• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Amy Files - Currently Halted due to lack of time

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Or she could just replace Peach, which would help 'cause that would let her have female voice clips... but that would create another plethora of problems, I'm sure...
Unfortunately a peach replacement is out as the model doesnt load T_T supposedly (first page) but then again she does need a new array of voice clips because it would be kinda creepy if she had the same voice as DDD.
The voice bugs me too. I'm looking for a better base, and also to fix the grab glitch
Hey guys, remember when I addressed this very issue back on Page 10 and nobody read the post or replied to it except one person who didn't vote either way? Good times.

Amy has her own effects from M&SatOWG that you can use if need be (I've successfully viewed and exported them in BrawlBox), but a heart is a heart and I don't think it would make much difference whether you use Amy's or Peach's. Either way, the effect could be swapped in through PSA by replacing an external graphic effect. Check this post for a small guide and some useful links.

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, remember when I addressed this very issue back on Page 10 and nobody read the post or replied to it except one person who didn't vote either way?

Good times.
Jennifer did Sonic Heroes, right? I'd go with that. Older voices > 4kids voices and Amy was actually playable in Sonic Heroes, so I'm sure there's a hell of a lot more to work with there as you mentioned in your post.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I'd go with Lisa Ortiz for consistency with the fact that Sonic has his 4Kids VA. I'm not sure, Lisa Ortiz isn't as annoying as Jennifer Doulliard. Ultimately, if Jennifer has better lines, pick her.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I'd go with Lisa Ortiz for consistency with the fact that Sonic has his 4Kids VA. I'm not sure, Lisa Ortiz isn't as annoying as Jennifer Doulliard. Ultimately, if Jennifer has better lines, pick her.
All i know is that if Knuckles ever comes to production it had better be Dan Green!

soramimuttsu

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, remember when I addressed this very issue back on Page 10 and nobody read the post or replied to it except one person who didn't vote either way? Good times.

Amy has her own effects from M&SatOWG that you can use if need be (I've successfully viewed and exported them in BrawlBox), but a heart is a heart and I don't think it would make much difference whether you use Amy's or Peach's. Either way, the effect could be swapped in through PSA by replacing an external graphic effect. Check this post for a small guide and some useful links.
congratulations for that but, and don get :mad: with me, but you idea for the level for amy isn't good, is a best idea make a level of palmtree panic, when she make her appearence, like green hill, when sonic make his appeareance, or green greens for kirby, or the tornado flying in emerald hill for tails (thanks mr.weegee), ever the first level is a good idea and the best idea for a level of that character, but in the brain of a girl filled with naked photos and marriage rings? i don't beliave if thats is a good idea

pd: sorry for my bad english, but i am from chile

pdd: i vote for the idea for the final smash pink typhoon, and a good idea for down b, is the spin attack from sonic adventure 1/DX, and she can move but a little bit slow, and she can charge the attack for more durability, but if she uses in max durability, she can get dizzy (a other idea, use the efect when the brawl shield blows ups)

kailmanning

Smash Rookie
hey for her final smash, she could pull out her hammer, start spinning very fast and then form a pink typhoon kind of thing and just control left/right through the stage (jumping if you want) lol i'm just spit balling here but it seems like an awesome idea to me...

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
hey for her final smash, she could pull out her hammer, start spinning very fast and then form a pink typhoon kind of thing and just control left/right through the stage (jumping if you want) lol i'm just spit balling here but it seems like an awesome idea to me...
Wow, that does seem pretty cool, This wins a vote for me, just gotta learn how to create it.

congratulations for that but, and don get :mad: with me, but you idea for the level for amy isn't good, is a best idea make a level of palmtree panic, when she make her appearence, like green hill, when sonic make his appeareance, or green greens for kirby, or the tornado flying in emerald hill for tails (thanks mr.weegee), ever the first level is a good idea and the best idea for a level of that character, but in the brain of a girl filled with naked photos and marriage rings? i don't beliave if thats is a good idea

pd: sorry for my bad english, but i am from chile

pdd: i vote for the idea for the final smash pink typhoon, and a good idea for down b, is the spin attack from sonic adventure 1/DX, and she can move but a little bit slow, and she can charge the attack for more durability, but if she uses in max durability, she can get dizzy (a other idea, use the efect when the brawl shield blows ups)
He was joking about the stage

About the spinning move, I already have it in her AAA combo so that won't do...

