• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Amy Files - Currently Halted due to lack of time

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
...I was going to say something, but I'll shut up because it would need an entirely new animation and some more PSA work. Maybe later when the important stuff is done.

I'm confused; what's wrong with the texture? Looks fine to me.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Some ideas.

Make that she cannot run, but make she have a speedly walk, like in Sonic games.

For her B-side do what you've said, but inlcude a pink tornado that does low damage and barely moves enemies.

For neutral B, i would recomend she to use a proyectile alike thing... hmm... like... I know! That bird she have on Sonic X. Maybe replacing an article with Ivy's SideB, so the bird makes exactly what Ivy's SideB does.

UpB is going to be like Snake's, don't it? If so, it's good.

DownB I would prefer something like... an strong hammer swing. Something like "Hammer Kirby" does in Amazing Mirror, the fire hammer slash. I would recomend 12% and killing about 95%. Aerial DownB could be same, but spiking instead of hitting, just like she does in Sonic Battle.

Well, I have lot of ideas, I could show you some of them if you could send me the mdl0 you use. You can see my Animation and PSA skills searching for "Fire Sonic 1.0 SuperZeroSonic" on youtube. Thanks for listening to me, and have a nice day ;)
Okey dokey! Animators are the reason why this project is slowing down. I've seen the fire sonic moveset and the taunt was kinda kool, with the fire flower and all. I'll gladly accept more animators. Just let me know when you will have time for it and stuff, I'll PM you the files

For my first impressions, I'd say her hammer is too big. :(
Minor fixes, I could just scale the hammer (I think) in PSA! That will be fixed before hitboxes are made.

If I may add my suggestions in here?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQKMyFrIqRE <watch this video at 2:52 - 2:55
(Spinning hearts) except lots of them.. all over the screen and they do as much damage as you see appropriate

and you may want to look into stuff from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3CgRmjLH5o

also I spoke to Mastaklo and he says he's very busy at the moment so he can't... however he may do it later on... sorry about that
All good ideas. Now I think I'm pretty set on the ideas, just gotta make animations now.

I'd say more than that :p
:p

...I was going to say something, but I'll shut up because it would need an entirely new animation and some more PSA work. Maybe later when the important stuff is done.

I'm confused; what's wrong with the texture? Looks fine to me.
You can say it. All ideas are welcome, and the texture dissappears when the center of the screen is not in view. and its darkened

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
I can start at the time you give me thing to animate. BTW, I founded my way to extract Amy's model. I started to animate some things, Like shield, jumping, dodging, crouching, etc...

I would like you to see the animations I've done, just for telling me If they're better that the one's you've already putted.

Btw, I think maybe Amy would be better over Wario, cause you can replace Bikes model with a hamer, making the hammer to be an item that could be pushed in or out with down special, making amy alternate throught diferent movesets, of course I would animate the alternate moveset, since amy's eyes are part of an unvariable texture, she won't close them at new animations. Also, Wario can be easly PSA'd than DDD and have less animations, less weight, and have a pre-maded Back aerial jump done, where DDD have multiple air jumps that could be kinda crazy. Also, I could help to PSA her as well as animating, so any help you need, just tell me ;)

Edit: My Fire Sonic haven't any Fire Flower, you may have confused.
My Fire Sonic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsq8A23QNr0

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Make that she cannot run, but make she have a speedly walk, like in Sonic games.

For her B-side do what you've said, but include a pink tornado that does low damage and barely moves enemies.

For neutral B, i would recomend she to use a projectile alike thing... hmm... like... I know! That bird she have on Sonic X. Maybe replacing an article with Ivy's SideB, so the bird makes exactly what Ivy's SideB does.

UpB is going to be like Snake's, don't it? If so, it's good.

