• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
This might be a dumb thing to mention, but the L Custom on Red Kirby causes Dolphin to crash when selected. Any way to fix this?
They're a few costumes that crash the game on console as well, I assume they're just bugged. Hell, some of costumes don't even work at all! But, I assume it'll be fixed soon.

DRGN

Technowizard
I understand that v1.00 is more balanced, but nobody ever uses that version otherwise when playing. I guess I'm more confused as to why you'd make the balanced version the default when it's not the most common/pretty much only version used. Same reasons you have it set to NTSC instead of PAL as default. PAL may be more balanced, but it's much more common to use NTSC. If you're going to train/practice using v1.00, then play v1.02 in tournament, it's going to be a little weird, and the training won't be as effective. Same reason people don't use SDRemix as a means to practice. Just because ganon can upb out of sideb in that version doesn't mean practicing with it is going to help in the future on v1.02.

I guess it's just a matter of preference. I think, logically, it would make more sense to keep the default hitlag setting what the default and most common setting would be outside of the 20XX mod.
I understand your view. You've got a good point if this is to be considered only as a training tool, but I think it's more than that. (Also, I wouldn't say nobody ever uses 1.00. If they can, mains of certain characters will request their matches to be played on specific setups specifically because they have v1.00. Some players will even bring their own setup to ensure v1.00 is there.) Mods have been entering smashfests and tournament scenes at an ever-increasing rate, due to increasing accessibility and exposure. Thus, so is the likelihood that tournament matches will be played on something where the hitlag behavior is dependent on the community's choice rather than on what's physically available. Especially when 20XX TE comes out, since consoles won't even need to be hacked! When people start catching on to just how easy it is to save recordings of any of their own matches, it will be everywhere. So in the past I might have just fully agreed with you, as 20XX or other mods were in the minority. But going forward, I don't think that'll be the case. And I don't think that which was common-place before, or even now, should be the determining factor (otherwise that's just cyclical, to do something simply because that's how it's been done). Personally, I think if it's possible to spread the existence of v1.00 hitlag, it would make for a better metagame and game overall. In terms of transition: it's a small thing, and in the uncommon situations where people notice the differences with certain things, I don't think it would take people long to figure it out and adjust. Most people won't even notice, and wont care. In the long run: I think those who do know of it and understand it would probably welcome it, if they objectively care about the game's balance. And probably an overwhelming majority of those that actually play the characters it affects would definitely welcome it. Those are my thoughts anyway.

This might be a dumb thing to mention, but the L Custom on Red Kirby causes Dolphin to crash when selected. Any way to fix this?
This should be fixed in Beta02 already, as with a few other things. So you can upgrade to that if you want to fix that or test that it's fixed.

alpha_leonis

Smash Cadet
I didn't see a post for this earlier, but is there a way that you could make the metal skin toggle in the debug menu? also turn off all the characters that already had the skin on? EDIT: Actually is there a way you could do this for all of the texture hack options with in the debug menu? I think it would be beneficial to be able to do this for tournament use.

for example if you follow this path:
change character to metal>turn metal skins off>play match
the character will stay metal for every match and every player playing that character until you go back to the debug menu, turn metal skins back on, and then turn the skin off on that character and then turn metal skins back off again.

what I would like is:
change character to metal>turn metal skins off through debug>play match with out metal skins no matter what.

Last edited:

Chawinyaw

Smash Cadet
I didn't see a post for this earlier, but is there a way that you could make the metal skin toggle in the debug menu? also turn off all the characters that already had the skin on? EDIT: Actually is there a way you could do this for all of the texture hack options with in the debug menu? I think it would be beneficial to be able to do this for tournament use.

the character will stay metal for every match and every player playing that character until you go back to the debug menu, turn metal skins back on, and then turn the skin off on that character and then turn metal skins back off again.

what I would like is:
change character to metal>turn metal skins off through debug>play match with out metal skins no matter what.
Maybe to turn off all skins/metal/DX have it to where you hold L+R on the CSS? (Or pretty much reset it to the default?)

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
So in the past I might have just fully agreed with you, as 20XX or other mods were in the minority. But going forward, I don't think that'll be the case. And I don't think that which was common-place before, or even now, should be the determining factor (otherwise that's just cyclical, to do something simply because that's how it's been done).
In tournament, you're going to want the default ruleset. Anything from v1.00 is not part of the default ruleset. Players who wish to play using such are more than free to do so outside of tournament, or maybe even gentleman and agree to play using it. But for the 99% of the community that doesn't want it...either their opinion should be weighed in on for the default choice, or there should be warnings that make such apparent. As it is, it's hidden away in the debug menu, which many players don't even bother checking through. Even for those who do, it's likely that they'd just assume v1.02 is the default and not check.

I understand the desire to spread v1.00 hitlag as something unique and underused, but v1.00 is a different game, and should be treated as such. Pairing a well-known product with another that isn't as popular for advertisement appealing to the same audience makes perfect sense...but this is not the case. It is not being openly advertised. It would not appeal to the audience in tournament, as it is against the rules. And without proper justification, it should be addressed.