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
^^ second for the typhoon another hazard to look out for, especially if everyone runs away after she gets a smash ball

Oh yeah, I was just wondering if the running attack was still up for input XD

Slashy

Smash Lord
It should be her trip from Sonic Advance 3, a kill move with great range and knockback, but an extreme ending lag.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
This is cool, but is there a way to make her brighter? Sorry if this question was already asked.
personally, i would just brighten the texture by a very little bit at a time to brighten her up, but if M&SWO models are like pokepark wii, it will have a texture that makes it darker, but it should be brightened little by little, because it can easily be too bright

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
personally, i would just brighten the texture by a very little bit at a time to brighten her up, but if M&SWO models are like pokepark wii, it will have a texture that makes it darker, but it should be brightened little by little, because it can easily be too bright
I'm more concerned about the dissappearing texture. Have ya fixed that btw?

Yup, its essentially the same move except both hands are above her head as she trips (same move I was going to suggest XD)
I'm considering it. It sounds like a cool attack...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Oh yeah, that was me...good times, feels as though it was just yesterday...

Anyway, I vote for Liza Ortiz.

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
I think so ^^ K found the sprites looks like she's a bit dizzy after she finishes her attack

Last thing is an idea for the victory pose XP but you already have one so NVM XD couldnt resist the DDD part though

Slashy

Smash Lord
Oh wait I have an idea, you go into dazed state after doing the move, it will save you the extra animations.

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
Maybe it should be just a slight lag between her getting up, give the opponent a chance to attack between frames and making it look a bit "realistic" at the same time ^^ then again brawl isnt much for realism XP

Slashy

Smash Lord
I was thinking it should be an actual kill move, that move had a lot of lag in the Sonic Advance games.

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie
True Im just thinking about playability it just would seem a bit anoying if amy kept getting stunned after her running A XD but then again the stun would save on frames

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
hey dxrkn3ss, are you still having problems with the grab glitch? would it be alright if i could get amy's files and try a few things with it? i'm about 98% sure why it glitches, but it would be faster if i could fix it myself rather than trying to explain how to do it. ive been able to get a few models in brawl to be thrown properly, but i want to try it with a character that has animations with it as well.

Jmiles

Smash Rookie
goin in to that victory theme thing u could do the poya parts of her theme song
~JJ~

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I think so ^^ K found the sprites looks like she's a bit dizzy after she finishes her attack

Last thing is an idea for the victory pose XP but you already have one so NVM XD couldnt resist the DDD part though
These Sprites are very usuable. I'm 99% sure I'm probable making this her attack now, thanks...

Oh wait I have an idea, you go into dazed state after doing the move, it will save you the extra animations.
I'll pass. I wanna make her fair and playable. Thinks like that will turn off others, including me!

Maybe it should be just a slight lag between her getting up, give the opponent a chance to attack between frames and making it look a bit "realistic" at the same time ^^ then again brawl isnt much for realism XP
Maybe like a half a second lag time sort of like dedede's! His does have a lagg time if you really examine it!

I was thinking it should be an actual kill move, that move had a lot of lag in the Sonic Advance games.
Kill move= WIN! If you missed with it. Well jut don't miss...

True Im just thinking about playability it just would seem a bit anoying if amy kept getting stunned after her running A XD but then again the stun would save on frames
I'm not concerned about saving frames...

hey dxrkn3ss, are you still having problems with the grab glitch? would it be alright if i could get amy's files and try a few things with it? i'm about 98% sure why it glitches, but it would be faster if i could fix it myself rather than trying to explain how to do it. ive been able to get a few models in brawl to be thrown properly, but i want to try it with a character that has animations with it as well.
Aight take a look at it, I'm gonna PM you the files. It would be nice if you still try explaining what you're doing.

goin in to that victory theme thing u could do the poya parts of her theme song
~JJ~
I'm up for any victory theme. I just don't intend to make one now, so any made one that sounds good works!

It wasn't a cameo. A cameo is Big in SA2. She was one of the main characters.
And one of my favorites, besides Knuckles

hey have ya picked out a victory theme yet ^^, just thought Id throw in another idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnwqGfTihsg
After all her first cameo was in sonic cd XD
Nope it wasn't...

