• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Zef

Smash Ace
We play 20XX on netplay plenty, it works fine. You probably built the iso wrong or have some AR codes on in Dolphin.
you might be right, i did try compiling it two different times and both times if i didn't have the global netplay settings on it wouldn't unlock all the characters or anything, any idea why?

CeLL

Smash Lord
you might be right, i did try compiling it two different times and both times if i didn't have the global netplay settings on it wouldn't unlock all the characters or anything, any idea why?
My guess would be that you didn't put Start.dol in the &&systemdata folder.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Do all CPU levels have random DI? Or better yet, what level should I set the CPU to?

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Getting a lot of music bugs (it'll start playing then stop after a few seconds) and just now I was playing All-Star, on Pokefloat vs Jiggs, she gets hit near the base of Squirtles left arm, her model starts spazzing out and then the game freezes
I guess i'm just gonna have to remake the iso and hope for the best?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Do all CPU levels have random DI? Or better yet, what level should I set the CPU to?
They all randomly DI the same.

Getting a lot of music bugs (it'll start playing then stop after a few seconds) and just now I was playing All-Star, on Pokefloat vs Jiggs, she gets hit near the base of Squirtles left arm, her model starts spazzing out and then the game freezes
I guess i'm just gonna have to remake the iso and hope for the best?
Are you playing on Dolphin or Wii? Yeah, I would try remaking the ISO from a vanilla 1.02.
Does the frame counter count first jump and double jump separately? For example, if I wanted to try to work on DJC Fair, I'd set three percents to cover first jump, double jump, and fair, correct?
Yes, they have different action states. It sounds like you have the right idea.

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Are you playing on Dolphin or Wii? Yeah, I would try remaking the ISO from a vanilla 1.02.
Wii
Also to whoever posted 20XX Installer 3.03 v2.0.0 Beta, Nintendont "loads" it then the screen just stays black and nothing happens. I renamed it to game.iso too, I dont think gcm works on Nintendont

Kati

Smash Lord
yes the faster versions of the mario songs make me avoid random music.

MrThundershock

Smash Rookie
Ok so I've gotten far into the process but Im stuck because when I try to open up the "root" folder after replacing the files, it says Users/appleuser/Downloads/root/GrCn.usd not found. How can I fix this? Thanks.

JoeyS

Smash Rookie
When I go to the wad folder in MMM their is nothing there, so I can't install them. I've installed IOS236 mutiple times and still, nothing.

Meru

Smash Cadet
My 20xx works perfectly. At least it did day 1. Now, the debug menu doesn't come up with anything. It's just blank, with the grey box in the top leftish. It doesn't say anything, and pressing "b" just sends me to the title screen. What can I do?

Mc Phillis

Smash Rookie
I've seen on some thread that to prevent lightshielding, you can hold the shoulder button while plugging your controller.
I'm playing on my 20xx wii and it doesn't work, no matter what I do while plugging it, it remains normal.
Is it possible to do it on 20xx?

Doq

Smash Lord
Wii
Also to whoever posted 20XX Installer 3.03 v2.0.0 Beta, Nintendont "loads" it then the screen just stays black and nothing happens. I renamed it to game.iso too, I dont think gcm works on Nintendont
There are some problems with the installer that completely destroys the output ISO. I don't recommend using it until I find a better method of injection.

Aelo

Smash Rookie
I have a couple of questions regarding the newest update:
- Since toggleable alternate costumes have been available, I was never able to get the Red Captain Falcon alternate costume working. All the other ones work perfectly. Is there any way to actually fix that? Even on the latest update, whenever I run the hack pack on my Wii it just doesn't work.
- While we are on the subject of alternate costumes: are there any plans to give alternate costumes to the rest of the characters? I would love to have more variety available. I'm just wondering, it would be an amazing little touch.
- The alternate Pokemon Stadium with no transformations shows a blue design on the SSS Stage Preview which is amazing, way better than the original green color. The thing is, just like the Falcon Red Alternate costume, the stage just loads the default design whenever I select it. Is there any way to fix that? Am I doing something wrong.
- Is there a way to force the CPU to start the match as Shiek and continue to play as Shiek until the end of the match. This might be a newbie question but I would really like to know. Shiek is the character I struggle the most so I want to have the option to practice on her as my personal punching bag.
- Finally, BEAST 5 featured its own Melee Build with nifty designs, custom colors, custom text, an amazing looking CSS and SSS, and many additional details. My question is, are things like this planned at all for future releases of the hack pack?