Personally, I think if it's possible to spread the existence of v1.00 hitlag, it would make for a better metagame and game overall. In terms of transition: it's a small thing, and in the uncommon situations where people notice the differences with certain things, I don't think it would take people long to figure it out and adjust. Most people won't even notice, and wont care. In the long run: I think those who do know of it and understand it would probably welcome it, if they objectively care about the game's balance. And probably an overwhelming majority of those that actually play the characters it affects would definitely welcome it. Those are my thoughts anyway.
I'll admit to not remembering what the differences were, but the fact that it changes anything at all from the standard is a negative. This coming from a PM player who has been struggling to settle on a Melee character that fits for...coming up 2 years now lol. I'd love for tournament-legal Melee to get rebalanced to any extent, but that's just not what the actual overwhelming majority wants (whether they think it's "worse" or unrealistic to pull off). And since tournament rulesets are based off of majority opinion, they make the final call.

This should be fixed in Beta02 already, as with a few other things. So you can upgrade to that if you want to fix that or test that it's fixed.
Achilles stated that it was intentional. No explanation was given (which is fine, we're all busy people lol), hence the confusion.

Last edited:

Magus420

Smash Master
1.00, 1.01, and 1.02 are the default NTSC ruleset. These versions are all played interchangeably (1.01 being the least common, and 1.02 being the most between being the greatest hits version and 1.02 being the most popular iso, its popularity further increased by 20XX itself), as the updates are in physical disc form rather than software patches. In fact, the most common rule I've seen over the years regarding game version is that if either player requests playing on 1.00 and conditions allow, 1.00 is played.

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I can understand that, but I'd imagine the compromise was made only because it'd be a pain to validate the version of every setup. If that was the reasoning (idk), in this situation where we are able to control it, why not do so? And why use v1.00 hitlag/SDI when everything else in the 20XX build is set to v1.02? Now that I know tournament rules dismiss it, I don't personally mind as much...but why not just set it v1.02 for the sake of consistency in version features?

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
And why use v1.00 hitlag/SDI when everything else in the 20XX build is set to v1.02?
I haven't tested it, but I believe it's meant to be a global change. Is there somewhere you've seen it different than what it's set to? I'm pretty sure that would be a bug.

Also, validating the version on each setup could be a pain even if it's user-determined. Especially if the setting is saved.

For one of your points, [in a general sense] I really don't like the idea that anything should be done solely because that's how it has been in the past. More consideration than that is a must. Otherwise, for example, legal-stage lists (an aspect of the ruleset that has probably had the longest-running fluctuation) wouldn't have been able to come to what they are today. Not to say that that aspect either is or is not perfect, only that it can -and should be able to- change, particularly if it benefits the metagame.

Achilles stated that it was intentional. No explanation was given (which is fine, we're all busy people lol), hence the confusion.
With this, I think you confused the statement you were responding to to be related to the hitlag debate. But there was another quote, where I was responding to Stel_2Dank about one of Kirby's red costumes (PlKbRe.lat) having been accidentally left out in Beta01.

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I haven't tested it, but I believe it's meant to be a global change. Is there somewhere you've seen it different than what it's set to? I'm pretty sure that would be a bug.

Also, validating the version on each setup could be a pain even if it's user-determined. Especially if the setting is saved.

For one of your points, [in a general sense] I really don't like the idea that anything should be done solely because that's how it has been in the past. More consideration than that is a must. Otherwise, for example, legal-stage lists (an aspect of the ruleset that has probably had the longest-running fluctuation) wouldn't have been able to come to what they are today. Not to say that that aspect either is or is not perfect, only that it can -and should be able to- change, particularly if it benefits the metagame.
As I've said, I'm not well-versed in how v1.00 SDI/hitlag works at all. I've gone over my reasons based on ruleset, but I wouldn't be able to offer much more than hypothetical situations if we're going into specifics.

With this, I think you confused the statement you were responding to to be related to the hitlag debate. But there was another quote, where I was responding to Stel_2Dank about one of Kirby's red costumes (PlKbRe.lat) having been accidentally left out in Beta01.
Nope: clicky. I had snipped some bits out in my quote, but if you follow the quote link back to Achilles' post, you can see that he was answering two questions at the same time. The first concerned the SDI/hitlag. The second was completely irrelevant - an explanation for how to force load the SSS by holding start down. Two different subjects, not mixed up with anything else.

Malachi Allen

Smash Rookie
Alright boys, it's time for some action.

20XX 4.0 Beta01.zip

EDIT:
Add these files to the download pack as well:
https://www.mediafire.com/?qgb7uolvux5c1g5
https://www.mediafire.com/?ct8i5zudsqetlhe <-- replaces GrNKr.1at and GrNKr.2at from the above pack

-------------------------------
The folder that unzips, "20XX 4.0 DL" will now be referred to as "20XX folder". It's contents will be placed into a vanilla SSBM root folder.

