• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Audos

Smash Apprentice
Idea for a possible future patch: The ability to have the com performing one replay, but a trigger could change it into another replay. For example, set a peach to float and try to fair at you in the corner as the normal replay, but if you were to laser her, she will waveland back out of stun. If you didn't laser her, she would complete the full replay as normal.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Is there any way to switch from 4.05 to 4.07++ with keeping all my personal skins?

Kirbyfan360

Smash Rookie
NNID
SplatFan54
Is it possible that you can slam it all to an ISO like how you did with the other 20XX versions?
I keep extracting but it will not work.

Help!
I want to use the Fire Mario skin but I do not know how?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kodu02

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to make a better training mode with a new look and options like in street fighter ( the newest one)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Try this. Let me know if it works.

You should be keeping all your personal costume files in a separate folder. So anytime a new 20XX version is released, you can just copy and paste/overwrite the downloaded root files.
Which file in 20XX would I save?

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately my setup is acting up again with the same issue as before (prior page) and one apparently several people are now dealing with. It was working just fine when I played on it last but I haven't touched it in about a week because of work.

I tried killing the power like last time hoping for a reset fix, but no dice. When I turned the power back on I got a "memory card is corrupted" message.

Is switching to Nintendont the only sure-fire way to fix the problem?

Last edited:

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
I tried killing the power like last time hoping for a reset fix, but no dice. When I turned the power back on I got a "memory card is corrupted" message.
Is switching to Nintendont the only sure-fire way to fix the problem?
It's kind of a spit in our face when you ask for advice which you've ignored, even though we've given you great reasons not to in addition to the issues with DM you're experiencing on your own. Like I said before, there's no switch to be made. DM and Nintendont can coexist, and if you're using a real memory card, Nintendont will load from the same memory card DM did. Don't you think it's at least worth a shot?
As far as your memory card goes, take it out, blow into it like an old game cartridge, blow into the memory card slot, and try 'er again.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , do you think it's possible to use the same code that powers the magic behind Rainbow FD, to give Game and Watch an L-alt that does the same thing with his color?

Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
It's kind of a spit in our face when you ask for advice which you've ignored, even though we've given you great reasons not to in addition to the issues with DM you're experiencing on your own. Like I said before, there's no switch to be made. DM and Nintendont can coexist, and if you're using a real memory card, Nintendont will load from the same memory card DM did. Don't you think it's at least worth a shot?
As far as your memory card goes, take it out, blow into it like an old game cartridge, blow into the memory card slot, and try 'er again.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , do you think it's possible to use the same code that powers the magic behind Rainbow FD, to give Game and Watch an L-alt that does the same thing with his color?
Look at the melee textures thread... (A very recent post) :)

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
I'm not trying to spit in anyone's face or ignore good advice. As I said before, my setup has worked completely as intended for the better part of a year, over multiple versions of 20XX, before this issue arose, so if anything I assumed it's an issue I brought on myself by tinkering in the settings too much. Especially when resetting fixed the issue last time.

But yeah, I'll dump DM. Thanks.

divekicked

Smash Cadet
How do you make use of the 4th SSS? There doesn't seem to be dummy stages/files that you can just replace right?

Edit: Let me rephrase in a more specific way, this is assuming SSS 4 is using the same files as SSS 1

How do i make SSS 4 use new files that i've injected into the iso?

Last edited:

SIGMA_sigma

Smash Rookie
How To Add HPS Files to 20XX 4.0
(this requires GCR and rebuilding the ISO with checking "do not use game.toc")

This is current last song 20XX 4.0 Beta01.

But we can add more!

1) Obtain an HPS file of your liking.
2) As shown in the above screenshot, the last named file is 68.hps. We are adding another one. So increment the HPS name counter by one. In this example, I would rename my HPS file 69.hps. (The numbers are in hex. So after 69 comes 6A, then 6B, .... , then 6F, then 70, etc.)
NOTE: Letters within the file name ARE capitalized!

3) Extract a root folder of your 20XX 4.0 ISO with GCR (at this point, you should probably just have a "master 20XX root" on your desktop or something).
4) Navigate into the "audio" folder and paste 69.hps

5) In your 20XX root folder, open MnSlChr.usd in a hex editor.
Go to offset 0x003edda8. This is a table of pointers. You don't really need to know what these actually do, but just go down to the very end and add one more entry (because you are adding one song). For your new entry, take the last entry and subtract 0x20.​

6) Now we need to add the song name ASCII text that will appear in the debug menu. In the step above, your new entry was "0x80fd9da0". Subtract 0x80bec720 from the new entry value. (In this example, 0x80fd9da0 - 0x80bec720 = 003ed680). Take the result and go to the offset in MnSlChr.usd.

