likely will,) then you can use Flag.

NOW it's guaranteed. You can do around 72% to Falco and 55% to Fox with this combo, and either way, they'll be off near the edge.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
the chain throw with gaw is pretty well known, but hey, it works. dead space animal time! how well does it work against captain falcon (if gaw can pull off the win against any of the fast-fallers, it's probably falcon who can be grabbed easier and can't emphasize gaw's terrible defenses as much)

King Kong

Smash Lord
Hah hah, **** Nessbounder, how do you come up with so much stuff for so many characters? I rember you using a variation of this on me, and that stupid turtle dance thingy. But, my DK can beat your G & W through sheer attrition. No matter how many times you combo me, i will get hit you with a down smash and K.O you. But then again, i only won 1 out of three G & W vs DK matches we had. DK just is a sucker for combos i guess.....

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Is it impractical to try to switch the chain throw from uthrow to dthrow at that 30% mark and continue chainthrowing Fox?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm pretty sure Fox can smash DI away, tech roll away, and I'm not sure if GAW can techchase that well after dthrow, so I don't think that would work too well.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Actually, this stuff is still relevant, regardless of how old this topic is. In-game physics haven't changed in two years.

As for you stopping reading at "PAL version" I'll have you know that the only way this should effect anything is the fact that Fox is slightly lighter. PAL version may be superior to the US version, but a lot of the stuff that's been changed are fairly character-specific.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Being in the PAL version makes this seem like maybe G&W is a Falco counter, because you can chain-grab, and that always leads to kills, right? Just like how Marth can chain-grab Falco even higher, so he's definitely a Falco counter.

But that overlooks an important factor: all Falco has to do outside the PAL version is SHFFL d-airs. No shines necessary or anything, just SHFFL d-airs the whole time. Make sure he approaches it so that he lands behind you with the first, repeat as necessary. You can't really beat that with G&W. Some Falcos try to actually fight that match, and might find it to be slightly more difficult than expected. They shouldn't do that.

Top Bottom