1) Extract a vanilla SSBM 1.02 root folder using GCR. Then close GCR.
2) 20XX folder --> &&systemdata --> Copy Start.dol.
3) Vanilla --> &&systemdata --> Paste and overwrite vanilla Start.dol.

3) Vanilla root folder. Completely delete the "audio" folder.
4) 20XX folder --> copy "audio" folder and paste in vanilla root folder.

5) 20XX folder --> copy everything in the folder except the two folders mentioned above. (So all the files, but not folders).
6) Vanilla root folder --> paste and overwrite for all items.

7) Vanilla root folder --> Delete all .mth videos (from MvEndCaptain.mth all the way down to MvOpen.mth)

--- vanilla root folder now equals "modified root folder" ---

8) Open GCR. Do not load the modified root folder from above yet.
9) GCR --> Options (at the top) --> click "do not modify game.toc"

10) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Open
11) Select your modified root folder.

12) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Save.
13) Choose name of your ISO file and hit okay.

14) GCR --> Root -> Rebuild

--> 20XX 4.0 Beta01.iso

I hope I didn't forget any files in the download...

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is FAR from being complete, but it's coming along alright. There is tons added and also things that have yet returned from the previous 20XX. The one really big item that is missing in this build is the P2 action commands (input spam, hold shield, act of shield, etc.).

Other missing / unhooked things off the top of my head
Debug Menu
- Missing Character Codes Menu
- Missing a Mechanics Menu (which some current items among different menus will be added to this)
- Missing a CREDITS MENU!!
- Texture Hacks --> Battlefield is the only one that I have written code for yet. Also missing things like Rainbow Shine.
- Item Codes -> Additional Item Switch, I think this isn't hooked yet. But monsters might be fine.
--> missing info pages for new mechanics, but they may be moved to an entire new menu completely​
- Extras --> SDR 3.1 Changelog --> no text screen for characters with no changes. Spacies have shines swapped and falcon is my experimental char. Shinesplosion for grounded down-b.​

- Alternate costumes were the "latest" from like...February or something. You guys have made a lot of cool ones since then and some slots need to be updated.

- Random stage select toggle screen needs updated text. Stage select screen preview texts need to be updated for hacked stages as well.

Tons more.
-----------------------------------------

Go to the Hacked SSS by clicking D-Pad Down at the SSS. Hacked stage select screen #3 has been heavily neglected for awhile.
Go to the "Character Select Screen Codes" debug menu to see the user input options for that screen.
.lat files = L alternate costumes
.rat files = R alternate costumes
.sat files = SDR remix character files
.pat files = PAL character files (or change these to your own custom character files!)
Play the Special Game Modes.

3 Custom battlefields. Can specify the X/Y location and scale multiplier for each platform.
OH! And when the game is paused,
D-pad Up to reload music (only does something if a music playlist is active for current stage music)
D-pad Right to toggle on/off the in-game 20XX toggles and DEVELOP toggles--> keep clicking it to cycle through options @Kadano @schmooblidon
- Magus physics [Achilles mod] are added as DEVELOP toggles. Same inputs from Magus' thread.​

I whipped up memory card saving today. Let me know if there are any issues. Will destroy your previous file because I have yet to give the game a new ID/save file name.

Just go to the Debug Menu and read things. This post is pitiful. I have had a long weekend and need to go to sleep. More details later.

DRGN DRGN flieskiller flieskiller @CeLL @Stride @_glook @zankyou @Itaru TerryJ TerryJ @tatatat0 @Tater @Ampers @Myougi @Yax @SinsOfApathy @MagicScrumpy Doq Doq @Dan Salvato @Aerros11 @Wooggle @Sham Rock Kou Kou @sdremix_troubleshooter @Trip @Acryte and everyone else!!!
Whenever you get the chance you should release which character files you modified so I can start putting in my own custom skins :D

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
Is there a reason space animals don't frame perfect get-up shine anymore? Or am I missing something in the debug menu?
On that note, is it also possible to add non-spacie cpu's get-up jab to the possibility of tech options?

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Achilles I wanted to stop back in this thread and say you're doing a sick ass job on this. it's really helpful. I think one of the most awesome additions is one of the smallest... the ability to alter the alpha channel on the color overlays. Color overlays were unbearable to use before, but now it helps so much.

stuff that is ****ing awesome:

1. Alpha channel color overlay
2. Wave dash timing/angle indicators
3. No LCancel on full press
4. IASA color overlay
5. More DI customization / customization

I think the only thing missing on tech / getup customization is a setting to control the overall ratio of techs : missed techs. I really want to practice nothing but tech chasing in place, back and forward but the number of missed techs seems like its about 30 - 40% or fairly high.

