• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The advantage of desync-ing?

splat5

Smash Rookie
So i'm really new to the Ice Climbers and have been reading around them for a while on various guide and threads and they all mention methods of how to desync but none really say why its good... Could someone explain this to me?

thanks in advance

P a i n

Smash Cadet
You have two individual characters doing two individual moves simultaneously? Surely it's self explanatory =P
You can also remove your attack lag by starting an attack at the time of the laggy bit of another attack; if that makes sense, creating a constant offense without being punishable. Basicly filling in the gaps.
I'm terrible at explaining things.

Rykard

Smash Ace
desynching helps you to constantly be able to put pressure on your opponenets and limits their options of what they can do. when i am desynched (which is really often for me probably more than any other ic player) my goal is to basically get your oppnent to shield so that when they do you can get in an easy grab adn then thats basically a stock. unfortunately, characters with good projectiles (pit, falco, rob) are able to render desynchs basicalyl useless in a match so watch out for that.

desynch ice blocks also lead to an ice block lock if an opponent misses a tech

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Ok, basically, you have two people doing being controlled by you. They do the same things when you make a command. When you desync them, you literally make them two people attacking one person making it almost impossible to attack you since the Ice Climbers are covering eachother's back while they are lagging after doing an attack.

chewyy

Smash Ace
creating a constant offense without being punishable.
When you desync them, you literally make them two people attacking one person making it almost impossible to attack you
I agree with everyone about what desynching does like two characters attacking...
but desynching does not make the climbers GOD. (In my experiencen they stay as Ice climbers :laugh:)

Top Bottom