• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
I suggest you use this video instead of doing whatever you're doing.

He won't tell you where to get the melee .iso, and I don't know what the smashboard rules are, but I don't suggest media fire.
If you have a copy of the game you can rip the .iso as per these instructions by youtuber
Use CleanRip

1. Go to Google or Bing and input "cleanrip." Click on the "CleanRip - WiiBrew" link and click on (Download) on the right side of the screen. Click on the (CleanRip-v2.0.0.zip) link and click on the link to download the files.

2. Go to (Downloads) and then double click on the (CleanRip-v2.0.0.zip) folder. Drag the (apps) folder onto your SD card.

3. Go to Google or Bing and input "homebrew browser." Click on the "Homebrew Browser - Wiibrew" link. Click on the (Download) link on the right side of the screen.

4. Go to (Downloads) and double click on the (homebrew_browser_v0.3.9e.zip) folder. Drag the (homebrew_browser) folder onto your SD card.

5. Insert your SD card and your USB drive into your Wii and go onto the Homebrew Channel in the main menu.

6. Select the (CleanRip) icon at the top of the screen [it should be the only icon on the screen] and select (Load) at the bottom of the screen to open CleanRip.

7. Hit (A) when prompted to do so. Select (USB), then (NTFS), then (No) when the Redump.org message appears. Hit (A) on the Wii Remote when the program tells you to install the USB drive. Insert Wii or GameCube disk and hit (A).

8. If it is a GameCube disk, the ripping process starts right away. If it is a Wii disk, select from top to bottom: (No/Yes) [depending on the layers], (Max) and (Yes). The ripping process begins.

9. Wait until CleanRip finishes ripping the disc, then when finished, hit (B). Keep hitting (B) to go back to the Homebrew Channel menu.

10. Eject the disk and the USB drive from your Wii and put your USB drive into the computer. Copy over the files to whichever destination you choose.

11. You just made an .iso file of the game! Congrats! Take out the SD card when you are finished ripping games. Erase everything on the USB drive.
If you do have a copy of the game, and fast internet and little patience (lol), there are many sites that are like a paradise when it comes to downloading emulator type things, or cool places to get roms.
I suggest you do a search, lmao.

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Hey Achilles can you make an option where every time the CPU techs as any character have an option after to Spot-dodge or Roll?

Or options Oo jab reset/missed tech?

Last edited:

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
Whoever thought making the cursor autoselect the HMN/CPU toggle was a good idea is mistaken. Whenever I'm grinding friendlies, I can't just hold A (for sheik transform) or I'll turn into a CPU. Very frustrating. Otherwise, great job.

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Whoever thought making the cursor autoselect the HMN/CPU toggle was a good idea is mistaken. Whenever I'm grinding friendlies, I can't just hold A (for sheik transform) or I'll turn into a CPU. Very frustrating. Otherwise, great job.
You can just select sheik.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
Does anyone experience crashing in Classic mode, Adventure mode, and All Star Mode? I do
Yes, the main post of 20XX says that will happen because trophies were replaced with those extra costumes for vs mode.

You're going to have to choose single player mode or costumes.

You can make the decision when you do the file replacements.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Yes, the main post of 20XX says that will happen because trophies were replaced with those extra costumes for vs mode.

You're going to have to choose single player mode or costumes.

You can make the decision when you do the file replacements.
Yeah I'll take costumes.

animalcrackheads

Smash Rookie
Hey so I just hacked my wii and everything and am running the 20XX hack 3.02 with dios mios through USB loader gx and it seems like the game freezes way more frequently than it should while playing multiplayer matches I was wondering if anyone had the same problem or knew of a way to fix it, I used both of beanwolf's videos if that matters thank you.

ClassicG

Smash Rookie
I'm having an issue with one of the in game toggles. Whenever I use P2 action spam, I get a white tint instead of gold like in the GIF, and the action spam doesn't work. Please help me!

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Hey so I just hacked my wii and everything and am running the 20XX hack 3.02 with dios mios through USB loader gx and it seems like the game freezes way more frequently than it should while playing multiplayer matches I was wondering if anyone had the same problem or knew of a way to fix it, I used both of beanwolf's videos if that matters thank you.
when you play friendlies, make sure the P2 Toggles are deactivated. It's at the top of the front page in the Debug Menu.
Often freezes are caused by accidentally using Toggles via D-Pad.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
I'm having an issue with one of the in game toggles. Whenever I use P2 action spam, I get a white tint instead of gold like in the GIF, and the action spam doesn't work. Please help me!
The function that runs the action spam reads your input 3 seconds after you've initiated it. Everything before and after this moment is ignored. So you have to hold the input until the character starts doing it, then you're fine.

ClassicG

Smash Rookie
The function that runs the action spam reads your input 3 seconds after you've initiated it. Everything before and after this moment is ignored. So you have to hold the input until the character starts doing it, then you're fine.
Thanks a bunch!

dreamhouse

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble with my debug menu. I used it one time to activate frame count, but when I went back to turn it off my debug menu was blank and their was no text shown. I could still scroll threw the menu (i can hear myself scrolling), but I cant see anything.

