• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS Version experience and Wii U Version experience.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Call me richfag, but I'll buy both versions no matter how small the differences will be.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I personally think that both versions of the game should not be the same. I also don't think that they would make one version better than another.
Well tbh if the WiiU version aint better than the 3DS version then that is extremely dissapointing imo..with all that extra power and disc space...expecially when compared to the home consoles smashes..

I have a feeling that the 3DS Versions online will be less laggy though?

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
Well tbh if the WiiU version aint better than the 3DS version then that is extremely dissapointing imo..with all that extra power and disc space...expecially when compared to the home consoles smashes..

I have a feeling that the 3DS Versions online will be less laggy though?
Here's what I think. Both versions will be their own unique in their own way. For example, the Wii U version may have more characters, but the 3DS one may have more levels.

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
Here's what I think. Both versions will be their own unique in their own way. For example, the Wii U version may have more characters, but the 3DS one may have more levels.
Actually I take that back. I hope that both versions add as much as they can add, but I just hope that the Wii U one blows the 3DS one out of the water so much that it makes not want to get the 3DS one.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New concept:

The only reason that there are more characters for the Wii U Version is because (I'm betting) it is able to store more characters into the game, so I added 4 more characters just to make it better than the 3DS Version (In which exclusiveness still gets its share, just less)

The exclusive characters are related to one another (except for the 4 in the bottom row), they are organized by:
-The past and present: it usually means the first characters of a franchise and the what characters are current (Ninten and Lucas, Mewtwo and Zoroark, Pokemon Trainer and N)

-Franchise seperation: it means that some characters are seperated from each other to make them exclusive (Dark Pit and Hades, Wolf and Krystal, Masked Link and Toon Link, Roy and Chrom, Dixie Kong and King K. Rool)

-In relation, but different franchises: This means they something in common with each other (Such as popularity and other general things) but they are different franchises (Isaac and Saki, Sheriff and Mr. Hanafuda)

-Some are added for very different reasons:
-Balloon Fighter was added for an additional retro rep.
-Shulk was added for an additional modern rep.
-King Hippo was added for another rep for Punch Out, since its revival a few years ago.
-Professor Layton was added for exclusiveness, and the fact his games were mostly on portable.
-Lucario and Ike were added just to make it better than the Wii U version (just to make it cost more), same goes for Red Hero and Bayonetta. (Additionally both have exclusive games coming to the Wii U)

So in general, the exclusive characters were based on many aspects that made it appropriate for each version to have while making the exclusive characters represent their franchises well at the same time
1. Mostly appearing on console or mostly on portable.
2. Retro or Modern.
3. Relations to one another on the same and/or different franchise.

Now lets discuss the differences of the Wii U Version and the 3DS Version:

Both have:
- The ability to transfer content. (Stages, trophies, characters, stickers, costumes)
- The ability to connect online and locally to play matches.
- Has Homerun Contest, Target Test, Multiman Brawl, Boss Battles, Trophies and Stickers List, Classic Mode, Training Mode, Special Brawl, Event Mode, All Star Mode, Photo Album, and Tourney Mode.
- Has trophy winning games.

The 3DS Version exclusively has:
-Costumes that can be transfered to the Wii U version.
-Some exclusive trophies and Stickers.
-Has no Stage Builder, but has exclusive Stage parts that can be transferred to the Wii U Version.
-Has a special training mode where you learn how to play as each character.
-Has an exclusive Melee esque Adventure Mode.
-Themed Target Test levels.
-A retro themed Trophy winning game.
-30 Events

The Wii U version has:
-A big Story Mode.
-Masterpieces (Even more Masterpieces, yay!)
-Rotation Mode
-Events (Even more Events than Brawl)
-General Target Test levels (just like Brawl's)
-Stage Builder
-A universe themed Trophy winning game.
In general all content that was removed in the 3DS version was to make it equal to the price it has ($40), while giving more content to the Wii U Version.

So how is the concept?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Version exclusives and VERY questionable roster choices... If that was the final rosters, tables would be thrown, bombs would explode, windows would get broken... the amount of rage would be egregious.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Version exclusives and VERY questionable roster choices... If that was the final rosters, tables would be thrown, bombs would explode, windows would get broken... the amount of rage would be egregious.
I like the sound of that please go on.

RealTalk though **** version exclusives...its gonna do nothing but piss PeePz off HARD!!

even if they had 1 version exclusive for each PeePz would *****...

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Then how do I balance it :p
I set the limitations just to fit the price.
Making both versions equal to each other would not make any sense at all, Both versions would be $60 :troll:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How do you balance both versions then?
Balance?

Well Make the 3DS Version more story focused/personal experience like Sakurai said.

A massive story mode
Classic mode
Maybe event matches
Stadium stuff

And like 20 something chars.

Leveling up system to unlock stickers/alt costumes/coin to buy **** in the in game shop?

Come on what do you think the 3DS Version should have?

WiiU version wil have all the 3DS chars and a few more

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Unless you have all the solo modes, customs, stage builder, regulr brawl, and online available only available in the 3DS Version, but all the multiplayer modes only available in the Wii U Version, with only 10 of the same newcomers in both versions, that surely can convince me. But really I would not be convinced.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I think I found the perfect use of the Wii U Version, with the use of the gamepad.

How about this, the Wii U version is special because you can actually play the game of certain stages on your gamepad. I will explain:

Pushmo Park: In this stage you are able to control Mallo and actually push and pull the pushmo you are currenly on. You can switch between Pushmo every 30 seconds to change variety of platforms.

Tetris Stage: In this stage, you control the tetris blocks and make them instafall to opponents to get knockback. If you make a row, it will create great knockback.

Pac-Maze: In this stage you are able to play as an 8-bit Pac-Man, When you contact opponents, they will receive great knockback.

Wario Ware Inc.: In this stage you are able to pick which Microgame comes next, although there is a 10 second delay of picking after you pick the next 2.

Desert Temple: In this stage, you play a soldier of Palutena (AKA the multiplayer guy) and shoot down opponents with the various weapons in real time 3d perspective.

World 1-1: In this stage, you play as Nabbit, you can grab opponents and drag them to their death off screen. They are able to escape it depending on their percentage.

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
For the Wii U version, I think that the Gamepad could be used as a camera when you play with more than 4 players. Or, you can do things like move the stage around or alter the stage while people are playing.

Top Bottom