• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
I do think the games won tally is important, especially considering that the removal of the results screen creates trouble in figuring out who won in close matches (i.e. Sudden Death).
Now that you mention that, I like the idea of having a single star which is given to the winner and is moved around when a different player wins (so only the most recent winner has a star and non-one else), rather than multiple stars tallying wins for everyone. That way you could immediately and clearly tell who won if it's ambiguous and the results screen is skipped.

Last edited:

JHar

Smash Rookie
Whenever I load up the 20xx training pack version 4.0 beta on my wii it works great, however, whenever I try using any of the "In-Game code toggles" (besides infinite shield and showing hit/hurt boxes) the cpu just stands still (doesn't recover, jump, or attack at all) as if it was a player port with no controller plugged in. Any help at all is very much appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Now that you mention that, I like the idea of having a single star which is given to the winner and is moved around when a different player wins (so only the most recent winner has a star and non-one else), rather than multiple stars tallying wins for everyone. That way you could tell who won without if it's ambiguous and the results screen is skipped.
maybe if achillies is a True Wizard he could somehow make 2 sets. one as a total tally and one as the one who won last.

totally necessary addition.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
Now that you mention that, I like the idea of having a single star which is given to the winner and is moved around when a different player wins (so only the most recent winner has a star and non-one else), rather than multiple stars tallying wins for everyone. That way you could tell who won without if it's ambiguous and the results screen is skipped.
I love this idea especially because, if this is doable, maybe the star could display winner by percent regardless of who wins Sudden Death. Hopefully it would be easier to modify the conditions for the star than the results screen.

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

Hop

Smash Rookie
I am not sure whether this is a bug or my own incompetence but the 20XX ISO I made only seems to work when I boot it in Dolphin. When I try to start it on my Wii (Using Dios Mios) it boots a vanilla version of Melee. The ISO is 1.02 and like I said I can boot it in 20xx from the SD card. Any suggestions?

Edit: I am a dumbass, issue has been figured out. Remember to actually change the ISO you install on your SD to the Beta.

Last edited:

DPT|Nuisance

Smash Rookie
Alright so the hack pack is great and all, but the CPUs aren't teching like they did in the last 20XX hack pack, they don't shine after getups/techs/getup attacks, they don't jump out of combos, nothing. Is there something I can do to fix this? My friends don't seem to be having this problem, it's just me.

Stride

Smash Ace
Alright so the hack pack is great and all, but the CPUs aren't teching like they did in the last 20XX hack pack, they don't shine after getups/techs/getup attacks, they don't jump out of combos, nothing. Is there something I can do to fix this? My friends don't seem to be having this problem, it's just me.
It's a beta; those things aren't implemented again yet. A lot of features are being completely rewritten, too.

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , would you mind adding a disclaimer about the content missing from the beta right next to the download link, or moving the link to the FAQs there? There have been a huge volume of questions about that content ever since the beta released, which would probably be reduced if everyone basically had to see the disclaimer when they download the file.

Last edited:

TFS | Zeb

Smash Rookie
Regarding the stars for winners, I liked the idea someone earlier had, where if the person rage quitting has 3 or fewer stocks, the star is awarded to the opponent. My brother and I play pretty often but he'll sometimes quit out if we get FD. Similarly, he might quit when I get big, early combos. If you wanted to take it a step further, to keep track of who was just the victor, you could color their stars differently. Maybe a shade of green or something. But yeah, at the least, I think rage quitting should net the opponent a star.

I think this has been asked before but I just want to make sure, Achilles, are you planning on adding Dan's replay and input display features to 4.0? Is this a functionality you could easily port over or would it take a lot of work? I've been playing around a lot with 20XXTE and the replays are insanely helpful, but of course that one is missing crucial training features that I've enjoyed in your 20XX. Thanks!

Stride

Smash Ace
I thought about that too, but my friends have 20XX 4.0 as well, and their CPUs jump out of combos and tech. That's what I find weird...
They still tech; that's been added back in and expanded. If they're not teching then you might have disabled controller spoofing without realising. They don't jump out of hitstun or shine on wakeup yet though.

Either you're wrong about your friends having a 4.xx version, or you're wrong about those features working for them.

DPT|Nuisance

Smash Rookie
They still tech; that's been added back in and expanded. If they're not teching then you might have disabled controller spoofing without realising. They don't jump out of hitstun or shine on wakeup yet though.

Either you're wrong about your friends having a 4.xx version, or you're wrong about those features working for them.
They lied to me.

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
In Menu Song Playlist you can choose "Playtype: Random - Custom Only"
Where do I put these "custom" songs? in the iso? i noticed there are some already from brawl and smash 4 but can i replace them with my own?

also many times the custom songs just stop after like 1 second :(

Last edited:

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
I keep getting the error in the command prompt that its not a vanilla version of melee. I obviously dont know what vanilla means and downloading an iso doesnt seem to be working for me. Anybody know the fix

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
I keep getting the error in the command prompt that its not a vanilla version of melee. I obviously dont know what vanilla means and downloading an iso doesnt seem to be working for me. Anybody know the fix
vanilla means a normal iso of 1.02. if you have 1.0 or 1.1 then you need to get a program that changes your version to 1.02. i forget what it's called though.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
its ok thats normal dont worry

im just showing off all the characters in play in the games thats all haha
All you did was borrow my signature, take a pic of it and edit it by replacing it with penguin photos all over my mains. I either don't understand the joke or you're mocking the amount of mains I have...

D

Deleted member 269706

thanks! btw, is there an infograph for 4.03 beta yet like there was for 3.5?
Not entirely sure. I'm willing to bet that the full 4.0 will be here in a few weeks so it shouldn't be too long of a wait

JipC

Smash Journeyman
For 4.0 L+D-pad left (P2 hold shield) just stops the computer, they just stand there and dont do anything

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
For Skip Results Screen stars when a ragequit happens:
Award the star to the person who dealt the last attack.

One more vote for getup shine to be added in as soon as possible!

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
For Skip Results Screen stars when a ragequit happens:
Award the star to the person who dealt the last attack.

One more vote for getup shine to be added in as soon as possible!
So you would be happy if I have one stock as fox and you have 4 as your main, I shoot a laser, it hits, I rage quit, I get the star?

Go on..

-

Also to whoever is getting trolled...don't feed them

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
So you would be happy if I have one stock as fox and you have 4 as your main, I shoot a laser, it hits, I rage quit, I get the star?

Go on..
I wouldn't really care. It's just a star. If you ragequit after a laser hits just to get an icon, we both know who needs a mental adjustment.

Top Bottom