• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to be a pita but I've looked and I can't find this:

Can someone provide a gecko code that disables the P2 CPU spacies shine WD in place after teching? I want to practice tech chasing spacies on platforms / juggling and they just immediately go through the platform.

Are there instructions on how to disable this functionality? (again sorry to be a pain i love 20xx <3)

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to be a pita but I've looked and I can't find this:

Can someone provide a gecko code that disables the P2 CPU spacies shine WD in place after teching? I want to practice tech chasing spacies on platforms / juggling and they just immediately go through the platform.

Are there instructions on how to disable this functionality? (again sorry to be a pain i love 20xx <3)

Make the cpu player 3 or 4.

bb010g

Smash Cadet
Since you're taking music recommendations, I would recommend Dew Point, Tropic of Cancer, and Surface Tension from the Risk of Rain soundtrack (great game, great soundtrack). The whole album can be previewed here on Bandcamp, and I can get you the raw Oggs from the game if you PM me (should be easier to loop with).

4.0 HYPE!

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Make the cpu player 3 or 4.
Yes but this will cause the CPU to no longer tech randomly. I want the random teching without the guaranteed shine WD in place so that I can tech chase on platforms.

Actually gonna check right now just to make sure im right about 3 and 4 not teching

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
what about the others?
chars like Giga Bowser and Crazy Hand
oh yeah i forgot about them too. if we could somehow get the game to skip back to the CSS after a match with one of the npcs, it should work.

i would love to main wireframe lol

IAmProPAGANda

Smash Cadet
I've got a modchip on my gamecube and was wondering if I could burn a 20xx ISO to a disc and play it on the GameCube hardware?

DanielMota

Smash Rookie
NNID
DanielMota
Could anyone help Me figuring out how I can change the music that's in this? On My SD Card I don't see any sort of music files I can replace and I have no idea of how I am supposed to be doing it. I reaally don't like the added music in here that sounds all techno-ish or like metal music or whatever. I wanna put in My own music!

divekicked

Smash Cadet
Could anyone help Me figuring out how I can change the music that's in this? On My SD Card I don't see any sort of music files I can replace and I have no idea of how I am supposed to be doing it. I reaally don't like the added music in here that sounds all techno-ish or like metal music or whatever. I wanna put in My own music!
There is no new added music in 20XX. You either have randomized music enabled, or you didn't get 20XX from this thread.

Last edited:

DanielMota

Smash Rookie
NNID
DanielMota
There is no new added music in 20XX. You either have randomized music enabled, or you didn't get 20XX from this thread.
Oh, okay then. But would one normally be able to see the game's music as music files if they look within the SD card on a computer? Or is it written in some other format? 'Cause from where I got 20XX from, the files show nothing of Melee sound or costumes or anything.

hidrawlicks

Smash Rookie
My laptop cant run any form of iso rebuilder (gamecuberebuilder or gctool). Any suggestions on a fix/alternative?

hidrawlicks

Smash Rookie
Why can't your laptop run it? Is the OS incompatible? Is there an error message?
the .exe file doesn't exist according to my computer. the GCR normally has the gamecube icon but mine doesnt have it. Every time i try to delete it, it says that it cant find the location

hidrawlicks

Smash Rookie
yes Ive tried redownloading it, downloading different versions, and restarting my comp and all that.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
So that means you did this and it didn't work?:
• Be player 1.
• Press L+R+D-pad up.
Hold whatever input you want the player 2 CPU to spam (not using the C-stick since that doesn't work).
• Wait until it starts spamming it (which will happen 3 seconds after you've pressed L+R+D-pad up).

Sorry if you've already done this and I'm stating the obvious; this question gets asked often by people who haven't read the instructions or the FAQs properly.

Last edited:

JamTheMaster

Smash Rookie
I checked the FAQ and google searched, and I was not able to find a solution to my problem. My apologies if it's been asked before and I'm just being a scrub.

By running 20xx using Dolphin, I keep getting a consistent audio beeping whenever I try running the game. This also happens when I run the vanilla Melee iso, which I just tried now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7G9gRhCSOE&feature=youtu.be is a video I uploaded of me running 20xx. It does not visually lag at all on my side, that's just a result of me resetting my Dolphin settings in an attempt to fix the problem.

Anyone seem to know what's up?