That's all. Thanks in advance to whoever can help me with these. And great job on the hack pack. Such a small detail like turning off the screen rumble really improves gameplay and I'm loving all the cool additions in terms of style and gameplay options.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
- Since toggleable alternate costumes have been available, I was never able to get the Red Captain Falcon alternate costume working. All the other ones work perfectly. Is there any way to actually fix that? Even on the latest update, whenever I run the hack pack on my Wii it just doesn't work.
That will be fixed next update.
- While we are on the subject of alternate costumes: are there any plans to give alternate costumes to the rest of the characters? I would love to have more variety available. I'm just wondering, it would be an amazing little touch.
Again next update.
- The alternate Pokemon Stadium with no transformations shows a blue design on the SSS Stage Preview which is amazing, way better than the original green color. The thing is, just like the Falcon Red Alternate costume, the stage just loads the default design whenever I select it. Is there any way to fix that? Am I doing something wrong.
Same as red Falcon alt costume.
- Is there a way to force the CPU to start the match as Shiek and continue to play as Shiek until the end of the match. This might be a newbie question but I would really like to know. Shiek is the character I struggle the most so I want to have the option to practice on her as my personal punching bag.
Press Z over Zelda with your token, then move the CPU's token onto Sheik. Whenever she tries to transform she will teleport to the stage.

Aelo

Smash Rookie
That will be fixed next update.

Again next update.

Same as red Falcon alt costume.

Press Z over Zelda with your token, then move the CPU's token onto Sheik. Whenever she tries to transform she will teleport to the stage.
Awesome, thanks for the information. More reasons to look forward to the next updated version.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
You should just try rebuilding your iso, thats a common issue but I've never gotten it.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
You should just try rebuilding your iso, thats a common issue but I've never gotten it.
It's not a function of the ISO itself. If Aelo ran the ISO in Dolphin, red C. Falc and Blue PS would work. It has something to with the USB/SD device and/or the program that is loading the ISO. It works for some people, but not for others and I'm not sure exactly why.

Doq

Smash Lord
It's not a function of the ISO itself. If Aelo ran the ISO in Dolphin, red C. Falc and Blue PS would work. It has something to with the USB/SD device and/or the program that is loading the ISO. It works for some people, but not for others and I'm not sure exactly why.
Possibly the filename used? Instead of trophies, you used PlCaRe.dat and GrPs.dat. That may have some precidence in why it's not working on some boxes. The language setting might be overriding the filename swap to always load usds.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Would changing the game id to GALEXX (or whatever) in the next official release cause any issues? I ask because a lot of people who netplay are unaware that you desync if you have both melee and 20xx in the same directory with the same game id and it's annoying to keep having to tell people this.

Acryte

Smash Ace
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Is there any plan to implement a counter for number of inputs from when you get grabbed until when you break out? That way we can know and improve our grab breaking to 20XX levels?

Hello im very new to the community and found this to help me get better, but I have a problem. When i downloaded an iso of melee, i ended the file name with .iso but it shows up as a disc file and idk what to do :[.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Hello im very new to the community and found this to help me get better, but I have a problem. When i downloaded an iso of melee, i ended the file name with .iso but it shows up as a disc file and idk what to do :[.
It's just what program windows has associated with the ISO filetype. What you have is fine.

Aelo

Smash Rookie
I can confirm this. I have played the 20XX Hack Pack on Dolphin when I was working on stage and texture hacks, so I could quickly check how textures looked once they were included in the .iso file. There, Pokemon Stadium (No Transforations) showed the blue colored stage perfectly, no bugs nor glitches.