DownB I would prefer something like... an strong hammer swing. Something like "Hammer Kirby" does in Amazing Mirror, the fire hammer slash. I would recomend 12% and killing about 95%. Aerial DownB could be same, but spiking instead of hitting, just like she does in Sonic Battle.
I don't get this whole thing about Amy being slow... In all the games I've played that had Amy as playable (which I'll admit is limited to Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 3, and Sonic Heroes), she was classified as a speed character. :confused:

Also, with the down-B idea, for something to be so lethal, shouldn't it do more damage?
You can say it. All ideas are welcome, and the texture dissappears when the center of the screen is not in view. and its darkened
Oh. And the texture LOOKS fine, not too dark overall IMO. Yeah, it needs a TINY bit of tweaking, but can't you do that directly to the texture (basic texture hacking)?

My idea is to give her the Air Dash she has in Sonic Advance 3 as a sort of 3rd jump. I'll give a link to it when I get home, but the basic idea is that when in the air (speed form), by pressing the jump button again, you can lunge forward. It doesn't do anything else, but it's a lifesaver in so many situations, and I think it would be useful in many ways in Brawl.
And the PSA setup would be pretty simple overall:
-If: Button Pressed=(jump)
---Change Subaction: Subaction=(airdash)

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
I don't get this whole thing about Amy being slow... In all the games I've played that had Amy as playable (which I'll admit is limited to Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 3, and Sonic Heroes), she was classified as a speed character. :confused:

Also, with the down-B idea, for something to be so lethal, shouldn't it do more damage?
Oh. And the texture LOOKS fine, not too dark overall IMO. Yeah, it needs a TINY bit of tweaking, but can't you do that directly to the texture (basic texture hacking)?
I didn't mean that she should be slow, I just said that she don't run, Making her dash a kind of hop, like in sonic advance games.

I kinda animated some, and I used run for Speed walk, making her look like she's running when she walks.

Also for the idea from B-down, I better said that she should get a second moveset. In some atacks, of course, 'cause PSA is limited. I thinked of making her a speedly character when hammer is not out, and a Powerfull but slow character when it is, and the hammer should get out with B-down, as well as vanish. Btw, B-side should also get hammer out, but not in. See ya ;)

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I can start at the time you give me thing to animate. BTW, I founded my way to extract Amy's model. I started to animate some things, Like shield, jumping, dodging, crouching, etc...

I would like you to see the animations I've done, just for telling me If they're better that the one's you've already putted.

Btw, I think maybe Amy would be better over Wario, cause you can replace Bikes model with a hamer, making the hammer to be an item that could be pushed in or out with down special, making amy alternate throught diferent movesets, of course I would animate the alternate moveset, since amy's eyes are part of an unvariable texture, she won't close them at new animations. Also, Wario can be easly PSA'd than DDD and have less animations, less weight, and have a pre-maded Back aerial jump done, where DDD have multiple air jumps that could be kinda crazy. Also, I could help to PSA her as well as animating, so any help you need, just tell me ;)

Edit: My Fire Sonic haven't any Fire Flower, you may have confused.
My Fire Sonic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsq8A23QNr0
Pretty cool. I was getting Hiatus comfused with yours but I can see the custom animations in the moveset, as well as the PSA stuff.

(A giant roach on a sofa once said).....Good.....good!

BTW I sent you the Amy Files in PM! :)

I didn't mean that she should be slow, I just said that she don't run, Making her dash a kind of hop, like in sonic advance games.

I kinda animated some, and I used run for Speed walk, making her look like she's running when she walks.

Also for the idea from B-down, I better said that she should get a second moveset. In some atacks, of course, 'cause PSA is limited. I thinked of making her a speedly character when hammer is not out, and a Powerfull but slow character when it is, and the hammer should get out with B-down, as well as vanish. Btw, B-side should also get hammer out, but not in. See ya ;)
Excellent. That sounds great for a down B and alternate forms is always a plus. Sounds like some serious work there though. Lets just get all her first set of moves done before we think about a second.

Also, as you will see in my fitmotionpac in the PM, a lot of her animations are done somewhat (they can use tweaking), but switching her to another character now without the model rebuilder will cause probably all the animations to get destroyed. Model injection is glitchy now and I have already worked most of the bugs so far.