At any rate, you're a sick dude and please put up a paypal so I can donate $100 ty

mirrorbender

Smash Rookie
A note about the different widescreen modes: Since I came up with the numbers for the three different versions of 16:9, I authored a change to how dolphin handles aspect ratios. By default, dolphin will now emulate the aspect ratios found on TV's, meaning that by default, the "TV" version will display correct geometry in dolphin, and the "Dolphin" version will be slightly too squished horizontally. However, on a 16:9 monitor in fullscreen, there will be black bars on the sides unless you enable the crop setting. The "Dolphin" setting will only display correct geometry if you have a 16:9 window (i.e. fullscreen on a 16:9 monitor) and the "stretch to window" setting enabled in dolphin. It can also be used with nintendont and its custom screen width setting to get a true 16:9 image. But otherwise everything will be too narrow.

Basically, which widescreen code is best can depend on a lot of variables, and the only one that really fits the description now is the "Monitor" version, which really only makes sense for monitors. I don't know what the best solution for this is, as you can't really have an essay for describing how to use the settings.

I could see "TV 16:9" -> "Standard Widescreen", "Monitor 16:9" -> "Monitor Widescreen", and "Dolphin 16:9" -> "True 16:9"

I could also see just labeling them Wide 1, Wide 2, and Wide 3, and letting users use their eyes to figure out which one looks most accurate. I just feel like the current descriptions for the widescreen modes aren't the most accurate, and are actually somewhat misleading in certain situations. Other suggestions on how to label them better, anyone?

kardus

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but wouldn't it make more sense to be able to apply a colour to an action state rather than apply a state to a colour? Because of the way its set up its impossible to have the same overlay colour for more than one state, unless I'm overlooking something. For example, I believe in the previous version green was the default for wait, fall, squatwait etc.

Because there are so many more action states than preset colours, the more useful ones that people typically use could be at the top of the list for usability.

It would also be nice to have action state 'groups' so similar states could easily be set as one colour.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
They're a few costumes that crash the game on console as well, I assume they're just bugged. Hell, some of costumes don't even work at all! But, I assume it'll be fixed soon.
The costume colors that "don't even work at all" are probably ones that didn't have any alt costumes available at the time I made the code. The toggle still exists for those costumes, but the Pl__.rat (r-alt costume) or Pl__.lat (l-alt costume) file is just a copy of the original Pl__.dat. So all you need to do is replace whichever file "does nothing" with a costume of your choice for that player color.

A note about the different widescreen modes: Since I came up with the numbers for the three different versions of 16:9, I authored a change to how dolphin handles aspect ratios. By default, dolphin will now emulate the aspect ratios found on TV's, meaning that by default, the "TV" version will display correct geometry in dolphin, and the "Dolphin" version will be slightly too squished horizontally. However, on a 16:9 monitor in fullscreen, there will be black bars on the sides unless you enable the crop setting. The "Dolphin" setting will only display correct geometry if you have a 16:9 window (i.e. fullscreen on a 16:9 monitor) and the "stretch to window" setting enabled in dolphin. It can also be used with nintendont and its custom screen width setting to get a true 16:9 image. But otherwise everything will be too narrow.

Basically, which widescreen code is best can depend on a lot of variables, and the only one that really fits the description now is the "Monitor" version, which really only makes sense for monitors. I don't know what the best solution for this is, as you can't really have an essay for describing how to use the settings.

I could see "TV 16:9" -> "Standard Widescreen", "Monitor 16:9" -> "Monitor Widescreen", and "Dolphin 16:9" -> "True 16:9"

I could also see just labeling them Wide 1, Wide 2, and Wide 3, and letting users use their eyes to figure out which one looks most accurate. I just feel like the current descriptions for the widescreen modes aren't the most accurate, and are actually somewhat misleading in certain situations. Other suggestions on how to label them better, anyone?
Lol alright. Just keep thinking about it and tell me what would be best, in terms of the numbers to use and text to display if things need to be changed.

Is there a reason space animals don't frame perfect get-up shine anymore? Or am I missing something in the debug menu?
On that note, is it also possible to add non-spacie cpu's get-up jab to the possibility of tech options?
I just haven't programmed in the CPU action stuff yet. Yes, it is possible to do instant jab out of tech. I plan to give more options like this, with spotdodge and roll and stuff.
Whenever you get the chance you should release which character files you modified so I can start putting in my own custom skins :D
I mostly told you in that post.

.rat = r alternate costume
.lat = l alternate costume

example:
R alternate costume for red Marth is PlMsRe.rat.

The only exception is Red Falcon.
PlCaRl.usd = l alternate
PlCaRr.usd = r alternate

what I would like is:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. It seems like you want the metal toggle in the Debug Menu and not at the CSS. Are you talking about having a Debug page that lists every character's name and an ON/OFF for metal? It sounds like an inconvenient way to do what you can do now. Maybe I'm missing something...
the songs that are not vanilla melee songs included in the 20xx 4.0 beta 01 build dont play sometimes. they work fine on dolphin. idk what the problem is? this also happens when i replace hps files in a normal melee iso. is it diosmios? am i rebuilding the game incorrectly?
Are you using Dios Mios or Dios Mios Lite? Are you using the most up to date version (2.11, I think) for whichever one you are using?
Whenever I turn off my wii and turn it back on my settings in the debug menu don't save, how can I fix this?
I hope you have a memory card plugged into your Wii.
Cyborg Ninja Falcon was one of the best things ever in 20XX, pls get rid of that ****ty F-Zero skin and bring Cyborg Ninja back.
Download the costume you want and then replace the appropriate L or R (or regular) player costume file. See above.
So if I replace the hacked, one platform jungle japes stage on the second sss with an identical version that has the water running under the stage, it automatically removes the water. GrGd.0at can be replaced in this manner with no problems.