7) Add your song name (ASCII to hex conversion). 31 character max.

8) Save MnSlChr.usd. Rebuild 20XX 4.0 ISO with GCR while checking "do not use game.toc".
9) Major profit.

Yes, you can go all the way up to FF.hps.
Hey Achilles,

This guide no longer seems to be applicable to 4.07++ since this version no longer has the MnSlChr.usd file present.

Where are the song titles of the custom hps files stored now? I want to know because I've replaced all the custom hps files you have with my own personal custom ones, but I obviously want to edit the names so that the song titles show up as accurate in the debug menu and not just display the names you had set. It'd also be useful to know for when I need to add more songs.

Last edited:

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Hey Achilles,

This guide no longer seems to be applicable to 4.07++ since this version no longer has the MnSlChr.usd file present.

Where are the song titles of the custom hps files stored now? I want to know because I've replaced all the custom hps files you have with my own personal custom ones, but I obviously want to edit the names so that the song titles show up as accurate in the debug menu and not just display the names you had set. It'd also be useful to know for when I need to add more songs.
Now you have to edit the names in both MnSlChr.0sd and MnSlChr.1sd. It's the same process, but now you have to do it twice

SIGMA_sigma

Smash Rookie
Now you have to edit the names in both MnSlChr.0sd and MnSlChr.1sd. It's the same process, but now you have to do it twice
Oh wow they're all there in both files, I checked earlier but guess I didn't look hard enough. It was even in the same offset as before. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sprenzy

Smash Apprentice
I have a really crazy idea

Okay so instead of having to record the replay by going through the developer modes and making sure that the frames are correct howbout we make some kind of program that kinda like mario maker where you can
-literally choose which move your attacked by and which di or sdi you choose
you can put this at any place in the stage where the move is possible, you can also adjust the percentage

for example if you want to practice fox vs fox near the ledge weak back air to armada shine you can just set it up like moving fox to a full hop position right next to some other character set the attack to register weak bair then unfreeze the time or then you can practice your armada shine.

I'm not sure you'd understand this but I think it is far superior to the replay mechanic having to set up each move frame by frame whereas you can literally just position the players using your mouse of course where possible

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
I know Achilles was talking about it at one point, I'm not exactly sure what he said.
It's already in 4.07++ I think, at least something very similar is.

HillustratedJ36

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MIKE#274
It's already in 4.07++ I think, at least something very similar is.
The Smash Turn? That pretty much describes the dashback issue UCF addresses...and it's been implemented since v4.07.

...But if I wonder with UCF active and also the Smash Turn mechanic enabled, will the window double to 4 frames, or cancel each other out and just do 2 frames?

BxSouljah

Smash Rookie
I have the 4.07 ISO on a modded Wii. Anyone know why the settings reset and won't save whenever I turn off the console?

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
The only other thing I cannot figure out is how to get the CPU to stay in infinite shields (or do a Nair/Grab after their shield has been hit).
First you'll want to make sure you have the 20XX in-game toggles on. Start a game with whatever CPU you want to practice shield pressure on. Press the Start button. Press right on the D-pad twice so that 20XX toggles are turned on and Develop toggles are turned off. Now press down on the D-pad. A menu should pop up. Press R to go from your character to the CPU. Change the CPU type to "20XX." If the CPU is set as Player 2 or 3 they will automatically be 20XX type. Player 4 is automatically set to "Normalish." Now set the 20XX CPU type setting to "Shield - Hold." Press down on the D-pad to dismiss the menu. Press Start to return to the game. At this point you will want to press A and D-pad Down at the same time to enable infinite shields (you will hear a confirmation sound). Congratulations, you can now practice pressure against infinite shields!

In order to get the CPU to act out of shield you will need to go to Debug Menu -> CPU codes, and on that page you will find OoS options and frame timings. Go back into to the game and access the menu like last time. Change 20XX CPU type to "Shield -OoS." Congratulations, you can now practice counter-shield pressure!

