• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the almighty saltix

Saltix

Smash Lord
WOW. Those results are well over a year old. Good **** Octix.
Yeah, I know. Just posting to show consistency in placing. I would have posted some from this year if we actually had the results.

****. Even more good **** for placing 4th out of 13 and bragging about it.

To add on to this, You basically proved my point. I asked you to show me where you had ever placed higher than 7th. Granted, I suppose you did get 4th once, but...September 27th of last year?
Yeah, that's actually what I was going for. You did ask to see a placing higher than 7th, right?
When did I ever brag about placing 4th?

One thing I noticed is how you include the word "top" before you put your placing every time you talk. I don't know exactly why, perhaps it's just to get your pride up.
Let's not even talk about pride alright? ;)
-octix stop living in the past, you aren't in tournaments anymore, these old results won't get you top 10 now, start entering.
I'm not trying to use those placings as validation for me getting on a PR, I simply posted them because I was attempting to show Rayku some consistency in my placings.

to make the orignial list i would say it requires a bit more effort than the rest of them. he did enter feburary, which was the last one he posted, january he entered as well if i remember correctly, but no results were posted. Why wouldn't you guys use those results if they're available. Doesn't that make the list more accurate?
I won't let you falsely justify for me; I didn't attend the january one. But entering Monthlies for Feb, March, April, May is still in question*, June, and July placing well (by my standards and sub-par by Rayku's) and still not making it on a PR?
What I'm salty about the most is that I've never even been an honorable mention! :(
FMTL got on it and he didn't even really play Brawl. I can't find the list on smashboards when Chops got on it, but he was here for like what, 1 monthly with a high placing and he makes it?

Why wouldn't you guys use those results if they're available. Doesn't that make the list more accurate?
Oh, and that's also around the time when we could never really get the tournament placings from Eric.

I hate to be so salty GA Brawl, but you make me this way!

Player-3

Smash Hero
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNN

SALTIX ****IN RAININ HIS **** ALL OVER GEORGIA RIGHT NOW

v

Purple

Hi guys!
octix, i'm just saying stop putting attention on yourself. if you aren't trying to get on the PR now with this information. Why bring it up? You just got ****ted out. They only used decemeber, january, feburary, and impact clash to truly depict who was on the list.

GA panelist at the time only used tournament rankings, when someone gets bracket *****, they lost their PR spot, it isn't fair.

We should be using bracket wins and losses, money matches, and tournament placings to depict the list, which we are in fact doing now.

You didn't come to IC3, the january or decemeber tournament, you missed three out of four tourneys, and because of that you didn't get in. Be salty all you want, but it won't change that.

Once again i'm going to assert for you to stop putting attention on yourself in this thread. It's pretty idiotic, especially since i have to agree with rayku that the 6-10 spots on the PR aren't exactly high level players. You shouldnt' be all too happy..

Saltix

Smash Lord
We should be using bracket wins and losses, money matches, and tournament placings to depict the list, which we are in fact doing now.
Orly now? I like that.

You didn't come to IC3, the january or decemeber tournament, you missed three out of four tourneys, and because of that you didn't get in. Be salty all you want, but it won't change that.
Yeah, I'm not even salty about the first list, I have no right to be if I missed 3 out of 4 tourneys to get on it, and the one tourney I did attend, it's not like I placed 1st or anything. It's the 2 or 3 lists that came out before august this year.

Once again i'm going to assert for you to stop putting attention on yourself in this thread. It's pretty idiotic, especially since i have to agree with rayku that the 6-10 spots on the PR aren't exactly high level players. You shouldnt' be all too happy..
Naw N**** the thread title got my name in it

In all seriousness though,
Would you say the same if you were on the PR in places 6-10?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Wasn't that the original purpose of the Iron Man MM?
Yeah. When we established that Iron Man MM, you quit "temporarily" because "you had accomplished all that you needed to."

Even though it was really because of football, that is what you said.

@Octix's last statement: Alright, you're not salty about the first list. That's wonderful. The lack of results for the next PR that was constructed was the reason you were not on it.

Oh, and @Edit in next to last post: Honorable Mentions are more insulting to me than anything. They just say "These guys suck -just enough- to not stand a chance to make money at the time of this Power Rankings"

Purple

Hi guys!
Orly now? I like that.