Have GrGd.1at and GrGd.2at been coded somehow to remove the water? It would be nice to have some kind of workaround.
Iirc, I wrote code to disable the water when on MnSlChr.2sd (the second stage select screen). So the workaround isn't looking too good at this point unless you put it on a different page. I should be able to eventually fix something up for you.

Achilles, I and my friends noticed below.

1. Species shine of SD Remix are exchanged with each other
2. CPU doesn't move when use cpu action command
3. CPU Species doesn't shine after tech and getup.

are you rewriting CPU code?
Yes, I'm rewriting the CPU codes. The spacies shines are swapped just as a "fun" mod. These chars are unmodified in SD Remix, so I took the opportunity to use their "SDR toggle files" as something instead of nothing. Just note that it is not an actual SD Remix mod.
I'm assuming this is just not finished yet, as it is still in a beta state. I wouldn't recommend using this version for practice on anything other than DI and basic follow ups to be honest. I'm sure it's being worked on as much as possible.
Hehe. Nice profile pic!

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 The 3 Pokemon Stages on the Single Player SSS crash the game when you go back to the CSS
I just tried it on Dolphin and it is working fine. Does this happen for anyone else?
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...date-4-0-beta01.351221/page-113#post-20433306
Anyone know where I can Spoof Controllers? I need to test something but I can't
General Codes --> Player Flags. Although I need to rework these Player Flag options a little bit.
Does Adventure Mode still crash in 20XX 4.0b
Last I checked, it does when a multi-spawn event occurs. I also need to look into this. There is so much to do.
How do you get to alternate characters in this new update? Z no longer works to change to Zelda/Wireframe/etc.
Not added in yet.
I got a little idea for the 20XX pack that I'd like to just throw in here:
Would it be possible to make character hitbox bubbles flash red(or any other color) for the timings for Samus Super WaveDash and Marios UpB walljump?
Yeah, I'll think about it. These would probably be in the "Character Codes" menu whenever I add those in. But character specific features are currently taking less priority than ones that benefit everyone.

-------------------------------

Also, if you haven't already figured it out, all CPUs DI and tech and not just Player 2 like in 3.02.

DRGN

Technowizard

I added a MD5 check in the script, so it will make sure the ISO provided is truly vanilla v1.02 (which could cause problems if it isn't). It can be bypassed if the user really wants though.

The download is just 4 files. After downloading and unzipping the download, all you need to do is drag-and-drop your vanilla 1.02 ISO onto the script, and your 20XX 4.0 Beta ISO will be automatically generated. If you don't know what version your vanilla ISO is, or need to convert it, you can look here.

After your 20XX ISO has been built, if there were no problems, the script will now also prompt the user to ask if they'd like to generate a hash of the finished product. So you can be sure it was built correctly. Of course, the "current correct" hash is simply taken from the build that I've put together (should still be up to date with everything that's been released so far though). Eventually @achilles and I can sync up and I can be sure I have the full, current build and truest of true hashes. Let me know if you guys run into any problems with the new script.

This build contains what Achilles has released so far, so if you've been following along and updating with all the files he's posted, you don't need this.

Included updates from Achilles from Beta02:
- New Feature: Debug Menu --> Character Select Screen Codes --> Custom CSS Colors (screenshots)
- Bug FIx: Debug Menu --> pressing Start when two submenus deep does not load the victory screen and softlock the game.
- Bug Fix: Battlefield rainbow water BG toggle turned to OFF no longer loads Custom Battlefield 2 collision points.
- Bug Fix: v1.00 SDI/Hitlag code updated (thanks to new code from Magus posted today).
- Bug Fix: Widescreen toggle value is now applied immediately upon boot and no longer needs to experience a loading cycle first.
- Bug Fix: "Out-of-camera" magnifier bubbles in Widescreen mode now extend further to the sides of the screen (thanks to Dan Salvato).
- Bug Fix: Opening the Debug Menu and going directly to Stage Codes --> Custom FD Color --> RGB Color Viewer, no longer freezes the game. I also added in a text line to state that Rainbow FD takes priority.​

Included updates from Achilles from Beta01:
- Updated DOL file (Name Entry Additions)
- Fixed GrNKr.1at & GrNKr.2at
- Added Hyrule Maze Stages
- Updated MnSlChr (TrackPreview)
- Fixed PlKbRe.lat
- Fixed GrNFg files​
Please specify which build you're using when submitting a bug. And the more detailed steps you can provide for reproducing it, the better.