Lets just work the animations on DDD for now, I'll port them over when or if the tiome comes...

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
I have a theory. Maybe changing a Waddle thing with the Bikes parameters with help of BB, Could get that Dedede had an Bike model, as well as a hammer to replace it and making my idea work on Dedede.

Also, I'm making some PSA stuff as well as Animation, once I'm somewhat finished with the animations and the PSA for them, I would Give It to you, for you to say me how they are and if you like them. Nothing more for now. See ya!

ds22

Smash Lord
dxrkn3ss, you still have that grab glitch?
Because I now know why I couldn't fix it for you.
You see, I posted this in SqLeon's Ichigo thread:
SqLeon, do you still experience random freezes?
Because if so, check in the FitMotionEtc for animations with Unknown1 which has a number other than 0.
If an animation has a Unknown1 which has a number (value) other than none, change that value to 0.
This is needed because it will freeze on occasion if it isn't 0 (same goes for Unknown2).
I also did this with Amy's FitMotionEtc.pac and after doing so, I could grab Amy without her spassing out (with the grabbed glitch fixed model of course).

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I have a theory. Maybe changing a Waddle thing with the Bikes parameters with help of BB, Could get that Dedede had an Bike model, as well as a hammer to replace it and making my idea work on Dedede.

Also, I'm making some PSA stuff as well as Animation, once I'm somewhat finished with the animations and the PSA for them, I would Give It to you, for you to say me how they are and if you like them. Nothing more for now. See ya!
Aight kool, I'm looking forward to seeing ur work!

dxrkn3ss, you still have that grab glitch?
Because I now know why I couldn't fix it for you.
You see, I posted this in SqLeon's Ichigo thread:

I also did this with Amy's FitMotionEtc.pac and after doing so, I could grab Amy without her spassing out (with the grabbed glitch fixed model of course).
I'll try fixing this now, but can u send me your fixed one still! Thanks in advance (if u can, that is) lol...

EDIT: I still have the glitch. You never sent me the grab glitch fixed model and I took a gander in the fitmotionpac and they are all 0 for unknown1 already.

Can you just sent me the fix that you have done, please?

ds22

Smash Lord
I'll try fixing this now, but can u send me your fixed one still! Thanks in advance (if u can, that is) lol...

EDIT: I still have the glitch. You never sent me the grab glitch fixed model and I took a gander in the fitmotionpac and they are all 0 for unknown1 already.

Can you just sent me the fix that you have done, please?
Send you a PM.

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
Hey, this is a message for all animators, I think it could be better to go to a kind of chat just for us, so we could speak about Amy's animations, instead of doing 2000 times the same animation.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Hey, this is a message for all animators, I think it could be better to go to a kind of chat just for us, so we could speak about Amy's animations, instead of doing 2000 times the same animation.
Do you have AIM?

I re-vamped the texture, and am starting to work on animations.
^Ditto! And I seen the re-vamped texture. Looks brawlified. Nice job!

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
In Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 Amy is a slow character, slow, but strong, and those are the best 3D Sonic games so far, so I'd assume people base their opinion on these, which I deeply agree onto doing. =P

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
That's too fast (IMO), I'd go for Snake's speed, maybe less, thought, I'm basing myself in S.A. 1 and 2, were Amy was strong with her huge Hammer but slower, unlike the other games, where she's just a Sonic clone.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
She was slower because the only other characters who you'd even bother to run with were Sonic and Shadow. She's still very fast by Brawl standards.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
The way I see it, she gets faster in every game because since the events of Sonic CD and Sonic Adventure she decided to train to become more powerful, which is why she's faster in SA2 and Sonic Heroes and is seen kickboxing in Sonic Battle. Another point to note is that she sounds overwhelmed when she does the Homing Attack in SA2 which may suggest that she's still learning.

