• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The actual XIF housing Thread for Tipped Off 7

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Hello all,

This is Marty Osborne, as some of you from Atlantic south may recognize me as "That Guy:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moeiKbnyVf0

I actually room with XIF at his new place, and while I actually quite dislike Smash now, I may be around for that weekend. I also agreed to post on XIF's behalf for housing, even though this is mostly his thing. Apparently XIF is all sorts of banned and for some reason I don't understand I'm not, so I'm doing him a favor on this one. Anything said in the topic will mostly be his responses, I'll just be the messenger. From the last topic:

HOUSING

Hello All! I am still playing smash and I am going to Tipped Off 7! I recently purchased a home and while I don't have necessarily alot of beds, I have plenty of comfortable space to bring a sleeping bag or otherwise to stay at my house. I am within an hour of the venue and if you are flying in on Friday afternoon I will be making ONE stop at the Hartsfield airport if people should need it. This is the kind of things I would like to use this topic plan out.

Details about my house:

2400 sq ft with enough cushions and furniture in the living room to probably accomodate 6-8 people. Plenty of unused rooms upstairs which are pretty much empty that could hold probably another 15 people total. Anybody that is coming from out of state is welcome. Georgia folks are my boys and all but if it gets too crowded with OOS alone I'd rather leave that space for OOS.

Contact Info and Address:
You can contact me on my cell phone at:

678-983-2391

I have my phone on me at all times, but I work from 8:30 AM to around 6 PM Monday through Friday. If you have a question for me during that time frame you can text me and I should call back or text back sometime when I have a break. The weekends and evenings feel free to call any time. My address is:

2783 Morgan Farm Ct
Buford, GA 30519

It is right by the Mall of Georgia which also happens to be the biggest mall east of the Mississippi River. It's a cool place and there are endless restaurants to pick from to eat at.

Rules:
It's pretty simple: control yourself. We'll all be having a good time but I do have neighbors so keep it down. Anyone that needs that cigarette break can do so in my back yard. If people want to do anything else, that's fine, but again control yourself. If you start acting a fool or do something stupid I really don't have a problem kicking you out, even if you're from out of state. I'll get a cab to take you to the nearest hotel. Just a fair warning, but you'd have to be some special kind of real A-Hole to take it that far, so don't worry about it if you are going to act reasonable. Also, I will not tolerate any outside food or drink at the house. I tried it once and it failed, and it's nothing personal but my house can't handle that kind of mess. There are dozens upon dozens of restaurants, fast food places, and 24 hour places like Steak and Shake or Waffle House in the immediate area. Other than that, just enjoy your stay!

Schedule:
Everyone is welcome to come any time after 6:00 PM on Friday, December 2nd. Every must be out by the time I leave for work on Monday, December 5th. I leave by 8:15 AM so unless you're cool with waking up and leaving early, make sure you have your plans squared away for departure. As far as my trip to Hartsfield airport, assuming there are people that are flying, I will make a single trip Friday afternoon. Depending on when people come in, I will schedule it for whatever is most convenient. Again just let me know.

I hope to hear from lots of you guys so go ahead and start posting and let me know what your plans are and what your schedule is like. I'm pretty flexible so if you see something that may conflict with what you need, let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Housing List (25):
Linguini
Bl@ckChris
sneak
EWBF
moophobia
$mike
IL3X
Hungrybox
Eikelmann
Eikelwomann
KeeLime
AzianRaven
Gahtzu
Apollo
Darksonic
Rekrul
Colbol (unsure) (XIF: Please please please come)
MARSFOOL! (unsure) (XIF: Please please please please PLEASE come)
KOkingpin
Yoshiiscool
Mr Pickle
Alex615
Dinkerbob
ether
The Doug

Well that's it guys, XIF I guess will check this pretty regularly, and I'll post when I can. He also said anyone is fine calling him so you can always go that route as well.

Post away.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Eikelmann: XIF's got you and your car, I'll update the list.

Chipmunk: XIF's said that's cool, you can stay as long as you like you just cant spend the night unless there is room.

Thanks guys.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
my car might be coming without me. said this in the other thread, but yeah. i'm not going. idk who is, but i'm sure some sort of NC car is going, and they'd be smart to get in on this.

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
CFL will be coming w/ another car but some people are still unsure:
Gahtzu (going)
Apollo (going)
Darksonic (going)
Rekrul (unsure)
Colbol (unsure)
MARSFOOL! (unsure)

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I've update the post with everyone requesting housing. XIF says (to which I definitely agree) that we're already at 25 people, so the housing/sleeping situation is going from comfortable to crowded about here. There's still room, but it's going to be a little tight if any more people show up. You may want to consider other options at this point, but anyone is free to come still.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Couple things from XIF this morning:

He won't be home until around 6, so try to show up at some time after 6 PM, but any time after that is alright.

He also requested that people call him about 30 minutes to an hour before they're going to arrive, just to give a heads up.

Remember you are responsible for sleeping arrangements in pillows and blankets. Space is available.

NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE HOUSE. (Plenty of water for all, plenty of restaurants open late or 24/7 in the area).

This is probably the last post I'll do, XIF will still be checking this out, and if you have any questions call or text him, but he's at work now so you may actually just want to text.

Top Bottom