Btw, support for 20XX 4.0 will be added to DTW3 in the next version. So if there's still confusion, that should help a lot for seeing which files need to be replaced for various costumes. I also have another surprise along those lines. Primarily there are two things I want to finish before I release the update, but I don't think it will be too long.

Nope: clicky. I had snipped some bits out in my quote, but if you follow the quote link back to Achilles' post, you can see that he was answering two questions at the same time. The first concerned the SDI/hitlag. The second was completely irrelevant - an explanation for how to force load the SSS by holding start down. Two different subjects, not mixed up with anything else.
When I said, "confused the statement" I was referring to my statement that you had originally quoted. Just look again at my post you originally quoted here, and it should make more sense. :p

Last edited:

IrishFire

Smash Rookie
Somebody please help, when I choose my patched root folder I am unable to rebuild. (I have the .toc setting and have deleted .DS_Store)

[NVM DISREGARD THE POST]

Last edited:

-Stavo-

Smash Rookie
would there be a possible way to write a code to where if P2 quits with L+R+A+Start during a match, P1 would receive a star? thanks again achilles

Achilles1515

Smash Master
"Bug Fix: Magnifier bubbles in Widescreen mode now extend further to the sides of the screen (thanks to Dan Salvato)."

Wow, he found out how. Also, is having custom colors in the CSS available as DOL only?
Flieskiller, this is the basic code. Note that in this thread, I responded with a comment about an injection point for "patching" the MnSlChr.usd file after is has been loaded in the RAM.

Code:
So, I'm nearly 100% positive that the MnSlChr.usd data is always loaded at 80bec720 in the RAM.

MnSlChr.usd offsets from The Realest:
000948 - 80 80 80 FF 00 0B 1A FF FF FF FF Background
348E88 - 07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94 Bottom frame
348F48 - 07 07 07 07 92 9E A3 00 92 9E A3 Rule frame
349008 - 07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94 Top frame

Patch these colors with values from Debug Menu custom flags
[all 32-bit words]
3fae58 = CSS Custom Colors on/off
3fae5c = Background RED
3fae60 = Background GREEN
3fae64 = Background BLUE
3fae68 = Top Frame RED
3fae6c = Top Frame GREEN
3fae70 = Top Frame BLUE
3fae74 = Bottom Frame RED
3fae78 = Bottom Frame GREEN
3fae7c = Bottom Frame BLUE
3fae80 = Rule Frame RED
3fae84 = Rule Frame GREEN
3fae88 = Rule Frame BLUE

----------------------------------------------------

inject @ 80266974

CUSTOM_CSS_COLORS:
stw    r3,-0x49d0(r13)    # default code line

lis    r3,0x803f
ori    r3,r3,0xae58
lwz    r4,0(r3)    # load custom CSS color toggle @ 3fae58
cmpwi    r4,0
beq-    END_CUSTOM_CSS_COLORS
#if 20XX debug menu flag is ON

BACKGROUND_COLOR:
lis    r4,0x80be
ori    r4,r4,0xd06b    #80bed06c is bg color offset
bl    COLOR_LOOP:

TOPFRAME_COLOR:
lis    r4,0x80f3
ori    r4,r4,0x572b    #80f3572c is top frame color offset
bl    COLOR_LOOP:

BOTFRAME_COLOR:
lis    r4,0x80f3
ori    r4,r4,0x55ab    #80f3572c is top frame color offset
bl    COLOR_LOOP:

RULEFRAME_COLOR:
lis    r4,0x80f3
ori    r4,r4,0x566b    #80f3572c is top frame color offset
bl    COLOR_LOOP:

b    END_CUSTOM_CSS_COLORS

COLOR_LOOP:
li    r5,3
mtctr    r5
COLOR_LOOP_LOOP:
lwzu    r5,4(r3)
stbu    r5,1(r4)
bdnz+    COLOR_LOOP_LOOP
blr

END_CUSTOM_CSS_COLORS:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

DRGN DRGN Hey man, thanks a ton for throwing this together. So if I want to add my own custom music/alt skins, should I just extract the newly created ISO (created from that builder) with GCR, replace my files, and then rebuild?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
DRGN DRGN Hey man, thanks a ton for throwing this together. So if I want to add my own custom music/alt skins, should I just extract the newly created ISO (created from that builder) with GCR, replace my files, and then rebuild?
Yeah. Although, if it's just costumes, then you should need to extract the Root. You can just do direct imports.

Also, make sure you are adding music to 20XX 4.0 the proper way!

I added a MD5 check in the script, so it will make sure the ISO provided is truly vanilla v1.02 (which could cause problems if it isn't). It can be bypassed if the user really wants though.

The download is just 4 files. After downloading and unzipping the download, all you need to do is drag-and-drop your vanilla 1.02 ISO onto the script, and your 20XX 4.0 Beta02 ISO will be automatically generated. If you don't know what version your vanilla ISO is, or need to convert it, you can look here.

