• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
The thing about doing brawl doubles and melee singles is getting the better out of both games and being able to have both communities at almost once. It's the only way I thought it'd really be possible to involve local brawlies and still make it interesting for melee-hard guys.

idk much anymore, 2v2m could be much later at night or switched with 1v1m late at night.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Yes, just with brawl 2v2 first. Then Melee 1v1. Probably housing if anyone needed. I'll post the address later.

Brawl will be $15.00/team.
Melee will be $10.00/person.

Split probably
60%
25%
15%(or whatever the entry fee was, I always think people'd b feel cheated out if they don't get there money back)

I'm sure all of you'd know the rules for Melee. I don't feel like copying and pasting.

I'm not sure about the rules for 2v2 Brawl though. Could someone tell me?
So this is goin down when and where again? Lol too lazy to go look... We mite make this if its close by.. >_>

-BC-

HADOOKEN

Smash Apprentice
HEY, I'm from IOWA, but i'm vacationing right now, I know u guys are having somewater promblems, so stay home and play me online!
I'm orriginally fromcedar rapids, my fc is 1977 1468 8264
ganna be playingfor the next 3 wekeks online.

jimbob13ia

Smash Rookie
in response to proficient (-BC-):

Some of my friends and I are looking for close melee tournaments. Just to give you an idea of how many people, on a good day I could probably round up around 12 people that belong to my group of friends. We live in the Johnston/Grimes/Granger areas, so relatively close to you if I understood you correctly. It would be cool to get together and play even if we don't have enough for tournaments.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
in response to proficient (-BC-):

Some of my friends and I are looking for close melee tournaments. Just to give you an idea of how many people, on a good day I could probably round up around 12 people that belong to my group of friends. We live in the Johnston/Grimes/Granger areas, so relatively close to you if I understood you correctly. It would be cool to get together and play even if we don't have enough for tournaments.
Johnston area? Nice nice thats close to Ankeny. We could prob get somethin worked out sometime. You guys should come to the tourny this friday. Check Joker's thread for details. :laugh:

-BC-

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i don't get why people play such a simple minded ****ing game, can't stand it.

if NE doesn't come to the marion tourney i probably won't attend

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
i don't get why people play such a simple minded ****ing game, can't stand it.

if NE doesn't come to the marion tourney i probably won't attend
I play 'cause it's fun. I think it's a little too early to write the game off as simple-minded or boring. Takes people some time to find out how good a game can/can't be. If I remember correctly, next to NO ONE liked 3rd Strike when it came out. Now it's rare to find a multi-game venue where 3rd Strike isn't the game with the most players, and this is nearly a decade after the game released.

I'll be at the Marion tourney. I'll play both games, 'cause both are fun to me. Hope to get some 1v1 matches in Brawl against people at some point in time.

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
I would have stayed home and made waffles.

Srsly, though, what does it take to get you guys to come, is the question. Oh wait, JBM already said. :(

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Hay Guys, How's life going? As BC's telling me, I hear that Melee/Brawl is dead round these here parts. If anyone has a Brawl Singles tourney let me know. =P

rofa

Smash Journeyman
hey waddup iowa people?

yo im going to be in Des Moines from july 2nd - 6th visiting family. do any of you guys wanna meet up and play while i'm there? i wanna see how u iowans are.

let me know

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
hey waddup iowa people?

yo im going to be in Des Moines from july 2nd - 6th visiting family. do any of you guys wanna meet up and play while i'm there? i wanna see how u iowans are.

let me know
you can call me and probally come to jokers house and play

phone: 515-313-3284

rofa

Smash Journeyman
i just called that number and got a weird answering machine message lol. one of you guys call me 760 613 4128. i can play anytime tomorrow. hit me up and I'll show you our crazy michigan style

PortCity

Smash Ace
I see I've been posting on the wrong thread. Is there going to be some type of get together this Saturday night? We just called Rofa, and didn't get an answer. We are willing to swing by Des Moines tomorrow after 9 to play , or people can come to Ames around 9 ish and we can play until whenever. Or if Sunday will be good, I'm free and up to play all day pretty much.

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
So, any smashers around Iowa City? Or are you guys all in the Des Moines area?
I heard that there are smashers down there but they are colledge peeps and are gone for the summer.

If it's not to much, there's a few people in Cedar Rapids(including me) who you'd be able to play if you're willing to drive. Tell me when your free to come and I'll try to get people for you.

Fall

Smash Ace
so im going to be moving up to ames at the start of august and im wondering is there anyone that plays melee up there because god i hope it isn't all just brawl kids

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
so im going to be moving up to ames at the start of august and im wondering is there anyone that plays melee up there because god i hope it isn't all just brawl kids
I'm moving up to Ames in August as well, and I'll be trying my hardest to meet anyone and everyone who plays Melee. I'm sure we'll find at least a handful of people...

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Same on the Ames thing. I was really hoping there would end up being a decent-sized Melee crowd, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Top Bottom