HillustratedJ36

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MIKE#274
To be clear, there are two parts to UCF at the moment. One addresses dashback, and the other shield drops (when using the Axe/Sung method). The first is in 20XXHP already, as mentioned, but the latter hasn't been added yet.
Okay, I am very sorry if I caused any confusion about UCF.

ntb213

Smash Rookie
When I launch it in Dolphin, in this case Faster Melee, I get to the character select screen and I can't move anything. Nothing with a mouse or keyboard or my GameCube controller. I've gone through steps to make my GameCube Controller Adapter work with Dolphin. The music still plays and I can click ESC to close Dolphin. Any idea what the problem is? Sorry if this is a stupid mistake, just starting using Dolphin and 20xx!

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
When I launch it in Dolphin, in this case Faster Melee, I get to the character select screen and I can't move anything. Nothing with a mouse or keyboard or my GameCube controller. I've gone through steps to make my GameCube Controller Adapter work with Dolphin. The music still plays and I can click ESC to close Dolphin. Any idea what the problem is? Sorry if this is a stupid mistake, just starting using Dolphin and 20xx!
Check Dolphin's controller settings. :)

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
I keep a spiral notebook next to my setup so that I can quickly jot down ideas and get back to the grind. Over the weeks I've written down a couple ideas for your guys' consideration for future versions of 20XX. These are mostly aesthetic changes but I'd love to know what you think.

• Being able to view the current song title / file name in-game when you pause.
  • Hold Start to pause.
  • On/off toggle for "Crowd Cheer" in the Debug Menu.
  • SSS upon loading displays only the selected stages from the random stage list.
  • Change the look of the timer from 08:00:00 to 8:00:00 for minutes 1-9.*
*I promise I'm not trying to be a special snowflake with this one lol. I use 20XX's in-game HUD options (PAL stock icon size, small %, small timer, etc) to play without the "clutter" on the screen, and in that same vein I was thinking the other day that since the tournament timer is always less than 10 minutes, that first zero is kinda just a useless placeholder.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I keep a spiral notebook next to my setup so that I can quickly jot down ideas and get back to the grind.
Nice, I like this dedication.
  • Being able to view the current song title / file name in-game when you pause.
The main problem with implementing this is the song name data is stored in the Character Select Screen file, which is no longer loaded in RAM while in a match. I would need to move the ASCII song name data out of the MnSlChr file and into the DOL, but the whole reason why I placed it in MnSlChr to begin with (along with all the other Debug Menu data) is to save the "free space" in the DOL for assembly code for new features and things which have greater weight. I do like this idea, though, so maybe I can think of a workaround in the future or just seriously consider putting it in the DOL...but it is not a priority at the moment.
  • Hold Start to pause.
This is already implemented if Pause is OFF.
  • On/off toggle for "Crowd Cheer" in the Debug Menu.
I'll put this on the list of things to add for next version.
  • SSS upon loading displays only the selected stages from the random stage list.
I've never been too fond of adding this into the Hack Pack for the following reasons.
1) You can press Start on the CSS and then hold Y during loading to strike all the toggled off stages immediately.
2) You can press Y anytime on the SSS to strike all the toggled off stages.
3) It indirectly deters people from thinking about/playing on all the new stages added to the Hack Pack. Even though they are not tournament legal, I encourage everyone to play on them every now and then to keep the Melee experience fresh and interesting.

It makes more sense for something like 20XXTE, although I could make this an option in the Debug Menu or something.
  • Change the look of the timer from 08:00:00 to 8:00:00 for minutes 1-9.
This one had me interested. Please test this code:
Code:
$Timer HUD - Hide leading zero with match timer < 10:00 (1.02) [Achilles]
C22F4450 00000007
7FC3F378 80830010
80840008 80840008
80840008 80840008
3CC08047 80A6B6C8
38C00008 2C050258
40800008 38C00000
B0C40014 00000000

Sticksandstones_32

Smash Rookie
If you're asking "Can 20XX be contaned and loaded within a save file similar to the way 20XXTE is?", I'm afraid not. 20XX is a whole new disc image, full of modified and new files and content. The modifications made are impossible to execute to a vanilla Melee disc through an exploit. You'll have to somehow hack your GameCube to run .iso files if you wish to run this on a GameCube. 20XXTE, however, can easily be run on any GameCube with a memory card that includes its file.

Top Bottom