I've tired deleting my current Melee ISO with the patch applied on it and tried reapplying the patch but that didn't work. I also deleted my Melee ISO completely and found another one online and applied the patch and it still didn't work (I'm using 1.02). I've tired deleting my save file on my memory card and that did not work either.

I'm running 20XX off of my laptop on Dolphin for frame data research. Is my problem occurring because I'm using dolphin and not a console?

Really would appreciate if someone could help me out, I can't find any help online.
Ok so I had the same issue with debug menu being greyed out, tried all the same stuff you have, but I've finally figured it out. For me at least. Go into graphics options and change from OpenGL to Direct3D or one of the other options. This solved it for me 100%.

Yung Clap

Smash Cadet
@ D dreamhouse Hell yeah! It worked for me too! Before I was using two Dolphin Emulators and I had to switch between the two in order to get the debug menu to work. But now I don't have to worry about my menu glitching out and switching to another emulator or download another version. Thanks man.

A.K

Smash Rookie
Hello, i wonder how can i change for example the color of shield and to have no wind on dream land with the debug menu ?? Cause all i can do is skipping the result screen and things like that from the debug menu but i've seen people being able to change and add a lot of things from the debug menu with 20xx because it seems that they have a different one. Thanks if you read that :rolleyes:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Hello, i wonder how can i change for example the color of shield and to have no wind on dream land with the debug menu ?? Cause all i can do is skipping the result screen and things like that from the debug menu but i've seen people being able to change and add a lot of things from the debug menu with 20xx because it seems that they have a different one. Thanks if you read that :rolleyes:
Download the most recent version (from this thread).

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I have a another question i have 20xx melee on Nintendont when i go to debug mode the tournament mode pop ups.
I know i did something wrong i wonder what was it?

(Nevermind I fix it!! :3)

Last edited:

AxRandomxMoment

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know the name of the .dat file for Hacked (Legal) Hyrule Temple? I'm trying to replace its textures.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
The hacked stage is the japanese one. The 'hacked stage list' is actually just force loading the japanese stage list, so it's actually just the name of the japanese hyrule stage.

Whoops

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
The hacked stage is the japanese one. The 'hacked stage list' is actually just force loading the japanese stage list, so it's actually just the name of the japanese hyrule stage.
Wrong, most stages don't have multiple versions for different languages, just a couple do.
Code:
20XX Hacked Stage File Names
Green Greens....GrHr.dat
Past Stages Yoshi's....GrOt.dat
Kongo Jungle......GrCn.dat
Fourside......TyPy.dat
Hyrule......GrVe.dat

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I remember hearing a few months ago about plans to combine the 20XX Hack Pack with SD:Remix 3.2, and was wondering if this plan ever came to fruition? Is there any news on it?

Last edited:

Hellsend

Smash Rookie
I wish there was a way to stop fox shine->wavelanding on wakeup. It makes practicing platform tech chasing harder. If my timing is slightly off, fox shines and airdodges off the platform :/

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, and then hold A out of habit and then get wrecked anyway. If you select Sheik, you shouldn't be able to go back to Zelda by holding A.
Are you gonna complain about everything

Maybe you should only hold A as you select the stage instead

And you're also complaining about getting bodied IN FRIENDLIES for accidentally turning into zelda from sheik(whom I'm sure you haven't even tried selecting on css yet), when you could just go "hey man one sec accidentally held a." Not really a reason to remove a feature.

reddragooooon

Smash Rookie
Hey guys so i did all the steps and got it to work for like 2 weeks, and now when i enter the dios thing from homebrew channel theres no option to press 20xx anymore.. can anyone help?

i didn't change anything the only thing i did was take out my controller lol

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Will someone please - PLEASE - tell me why the cpu is not di'ing or teching randomly. I've rebuilt the iso. I've checked the debug menu. I've scoured the internet. I've been searching for a solution literally for months. I'm incredibly frustrated, please someone give me advice
Yes, I have my controller in port one and yes the cpu is in port 2. In terms of di and teching, the cpu acts like a vanilla melee cpu
PLEASE HELP I'M BEGGING YOU SOMEONE

Doq

Smash Lord
Will someone please - PLEASE - tell me why the cpu is not di'ing or teching randomly. I've rebuilt the iso. I've checked the debug menu. I've scoured the internet. I've been searching for a solution literally for months. I'm incredibly frustrated, please someone give me advice
Yes, I have my controller in port one and yes the cpu is in port 2. In terms of di and teching, the cpu acts like a vanilla melee cpu
PLEASE HELP I'M BEGGING YOU SOMEONE
If you've tried literally everything then you'll have to wait for 4.0.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Wow just installed it and i'm impressed, Especially with the debug options. You can have an omega battlefield like in Sm4sh! its really cool. Good work!

S A D B O Y

Smash Rookie
When i had installed 20XX periods, commas, spaces, etc. (anything that is not a letter pretty much) had been corrupted and makes a bunch of pixel blocks on them?? i have re installed it like 3 times.

Top Bottom