NOw, Back to [S}Final Fantasy XIII[/S]...erm.... I mean Amy... eh hehehehe....

Nah but seriously I'm working on her at a slower pace now cause the glitches annoy me. I am looking into fixes everyday and once they are gone, progress will really speed up.

Disappearing Texture and the grab glitch plague my project.

I made a video using my capture card for the first time to show her progress but after I compressed it it was almost 4 GB, Way too much for youtube. I'll probably ask fool's gil to do one later on when more is done.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
alright, i finally figured out what gets rid of the throw glitch! it turns out it has nothing to do with the ThrowN bone at all, but its actually the HipN bone that controls it (dont know why). like with the TransN bone, the HipN bone MUST be in the same index as the character your replacing. the problem is that it seems to mess up the model a bit, but it makes it so the character can be thrown without glitching. im going to continue testing a few things with Amy to see if i can fix anything else, but until the model rebuilder comes out, this will be the best we can get.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
alright, i finally figured out what gets rid of the throw glitch! it turns out it has nothing to do with the ThrowN bone at all, but its actually the HipN bone that controls it (dont know why). like with the TransN bone, the HipN bone MUST be in the same index as the character your replacing. the problem is that it seems to mess up the model a bit, but it makes it so the character can be thrown without glitching. im going to continue testing a few things with Amy to see if i can fix anything else, but until the model rebuilder comes out, this will be the best we can get.
o_o You-you figured it out?
OMG You are my god! <3 EDIT: D: Dammit that's Gardevoir's foot! ;-;

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Leaf, are you using the brawl model for Gardevoir? which character is it replacing? because if its the one from brawl, its current bone structure would fit perfectly over Olimar, with renaming its current ThrowN bone to HipN.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Leaf, are you using the brawl model for Gardevoir? which character is it replacing? because if its the one from brawl, its current bone structure would fit perfectly over Olimar, with renaming its current ThrowN bone to HipN.
It used to be over Olimar, but she's going over Zelda now since Zelda fits her much better movewise. (Plus shielding doesn't crash the game anymore.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Leaf, i would probably then suggest that you put Gardevoir over Olimar, Yoshi, or ROB because they all have the same beginning bone structure that matches Gardevoirs, that way you wont have movement or throwing glitches. but like i said, just a suggestion.

and Dxrkn3ss, i tried messing around with Amy's bones a bit more, and i havent been able to make it work right. because the HipN bone relpaces a leg bone, it messes up the animations quite a bit, and i havent found a way around it yet. at this point, you might just have to wait for the model rebuilder to come out to fix it. and about the sheilding thing, i think her pinky grows because thats Dedede's ThrowN index. i tried a few tests with it and i couldnt get it to not grow. maybe you could resize the pinky in the animation to be really small and just pretend that it never grew in the first place.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Yes that means I was on to something then. When I put her on the ice climbers, she could be thrown but since it was..... wait umm.... nevermind. Well heres some more info here...

Ice Climber's HipN is bone index 5
I never had to rename anything on Amy and she worked on the ice climbers
Amy's Hips index is 2
Amy's CenterskirtB is bone index 5

Got any ideas to why she worked on the ice climbers without naming any bones?

o_o You-you figured it out?
OMG You are my god! <3 EDIT: D: Dammit that's Gardevoir's foot! ;-;
Yes this is big! I'm finally gonna go all out on my project now!

Leaf, i would probably then suggest that you put Gardevoir over Olimar, Yoshi, or ROB because they all have the same beginning bone structure that matches Gardevoirs, that way you wont have movement or throwing glitches. but like i said, just a suggestion.

and Dxrkn3ss, i tried messing around with Amy's bones a bit more, and i havent been able to make it work right. because the HipN bone relpaces a leg bone, it messes up the animations quite a bit, and i havent found a way around it yet. at this point, you might just have to wait for the model rebuilder to come out to fix it. and about the sheilding thing, i think her pinky grows because thats Dedede's ThrowN index. i tried a few tests with it and i couldnt get it to not grow. maybe you could resize the pinky in the animation to be really small and just pretend that it never grew in the first place.
I'll give it a try! Thanks...

Can Amy pick up items?
Yes she can

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
If you rename anything else hipN, does it work or no?

Top Bottom