• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Akuma Jump

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
new ATs are always nice. trying to visualize practical ways this might be used, but haven't really thought of any yet. edgeguarding with a floating nair/fair would be cool, although in most circumstances i'd think it would be pretty risky. running off platforms with autocancelled aerials could perhaps have a use.

You did this in a match? Cool!

I also tried it some times last tournament I went too x3

Maybe in 1-2 years this is basic gameplay for Snake haha! Would be cool :)
Was just in a friendly. Kinda really risky vs falco if it doesn't hit. You have to know the distance falco can get hit and time it perfectly. Even if you do it perfect he could conceivably still go through in the frames between each it.

How exactly? O_0

:phone:
Didn't save but from what I remember I was out far enough so that falco didn't autosnap to the ledge and he was far enough away that his phantasm lost it's invincibility. I would need to study the hitbox for our aerials again but this could be useful in tournament settings against predictable recoveries.

he was far enough away that his phantasm lost it's invincibility.
Falco's phantasm is not invincible at all anywhere during the move. Every hitbox in the game will hit him out of the move so long as it lands on his hurtbox. Falco's hurtbox proceeds the hitbox and it probably only seems invincible because he translates huge distances between frames when he moves. If you do not get a hitbox out on the frame where his hurtbox is, his hurtbox will merely shift a huge distance the following frame. Likely to a location where your hitbox is too far away to actually hit him. So again, there is no invincibility on that move at all.

Sorry, I just see this misconception brought up way too often and I think people get the wrong idea about what is punishable regarding his phantasm. The bigger the hitbox and the longer it lasts the easier it should be to time to hit him out of the move.

Falco's phantasm is not invincible at all anywhere during the move. Every hitbox in the game will hit him out of the move so long as it lands on his hurtbox. Falco's hurtbox proceeds the hitbox and it probably only seems invincible because he translates huge distances between frames when he moves. If you do not get a hitbox out on the frame where his hurtbox is, his hurtbox will merely shift a huge distance the following frame. Likely to a location where your hitbox is too far away to actually hit him. So again, there is no invincibility on that move at all.

Sorry, I just see this misconception brought up way too often and I think people get the wrong idea about what is punishable regarding his phantasm. The bigger the hitbox and the longer it lasts the easier it should be to time to hit him out of the move.
Hmmm my bad. Always thought he had some invincibility during the first 1/3 of the move.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
There is no hurtbox in the first 1/3 iorc. So he's technically not invincible, but he basically teleports lol

:phone:

Top Bottom