Random Sonic nerdery ends here. Plus, I have a terrible feeling I've said this before in this thread.

SalaComMander

Smash Rookie
I love this idea. However, she needs to be a little bit taller (she's only 10 cm shorter than Sonic), and may I ask why you're using her Olympic Winter Games outfit? Other than that, I have a few ideas about her attacks. Such as her air Up-B should be that flying thing she does from Sonic Heroes, her Side-B could be summoning a small tornado (?), and her Down-B could be the giant hammer from Sonic Advance 3

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I love this idea. However, she needs to be a little bit taller (she's only 10 cm shorter than Sonic), and may I ask why you're using her Olympic Winter Games outfit? Other than that, I have a few ideas about her attacks. Such as her air Up-B should be that flying thing she does from Sonic Heroes, her Side-B could be summoning a small tornado (?), and her Down-B could be the giant hammer from Sonic Advance 3
It's the Winter Olympics outfit as that's the only model that can be used. We can't import models from games that don't use the same format as Brawl, and similarly we can't edit those models very much either. The best that can be done is vertex hacking it to look more like her usual dress, but on that note it's best to wait until the high-poly model can be used (it can't since it's split into two models which makes things complicated, which is why they're using the low-poly one instead).

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to burst your bubble but BETA's will not be realized yet. However, work is being done on this project at a decent pace. I'm sorry for no pictures and stuff but the way I see this... If I take the time to post pictures and information, then that is wasted time that I could have been animating...lol.

Seriously though, The goal of DarkShadeDX, Super-sonic, and I is to sonicfy brawl and we will suceed. For all you anti-sonic fans, well......

Back to working on Amy for me, ciao...

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Sorry to burst your bubble but BETA's will not be realized yet. However, work is being done on this project at a decent pace. I'm sorry for no pictures and stuff but the way I see this... If I take the time to post pictures and information, then that is wasted time that I could have been animating...lol.

Seriously though, The goal of DarkShadeDX, Super-sonic, and I is to sonicfy brawl and we will suceed. For all you anti-sonic fans, well......

Back to working on Amy for me, ciao...
I got ideas for sonicfying brawl

Jet the Hawk on Falco
Chaos Zero(Squirtle)
Metal Sonic(R.O.B)
Charmy(Pit)
Knux(Charizard)(Rock throw)

DARKSHADEDX

Smash Rookie
@Dxrkn3ss: lol WE WILL SUCCEED.. and your right, to all you anti-sonic fans: Go away!
lol (didnt want to be too offensive :D)

@GeminiCrossFade: well after I finish Silver I will probably do knuckles..
and I could do the others also if someone .... *sends me* thier models..

By the way to anyone wondering.. just cos I'm working on Silver AND DK-Sonic doesnt mean I'm not working on Amy aswell >>

don't worry Dxrk I'll still get things done at a usual pace

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
OMG A MAJOR IDEA JUST HIT ME How about Sonic Heroes over pkmn trainer we can replace pokemon trainer with some sonic character maybe andy from the sonic anime.... put Knux is Charzard, Squirtle is Sonic, Tails is Ivysuar we can change the moves and such but this idea is full proof

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
I thought the appeal behind Sonic Heroes was the fact you were using three characters all at the same time? Doesn't make much sense for a tag team sort of thing going on.

blaze1216j

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blaze1216j
Switch FC
0463-6711-5134
@Dxrkn3ss: lol WE WILL SUCCEED.. and your right, to all you anti-sonic fans: Go away!
lol (didnt want to be too offensive :D)

@GeminiCrossFade: well after I finish Silver I will probably do knuckles..
and I could do the others also if someone .... *sends me* thier models..

By the way to anyone wondering.. just cos I'm working on Silver AND DK-Sonic doesnt mean I'm not working on Amy aswell >>

don't worry Dxrk I'll still get things done at a usual pace
Well if you wanna work on knux, you can use the model i made in brawlvault, he goes over pikachu

Top Bottom