After your 20XX ISO has been built, if there were no problems, the script will now also prompt the user to ask if they'd like to generate a hash of the finished product. So you can be sure it was built correctly. Of course, the "current correct" hash is simply taken from the build that I've put together (should still be up to date with everything that's been released so far though). Eventually @achilles and I can sync up and I can be sure I have the full, current build and truest of true hashes. Let me know if you guys run into any problems with the new script. So far I've only been able to test it on Win7.

This build contains what Achilles has released so far, so if you've been following along and updating with all the files he's posted, you don't need this.

- New Feature: Debug Menu --> Character Select Screen Codes --> Custom CSS Colors (screenshots)
- Bug FIx: Debug Menu --> pressing Start when two submenus deep does not load the victory screen and softlock the game.
- Bug Fix: Battlefield rainbow water BG toggle turned to OFF no longer loads Custom Battlefield 2 collision points.
- Bug Fix: v1.00 SDI/Hitlag code updated (thanks to new code from Magus posted today).
- Bug Fix: Widescreen toggle value is now applied immediately upon boot and no longer needs to experience a loading cycle first.
- Bug Fix: "Out-of-camera" magnifier bubbles in Widescreen mode now extend further to the sides of the screen (thanks to Dan Salvato).
- Bug Fix: Opening the Debug Menu and going directly to Stage Codes --> Custom FD Color --> RGB Color Viewer, no longer freezes the game. I also added in a text line to state that Rainbow FD takes priority.​

- Fixed PlKbRe.lat
- Fixed GrNFg files​
Please specify which build you're using when submitting a bug. And the more detailed steps you can provide for reproducing it, the better.

Btw, support for 20XX 4.0 will be added to DTW3 in the next version. So if there's still confusion, that should help a lot for seeing which files need to be replaced for various costumes. I also have another surprise along those lines. Primarily there are two things I want to finish before I release the update, but I don't think it will be too long.

When I said, "confused the statement" I was referring to my statement that you had originally quoted. Just look again at my post you originally quoted here, and it should make more sense. :p
DRGN, thanks a lot. I really appreciate the help and I know others do as well. I'll update my posts now to point to this post of yours. Also, you typoed "20XX 4.0 Beta02" in your recent post instead of Beta03.

------------------------

I think I finished the new Smash DI code. It's at least good for now and gives you guys some options.

D

Deleted member 269706

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Thanks a bunch for the answer man, I appreciate it! Speaking of the HPS files, I had a question a few pages back about the playlists. I was wondering if there's any implementation of a playlist that works on all stages/menus, or if there's a way to copy a playlist from one stage to another? I feel like it'd be way easier to just set up one mass playlist and use that all around (but then again maybe that's just me). If not, no worries, keep working on the important stuff, the luxuries can wait. Thanks again for your hard work!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Thanks a bunch for the answer man, I appreciate it! Speaking of the HPS files, I had a question a few pages back about the playlists. I was wondering if there's any implementation of a playlist that works on all stages/menus, or if there's a way to copy a playlist from one stage to another? I feel like it'd be way easier to just set up one mass playlist and use that all around (but then again maybe that's just me). If not, no worries, keep working on the important stuff, the luxuries can wait. Thanks again for your hard work!
You, and one or two other people on this thread who have mentioned this, are correct. I need to make an optional Global list.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Thanks for the code about modifying the CSS colors.

Maybe you missed a post about a code I made or just ignored it, but would you add this to the training pack? http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-gecko-codes-guide-and-discussion.327311/page-39#post-20300451

This code allows to check the duration of any animation that the players is using. It can be modified to work on all characters (I've coded it lazily for player 1 only.

Also, it could be improved with the debug menu that the player could choose which animation is checked by changing a number in the debug menu that would be used by the code, so players could switch to squat animation, or land animation. Also, another toggle could be between "in animation" and "until again" as explained in this variant of the basic code: http://smashboards.com/threads/gecko-code-p1-yoshi-number-of-frames-in-parry.420517/#post-20372560

here is a list of all basic animations. If people wants to see the special attacks, just use the Y+d-pad down in DEVELOP setting to see the number of that move.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Flieskiller, this is the basic code. Note that in this thread, I responded with a comment about an injection point for "patching" the MnSlChr.usd file after is has been loaded in the RAM.

Code:
So, I'm nearly 100% positive that the MnSlChr.usd data is always loaded at 80bec720 in the RAM.

MnSlChr.usd offsets from The Realest:
000948 - 80 80 80 FF 00 0B 1A FF FF FF FF Background
348E88 - 07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94 Bottom frame
348F48 - 07 07 07 07 92 9E A3 00 92 9E A3 Rule frame
349008 - 07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94 Top frame

Patch these colors with values from Debug Menu custom flags
[all 32-bit words]
3fae58 = CSS Custom Colors on/off
3fae5c = Background RED
3fae60 = Background GREEN
3fae64 = Background BLUE
3fae68 = Top Frame RED
3fae6c = Top Frame GREEN
3fae70 = Top Frame BLUE
3fae74 = Bottom Frame RED
3fae78 = Bottom Frame GREEN
3fae7c = Bottom Frame BLUE
3fae80 = Rule Frame RED
3fae84 = Rule Frame GREEN
3fae88 = Rule Frame BLUE

----------------------------------------------------

inject @ 80266974

CUSTOM_CSS_COLORS:
stw    r3,-0x49d0(r13)    # default code line

lis    r3,0x803f
ori    r3,r3,0xae58
lwz    r4,0(r3)    # load custom CSS color toggle @ 3fae58
cmpwi    r4,0
beq-    END_CUSTOM_CSS_COLORS
#if 20XX debug menu flag is ON

BACKGROUND_COLOR:
lis    r4,0x80be
ori    r4,r4,0xd06b    #80bed06c is bg color offset
bl    COLOR_LOOP:

TOPFRAME_COLOR:
lis    r4,0x80f3
ori    r4,r4,0x572b    #80f3572c is top frame color offset
bl    COLOR_LOOP:

BOTFRAME_COLOR:
lis    r4,0x80f3
ori    r4,r4,0x55ab    #80f3572c is top frame color offset
bl    COLOR_LOOP:

RULEFRAME_COLOR:
lis    r4,0x80f3
ori    r4,r4,0x566b    #80f3572c is top frame color offset
bl    COLOR_LOOP:

b    END_CUSTOM_CSS_COLORS

COLOR_LOOP:
li    r5,3
mtctr    r5
COLOR_LOOP_LOOP:
lwzu    r5,4(r3)
stbu    r5,1(r4)
bdnz+    COLOR_LOOP_LOOP
blr

END_CUSTOM_CSS_COLORS:
flieskiller flieskiller
Sorry, this was the thread I meant to link.
http://smashboards.com/threads/patc...racters-stages-and-hats.405623/#post-19378386

kardus

Smash Rookie
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Do you have any plans for applying colour to an actionstate as I described here?

I also noticed some crashing when combo as timer was used in conjuction with a few other settings, I will get the specifics tomorrow.

Akli LT

Smash Rookie
Are you using Dios Mios or Dios Mios Lite? Are you using the most up to date version (2.11, I think) for whichever one you are using?
I am using ''Dios Mios''' the one where you load games off an USB. I am using version 2.11. I dont see a more recent version on the download site, so this must be the latest version. I always optimise the ISO but I also tried just putting the raw iso in the games folder. No difference. I also tried removing the zero's at the end of an hps file with an hax editer. I tries
multiple HPS files found in the music compendium tread even the ones you made. No difference. I tried a PAL ISO, NTSC ISO and 20XX 3.2 and 4.0B ISO. this problem occurs no matter wich ISO i use. should i mess around with the Align options in DMTools? I just the click auto butten. because i dont know what Align is does.

Doq

Smash Lord
So I finally got around to testing this. Works perfect, only issue I found was the corps "Team x character" match in Classic never loads the characters.

Time to overload with tunes.

Last edited:

Zarkdion

Smash Apprentice
Quick Question: I notice there is an xdelta in the patch file. Can I just run my own xdelta patcher, or do I have to use the .bat file?

Edit: Never mind. The answer is yes.

Last edited:

Nox.

Smash Rookie

The download is just 4 files. After downloading and unzipping the download, all you need to do is drag-and-drop your vanilla 1.02 ISO onto the script, and your 20XX 4.0 Beta ISO will be automatically generated. If you don't know what version your vanilla ISO is, or need to convert it, you can look here.

After your 20XX ISO has been built, if there were no problems, the script will now also prompt the user to ask if they'd like to generate a hash of the finished product. So you can be sure it was built correctly. Of course, the "current correct" hash is simply taken from the build that I've put together (should still be up to date with everything that's been released so far though). Eventually @achilles and I can sync up and I can be sure I have the full, current build and truest of true hashes. Let me know if you guys run into any problems with the new script. So far I've only been able to test it on Win7.

- Fixed PlKbRe.lat
- Fixed GrNFg files​

Quick question: How would I go about editing the hdr file so it's set to GALEXX if this is going to generate the iso automatically? Would I need to extract the new iso's root folder, change the file, and rebuild in GCR?

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Bug report: C. Falcon and Ganondorf's Side B couldn't connect when I was messing around with Random Hit Elements gamemode. As far I'm concerned, this issue is present on 4.0 Beta02. I don't know if this issue is still present on 4.0 Beta01 and 4.0 Beta03.

Last edited:

Onen

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure wether or not it's just me, but Endless Friendlies Random Charactetr and the 2P CPU oos options seem to not be working. If it is just me who's having this problem, does anyone have any suggestions regarding this?

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Bug report: C. Falcon and Ganondorf's Side B couldn't connect when I was messing around with Random Hit Elements gamemode. As far I'm concerned, this issue is present on 4.0 Beta02. I don't know if this issue is still present on 4.0 Beta01 and 4.0 Beta03.
The issue is also present in the original code, and is not a problem with 20XXHP.

I'm still having a cow over finally being able to complete my soundtrack for Melee.

Last edited:
Top Bottom