• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
So I was thinking of doing a Smashfest here in Marion on the 9th of August? I was just wondering who'd be interested?

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
^Sounds fun, I MIGHT go. Depends if I bother to get my Iowa license by then(I just moved from Michigan) and how close it is to the QC area.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to make it, so i doubt that sluys would want to make the drive either. Wish i could make it tho

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
^Sounds fun, I MIGHT go. Depends if I bother to get my Iowa license by then(I just moved from Michigan) and how close it is to the QC area.
I'm guessing that's around Bettendorf and stuff. Mapquest says an hour and a half. So, you should really get your license depending.

h4rdcor3, that's fine I you can't go.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
So, any smashers around Iowa City? Or are you guys all in the Des Moines area?
I live in IC (from here, went to school in Ames, just graduated this past spring). I saw your post and wondered if you were a petrie that went to City High a few years back, but I doubt it.

Not too many of us here, except the students who come and go all the time. I'm around for at least 1 year though, depends on if my fiance gets into dental school and I get into MSTP if I'll be around longer or not.

You're not all alone :)

Nines~Tempest

Smash Cadet
It's tommorow, you know. You'd need my address first though.

Petrie911 sounded like he was going to go. You might want to talk to him about it.
Augh, my parents gave me the finger saying no. Christ I wish I had my own car...

Ah well, I'll wait to see if another one comes along. Hopefully in cedar rapids or IC <_________<;

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Wow I haven't been on here in forever! Does anybody still play melee because I want to play with someone.. Also I see brawl is getting more popular now.

To Zyroqwa.............. Yeah pretty much what sheer cold said. I'd like to play sometime this week but we don't have a wii or anything like that with us.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
Wow I haven't been on here in forever! Does anybody still play melee because I want to play with someone.. Also I see brawl is getting more popular now.

To Zyroqwa.............. Yeah pretty much what sheer cold said. I'd like to play sometime this week but we don't have a wii or anything like that with us.
we should get melee started on this side of IA?

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I am now up at Iowa State University here in Ames, and I'm looking for any new Smashers. PM me if interested.

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
we should get melee started on this side of IA?
Sorry, I can't do anything the 23th. The 30th would be as free as it would be when school is so how 'bout then? Would need you to cube though.

Hey, Kami did you and Frosty bring your controllers with you by the way?

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I am now up at Iowa State University here in Ames, and I'm looking for any new Smashers. PM me if interested.
Over 26,000 students attend ISU, and only three of us know about SmashBoards? I'll take any new blood at this point.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Over 26,000 students attend ISU, and only three of us know about SmashBoards? I'll take any new blood at this point.
you should start comin back up to jokers v2k, we are gettin more and more ppl every month, and the melee scene is growing, we even got nebraska guys comin down lately and playin some melee/brawl, we did crews last tourney in melee, 3 nebraska guys vs 9 of us iowa guys and we got stomped lol, we could use your help ^^

Top Bottom