Yeah, I'm not even salty about the first list, I have no right to be if I missed 3 out of 4 tourneys to get on it, and the one tourney I did attend, it's not like I placed 1st or anything. It's the 2 or 3 lists that came out before august this year.

Naw N**** the thread title got my name in it

In all seriousness though,
Would you say the same if you were on the PR in places 6-10?
Yes i would, i would wear it proudly since i got myself to that point, however i wouldn't be satisfied with bottom five or bottom nine for that matter.

@rayku - honorable mentions are for people like you rayku, who don't want to actually be on the PR. or me, who has beaten people in the PR consistently, but didn't enter tournaments to get in. It's not an insult, as there are stipulations as to why he's not in. You just have a different view of it.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Yeah. When we established that Iron Man MM, you quit "temporarily" because "you had accomplished all that you needed to."

Even though it was really because of football, that is what you said.
Did I REALLY say that? >.>
Football will be over between next friday or all the way up until December 12th.
I'm not banking on next friday though because apparently Brookwood will be an easy game for us, but idk.

But yeah, we can run that Iron Man MM, a normal MM, we can wait til we have a bracket match or w/e
PROVIDED if you even want a rematch
@Octix's last statement: Alright, you're not salty about the first list. That's wonderful. The lack of results for the next PR that was constructed was the reason you were not on it.
Maybe I'm misinterpreting what your saying here, but you're saying the lack of waba results from the tournaments is what prevented me from being on the second PR?
That adds salt to the shaker :/ lol

Yes i would, i would wear it proudly since i got myself to that point, however i wouldn't be satisfied with bottom five or bottom nine for that matter.

@rayku - honorable mentions are for people like you rayku, who don't want to actually be on the PR. or me, who has beaten people in the PR consistently, but didn't enter tournaments to get in. It's not an insult, as there are stipulations as to why he's not in. You just have a different view of it.
Okay, same here. I was just curious. Of course it's nothing you should be satisfied with, because there's obvious room for improvement

Rayku

Smash Lord
Did I REALLY say that? >.>
Football will be over between next friday or all the way up until December 12th.
I'm not banking on next friday though because apparently Brookwood will be an easy game for us, but idk.

But yeah, we can run that Iron Man MM, a normal MM, we can wait til we have a bracket match or w/e
PROVIDED if you even want a rematch
Maybe I'm misinterpreting what your saying here, but you're saying the lack of waba results from the tournaments is what prevented me from being on the second PR?
That adds salt to the shaker :/ lol

Okay, same here. I was just curious. Of course it's nothing you should be satisfied with, because there's obvious room for improvement
Yeah you did lol. I made fun of you for a while because of that.

I'd totally be down for an Iron Man MM, I find them amazingly fun. They also show an overall skill level of a player, although we've talked about this before.

Also, probably yes. There's nothing you can really do about it now, so just show up and scrape everyone.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
tbh I think it's a little unfair that fullmetal got on the PR and octix didn't.

at the same I don't understand why octix is making such a big deal about getting his name on a list.

also octix, whatever happened to you and melee?

Saltix

Smash Lord
Yeah you did lol. I made fun of you for a while because of that.

I'd totally be down for an Iron Man MM, I find them amazingly fun. They also show an overall skill level of a player, although we've talked about this before.

Also, probably yes. There's nothing you can really do about it now, so just show up and scrape everyone.
Alright cool. I personally want to do an Iron Man MM because I'll actually end up using some of the other characters I put some effort into besides MK and Luc lol.

Yep, that's pretty much what it boils down to. I can't promise when I'll be back to compete, but it'll be like Jan 2010 at the latest. You still active in the brawl tourney scene? I thought you had moved on to Melee

Saltix

Smash Lord
tbh I think it's a little unfair that fullmetal got on the PR and octix didn't.

at the same I don't understand why octix is making such a big deal about getting his name on a list.

also octix, whatever happened to you and melee?
Yeah, the past is done now, just looking towards the future.
I always had ambitions to go big in smash I thought I've told this story before lol

Honestly I played Melee for the first time yesterday in months, and my falco tech skill is almost completely shot xD
I stopped gaming in general once football season/school started because when I got home from practice, I'd eat, do hw, shower, and then go to bed, because that's pretty much all I had time for

Oh and double post IDGAF OLETSDOIT

Top Bottom