Fox128

Smash Journeyman
One big request I have, which I'm sure would help to practice the OOS/sheildrop game a lot:
Make an option to make characters just shuffle aerials. I don't mean the random shinepressure by Fox. Just have them shuffle an aerial over and over again (Falco's dair would be very suited for this). Or alternatively, have them do fulljump aerials would maybe be even better (so you have time to position yourself under them). And most importantly: While doing do, DON'T have them jump forward (ie not like the current Fox shuffle/shinepressure code), just have them do it in place. This way one could practice to act OOS/sheilddrop against a specific aerial without having to fear that the CP jumps off the platform.

It would be so awesome if you can do this! :)

Last edited:

TRb

Smash Cadet
I don't really know what to tell you. If you are at the CSS, have Fox selected, hit R (the only button being pressed on your controller), and the CSP color doesn't change....then something is wrong with your DOL file. I guess just try remaking the ISO or redownloading the DOL file and importing that over your current one.
Edit: Solved. Sorry

Info here

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , the infinite shield and no knockback code is a good combo, but to really practice for platform cancelled aerials, we should still have the hitlag from landing the attack. Can this be implemented in the future?

Last edited:

UniClown

Smash Rookie
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 as I was practicing with P2 Grab OOS I don't think that it is a frame perfect grab. I am able to do things as sheik vs marth like fair grab which shouldn't work and when grabbing my utilt, the cpu gets hit by the second hit. I'm using 3.02, can anyone confirm this behavior?

MrFluffaWuffakin

Smash Rookie
Alright so this is really frustrating...
I just bought my wii today (finally) and I was super excited to get this hack pack on an actual console instead of using dolphin. I'm following the whole guide (hectohertz') for hacking my wii and putting 20xx on it. Everything was going fine until I got to the part were I had to download the 20xx Melee mod pack on to my mac. I tried downloading it 3 separate times and everytime it would end to soon and say that my file was corrupt when I tried opening it. So I switched to my pc and tried it there but the same thing happened. I switched back to my mac closed everything that would take bandwidth (even went as far as turning off my wifi on my phone) and it finally finished the download!!!! But it isn't a .zip file on my mac and when I click it it ask me what I want to open it with. Obviously it should be a file so I can take the game file and put it onto my sd card. However it isn't even called a .zip it is called: 20XX Melee Mod Pack v3.02 Custom (1).7z on my mac. When I download it to my PC (it ends before it is fully downloaded and is corrupt) it actually is a .zip file.

I've tried 2 different computers and nothing has helped... I'll keep trying it on my pc but my pc has worst connection to my internet than my Mac (plus it doesn't have an sd slot) so I was using my mac throughout the guide. I hope it finally downloads to my pc (if it does I'll update this post), but if it doesn't work I hope there is an alternative step to this so I can finally play.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Alright so this is really frustrating...
I just bought my wii today (finally) and I was super excited to get this hack pack on an actual console instead of using dolphin. I'm following the whole guide (hectohertz') for hacking my wii and putting 20xx on it. Everything was going fine until I got to the part were I had to download the 20xx Melee mod pack on to my mac. I tried downloading it 3 separate times and everytime it would end to soon and say that my file was corrupt when I tried opening it. So I switched to my pc and tried it there but the same thing happened. I switched back to my mac closed everything that would take bandwidth (even went as far as turning off my wifi on my phone) and it finally finished the download!!!! But it isn't a .zip file on my mac and when I click it it ask me what I want to open it with. Obviously it should be a file so I can take the game file and put it onto my sd card. However it isn't even called a .zip it is called: 20XX Melee Mod Pack v3.02 Custom (1).7z on my mac. When I download it to my PC (it ends before it is fully downloaded and is corrupt) it actually is a .zip file.

I've tried 2 different computers and nothing has helped... I'll keep trying it on my pc but my pc has worst connection to my internet than my Mac (plus it doesn't have an sd slot) so I was using my mac throughout the guide. I hope it finally downloads to my pc (if it does I'll update this post), but if it doesn't work I hope there is an alternative step to this so I can finally play.
Don't download the hack pack through any links on the guide. Download the replacement files.zip from the main post and make it yourself from a fresh SSBM v1.02 ISO. Instructions are within the zip.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yes but this will cause the CPU to no longer tech randomly. I want the random teching without the guaranteed shine WD in place so that I can tech chase on platforms.