I discovered this thread and the actual Hack Pack since v2.07 and have, since then followed every update up to this point. However, since then I had problems with the stage not showing correctly and later, when alternate textures were added I noticed Falcon's Red Color wasn't showing at all.

I use DIOS MIOS to load my .iso files and I run the program via USB. Are there any other options that actually work better?

Ray_Rages

Not even mad
I use DIOS MIOS to load my .iso files and I run the program via USB. Are there any other options that actually work better?
After Dios Mios Lite stopped loading the Blue PK I switched to Nintendont. Essentially it has all the same features as Dios Mios (plus some more) and it gets updated more often and has an in-app updater.

Last edited:

Aelo

Smash Rookie
After Dios Mios Lite stopped loading the Blue PK I switched to Nintendont. Essentially it has all the same features as Dios Mios (plus some more) and it gets updated more often and has an in-app updater.
I'll try it tomorrow. I have heard a lot of positive things regarding Nintendon't and I think it's time for me to check them out by myself. Plus, the Blue Pokemon Stadium is really worth all the effort. Thanks for the suggestion.

Well it seems i have ran into another problem, i have downloaded the homebrew channel and am trying to load bootmii for downloading usb loader, but when i try to click on the "launch bootmii" option on homebrew channel my screen goes black and wont do anything, my wiimotes disconnect and wont reconnect so i have to turn off my wii by holding the power button.

mooki

Smash Apprentice
It also cuts out background music all the time. (I've tried different versions as well.)

Aelo

Smash Rookie
It also cuts out background music all the time. (I've tried different versions as well.)
Went through a lot of troubles regarding my Wii data and had to update and downgrade many things from my console just to make Nintendon't work, but the result was REALLY worth it. Combined by the wicked fast loading times from the IOS it needs to actually run at all, transitions are smooth and EVERYTHING inside the 20XX Hack Pack works perfectly. No bugs, no missing skins or stage textures. Definetely 10/10 best way to play the Hack Pack, would download again. Thanks again for the heads up, I would probably continue to use DIOS MIOS if it wasn't for your replies.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
I can't get Nintendont to make my controller disable the light shield (plugging my controller while holding R). Is that something not possible to do or I miss something? Because I'm 100% sure I can do that with Dios Mios.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I can't get Nintendont to make my controller disable the light shield (plugging my controller while holding R). Is that something not possible to do or I miss something? Because I'm 100% sure I can do that with Dios Mios.
I think what we've deduced is that Nintendont handles controller inputs in a different way than normal.

- Like you said, the light shield disable trick does not work with it.
- Apparently, some aspect of shield dropping is disabled/harder

It seems like the analog inputs are gathered in a different manner or something. I've never used Nintendont myself, just word from the grapevine.

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Went through a lot of troubles regarding my Wii data and had to update and downgrade many things from my console just to make Nintendon't work, but the result was REALLY worth it. Combined by the wicked fast loading times from the IOS it needs to actually run at all, transitions are smooth and EVERYTHING inside the 20XX Hack Pack works perfectly. No bugs, no missing skins or stage textures. Definetely 10/10 best way to play the Hack Pack, would download again. Thanks again for the heads up, I would probably continue to use DIOS MIOS if it wasn't for your replies.
Oh, I was actually referring to Nintendont when I said it cuts out background music all the time. I'm still surprised more people don't mention that.

Last edited:

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
Hi everyone. I've had a problem for a /while/ where when I try to load the iso through dios mios it just.. gives me a green screen. What can I do to fix this? am I ****ed?

I have tried rebuilding my ISO and completely rehacking my wii.

My wii also does not have a working disc drive.

and no, I don't have money for a new one.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
I think what we've deduced is that Nintendont handles controller inputs in a different way than normal.

- Like you said, the light shield disable trick does not work with it.
- Apparently, some aspect of shield dropping is disabled/harder

It seems like the analog inputs are gathered in a different manner or something. I've never used Nintendont myself, just word from the grapevine.
Old versions of Nintendont and the default setting for newer versions implement the input itself, which probably causes this. Enable Native Input (or something similar) and it'll use the real, actual input handling method that should work fine.

Top Bottom