Actually gonna check right now just to make sure im right about 3 and 4 not teching
Try changing 0x388 in the DOL from 418204e0 to 480004e0. I believe they won't shine ever.

Alternatively, you could be able to change the line before that one from 2c170002 to 2c170001.

This will change the logic from not shining when on a collision link that is grabbable and not drop-throughable (an edge), to not shining when on a collision link that is not-grabbable and drop-throughable (a regular platform).

Last edited:

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Try changing 0x388 in the DOL from 418204e0 to 480004e0. I believe they won't shine ever.

Alternatively, you could be able to change the line before that one from 2c170002 to 2c170001.

This will change the logic from not shining when on a collision link that is grabbable and not drop-throughable (an edge), to not shining when on a collision link that is not-grabbable and drop-throughable (a regular platform).
TY kind sir I'll try this when i get home!

MrFluffaWuffakin

Smash Rookie
Don't download the hack pack through any links on the guide. Download the replacement files.zip from the main post and make it yourself from a fresh SSBM v1.02 ISO. Instructions are within the zip.
Ok so I did what you told me, and I have done this plenty times before. But for some reason it says that my &&systemdata is missing when i try to 'root open' it in gcr but it is clearly in my root folder...... I spent like an hour just downloading skins so i'm not sure if any of those files are the reasons why this is happening. What do I do?

Update: I still want to know the answer to the above bc I want all of the skins I downloaded on 20xx. But I had an extra 20xx.iso so I figured I would go ahead and try out the rest of the guide so I can play some friggen melee. Unfortunately after I got done with everything my iso wasn't in dios mios. I made a folder on my sd card called games and put the .iso into that folder. Is that correct?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Ok so I did what you told me, and I have done this plenty times before. But for some reason it says that my &&systemdata is missing when i try to 'root open' it in gcr but it is clearly in my root folder...... I spent like an hour just downloading skins so i'm not sure if any of those files are the reasons why this is happening. What do I do?

Update: I still want to know the answer to the above bc I want all of the skins I downloaded on 20xx. But I had an extra 20xx.iso so I figured I would go ahead and try out the rest of the guide so I can play some friggen melee. Unfortunately after I got done with everything my iso wasn't in dios mios. I made a folder on my sd card called games and put the .iso into that folder. Is that correct?
So you can't even just extract the ISO root folder, and then close GCR, open it back up, and then open your root folder up again? Without replacing any files, that is.

Make sure you are putting the DOL file in the correct location.

The ISO should be put in:
SD:games/GALE01/game.iso

MrFluffaWuffakin

Smash Rookie
So you can't even just extract the ISO root folder, and then close GCR, open it back up, and then open your root folder up again? Without replacing any files, that is.

Make sure you are putting the DOL file in the correct location.

The ISO should be put in:
SD:games/GALE01/game.iso
Correct, and I put the start.dol file into the &&sytemdata.

I'll put my iso into the gale01 folder thx hopefully that will atleast work for now! Would still like to have the skins on my hack pack though! (I tried it on mac and pc with 2 different .iso files and it had the same exact problem. Could it be one of my skins that I downloaded possibly; I pretty much had a skin for every character and color besides a few and all of the tourney legal stages?

Update: also I did what you said with putting my 20xx iso file into the gale01 inside the games folder and it still doesn't work. It goes to the dios mios logo and then it black screens (i waited for a solid minute). Is it bc I am moving my 20xx iso over from my pc to my mac via usb (because my tower does not have an sd port)?

Update Update: Oh and i just re-read your last post and yes I did extract the Meleev1.02.iso and then I didn't replace anything and rooted it and it still had the &&systemdata missing.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@SwiftNinjaBlackMan
20XX PAL Character File Names:
(can replace with any custom character file)
Code:
TyPit.dat....... PAL Marth (PlMs.dat)
ItCo.dat........ PAL Fox (PlFx.dat)
TyVirus.dat... PAL Falcon (PlCa.dat)
TyWario.dat. PAL Sheik (PlSk.dat)
TyOni.dat..... PAL Falco (PlFc.dat)

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Achilles, would you mind posting the .dol offsets for the altered CPU DI on throws? If possible I want to reduce the chances of hard DI to the sides increase the chances of upwards DI and slightly horizontal DI for chainthrow practice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom