All episodes of the new Smash Brothers documentary 'Metagame' are available on Vimeo! Get Metagame Here
Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!
You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!
Support Smashboards and get Premium Membership today!
Theoretically, yes. But there's not enough RAM space for 3 complete sets, until some sort of workaround is found.Is it possible to create multiple CSP's for the same slot? So that if you L/R costumes, it won't just be the background color that changes, but the whole CSP? That would be sick for all the costumes, but I know creating CSP's is completely manual and it's a pain to edit properly even if it's possible
Let me know if you find a way to reliably reproduce the freezing.Sorry, this was for Jigglypuff's Green costume L toggle. When I posted this, it would freeze when I selected the toggle on the CSS. I rebooted and it happened again. I recall that I had the hacked SSS toggled before the first time. Trying just now, I have no issue loading the costume, so I'm not sure what happened. I tested all the legal stages.
I also want to say thank you for this project. I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of these packs, and I really appreciate the effort you put in.
Yes, no jumping out of hitstun yet. On the to-do list.This is amazing. Already started using the changed DI pattern and teching pattern hacks.
The one issue I found was that the CPUs no longer jump out of hitstun or shine after tech. Is this an option I'm missing or are they not back in place yet? Might consider adding those as toggles if you've got the time.
Thanks SO much for putting this out!
Sweet I love it! Will you ever make a GUI for 20XX settings? I can totally see how that could be difficult though... But would look amazingAlright boys, it's time for some action.
20XX 4.0 Beta01.zip
Add these files to the download pack as well:
The folder that unzips, "20XX 4.0 DL" will now be referred to as "20XX folder". It's contents will be placed into a vanilla SSBM root folder.
1) Extract a vanilla SSBM 1.02 root folder using GCR. Then close GCR.
2) 20XX folder --> &&systemdata --> Copy Start.dol.
3) Vanilla --> &&systemdata --> Paste and overwrite vanilla Start.dol.
3) Vanilla root folder. Completely delete the "audio" folder.
4) 20XX folder --> copy "audio" folder and paste in vanilla root folder.
5) 20XX folder --> copy everything in the folder except the two folders mentioned above. (So all the files, but not folders).
6) Vanilla root folder --> paste and overwrite for all items.
7) Vanilla root folder --> Delete all .mth videos (from MvEndCaptain.mth all the way down to MvOpen.mth)
--- vanilla root folder now equals "modified root folder" ---
8) Open GCR. Do not load the modified root folder from above yet.
9) GCR --> Options (at the top) --> click "do not modify game.toc"
10) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Open
11) Select your modified root folder.
12) GCR --> Root (at the top) --> Rebuild.
13) Choose name of your ISO file and hit okay.
--> 20XX 4.0 Beta01.iso
I hope I didn't forget any files in the download...
This is FAR from being complete, but it's coming along alright. There is tons added and also things that have yet returned from the previous 20XX. The one really big item that is missing in this build is the P2 action commands (input spam, hold shield, act of shield, etc.).
Other missing / unhooked things off the top of my head
- Missing Character Codes Menu
- Missing a Mechanics Menu (which some current items among different menus will be added to this)
- Missing a CREDITS MENU!!
- Texture Hacks --> Battlefield is the only one that I have written code for yet. Also missing things like Rainbow Shine.
- Item Codes -> Additional Item Switch, I think this isn't hooked yet. But monsters might be fine.
--> missing info pages for new mechanics, but they may be moved to an entire new menu completely- Extras --> SDR 3.1 Changelog --> no text screen for characters with no changes. Spacies have shines swapped and falcon is my experimental char. Shinesplosion for grounded down-b.
- Alternate costumes were the "latest" from like...February or something. You guys have made a lot of cool ones since then and some slots need to be updated.
- Random stage select toggle screen needs updated text. Stage select screen preview texts need to be updated for hacked stages as well.
Go to the Hacked SSS by clicking D-Pad Down at the SSS. Hacked stage select screen #3 has been heavily neglected for awhile.
Go to the "Character Select Screen Codes" debug menu to see the user input options for that screen.
.lat files = L alternate costumesPlay the Special Game Modes.
.rat files = R alternate costumes
.sat files = SDR remix character files
.pat files = PAL character files (or change these to your own custom character files!)
3 Custom battlefields. Can specify the X/Y location and scale multiplier for each platform.
OH! And when the game is paused,
D-pad Up to reload music (only does something if a music playlist is active for current stage music)
D-pad Right to toggle on/off the in-game 20XX toggles and DEVELOP toggles--> keep clicking it to cycle through options @Kadano @schmooblidon
- Magus physics [Achilles mod] are added as DEVELOP toggles. Same inputs from Magus' thread.
I whipped up memory card saving today. Let me know if there are any issues. Will destroy your previous file because I have yet to give the game a new ID/save file name.
Just go to the Debug Menu and read things. This post is pitiful. I have had a long weekend and need to go to sleep. More details later.
@DRGN flieskiller @CeLL @Stride @_glook @zankyou @Itaru @TerryJ @tatatat0 @Tater @Ampers @Myougi @Yax @SinsOfApathy @MagicScrumpy Doq @Dan Salvato @Aerros11 @Wooggle @Sham Rock @Kou @Anutim @sdremix_troubleshooter @Trip @Acryte and everyone else!!!
I don't really know what to tell you, man. After you have modified the vanilla SSBM 1.02 root folder, does your &&systemdata folder have all these files still in it?Can anyone tell me how to get 4.0 beta to work? Everytime I choose "Do not use Game.toc" and rebuild the iso, It says its invalid..
Wow. This seems to happen anytime you are two submenus deep and you press Start. I can't believe I never ran into this. Thanks for letting me know.bugs I have found so far, all found on console with dios mios
holding start+x+y (to reset your controller) on the "live analog controller inputs menu" loads a win screen with 4 black captain falcons. It doesnt freeze the game and you can hear menu sound effects, but it appears softlocked. I think this was a feature in the vanilla debug menu and the default option was to load captain falcon.
This is the bug that drives me f**king nuts. If you open the Debug Menu and then go directly to Stage Codes and then Custom FD Color and click on RGB color viewer, it freezes.selecting the "RGB color Viewer" from the custom final destination color menu crashes the game, the RGB color viewer works fine from the extras menu.
This sh*t took me a year to make lol. If it were my full time job, it probably would have been like 3 months. It's all about the flexible framework and programming with future updates in mind.Holy moly achilles, there is so much content in this, it's legit overwhelming. Christmas definitely came early, thank you for all your hard work.
There is 2 very minor but very important tweaks that I think would make this complete.
1. A way to use C-stick for camera functions in DEVELOP mode. The toggle in the pause menu is amazing, but I use the camera tools every single time I lab. If you could toggle c-stick functions in the pause menu or even the debug menu, then I'd be 100% converted.
2. The Akuma Doc Texture. Clearly the best texture ever made
This is my Problem.Everytime I rebuild the iso and then check it again through GCR by selecting the iso as an image, it says its not an iso! when it literally just made it into an iso! Any help?
Edit: When i load the modified root folder, it says the name of the game is "uper Smash Bros Melee" Could that be an issue? like the fact its missing an S
PlKbRe.latEDIT: I was able to consistently crash by using Kirby's red L costume. If I enabled a CPU, it would freeze crash then. Otherwise it would freeze crash when I tried to get into a level.
Overall, I'm definitely not using 3.02 again. Thank you very much for putting this out.
I just tried and could only l-cancel when in SD Remix mode. Can you give me a list of steps to take to have it always l-cancel even when not in SDR mode? Make sure you are using DEVELOP mode and the Y+D-pad down action state names/frame counters to know for sure if you are l-canceling.I noticed that I can L cancel any of G&W's aerials. Is that a product of SD Remix and if so, is there some way to essentially excise SD Remix from 20XX?
Yes, holding start for 2 secs (when Time Mode is selected) will force load the SSS. I have not added back in the Z for extra chars toggle. Mainly because I wanted to rewrite it.I eventually realized that holding start for a really long time at the CSS has the same effect as down on the D-pad before. Z also doesn't let me select Sheik anymore, is there some equivalent? Seems like all the other buttons are taken.
It is intentional. Are you talking about the double start when you have frame advance on in master debug level?Hitlag/SDI behavior defaulted to Melee 1.00. Not sure if intentional. The double start press mechanism on master debug level is a bit... unintuitive.
It's not part of the beta nature. That's just what PAL and SD Remix are. A lot of things are subtle. Do an UpSmash with regular Samus and then maker her SD Remix and do an upsmash. Or better yet, do the same with Falcon grounded down-b.I haven't come across a case yet where D-pad left or right did much of anything (or the details were entirely too fine to notice), so I'm guessing that's just part of the beta nature. Either that or there are almost no changes between SDR, NTSC, and PAL.
I just tried and could only l-cancel when in SD Remix mode. Can you give me a list of steps to take to have it always l-cancel even when not in SDR mode? Make sure you are using DEVELOP mode and the Y+D-pad down action state names/frame counters to know for sure if you are l-canceling.
Yes. It's fine on the pausing side, but it's a bit confusing on the unpause side. I see now that it does the same thing, stops frame advancement during the pause.Are you talking about the double start when you have frame advance on in master debug level?
It only tweaks the lower tiered characters, if you play a top tier then nothing would change really. Also it's a toggle, you don't have to play it.what is SD remix? isnt like character balancing? i would play it but then it would through off my normal melee play-style since it would take time to get used to and adjust so i probably shouldn't
Make sure you're not resizing the file and overwriting bytes, see my awesome visual guide on how to do this. In the OP.I have to in order to change the game code so I can run 20xx and melee on one SD card :/
That would literally be the only issue I would think, because ISO.hdr is literally the header of the game.I don't..
I GOT IT TO WORK, my problem was that when i used HxD, i DELETED the "1" in GALE01 instead of just replacing it with what i usually put which is 0, thanks for the replys tho!Make sure you're not resizing the file and overwriting bytes, see my awesome visual guide on how to do this. In the OP.
That would literally be the only issue I would think, because ISO.hdr is literally the header of the game.
So I did this and added 2 songs but now my 20XX is just crashing at this screen after I select OKHow To Add HPS Files to 20XX 4.0
(this requires GCR and rebuilding the ISO with checking "do not use game.toc")
This is current last song 20XX 4.0 Beta01.
But we can add more!
1) Obtain an HPS file of your liking.
2) As shown in the above screenshot, the last named file is 68.hps. We are adding another one. So increment the HPS name counter by one. In this example, I would rename my HPS file 69.hps. (The numbers are in hex. So after 69 comes 6A, then 6B, .... , then 6F, then 70, etc.)
NOTE: Letters within the file name ARE capitalized!
3) Extract a root folder of your 20XX 4.0 ISO with GCR (at this point, you should probably just have a "master 20XX root" on your desktop or something).
4) Navigate into the "audio" folder and paste 69.hps
5) In your 20XX root folder, open MnSlChr.usd in a hex editor.
Go to offset 0x003edda8. This is a table of pointers. You don't really need to know what these actually do, but just go down to the very end and add one more entry (because you are adding one song). For your new entry, take the last entry and subtract 0x20.
6) Now we need to add the song name ASCII text that will appear in the debug menu. In the step above, your new entry was "0x80fd9da0". Subtract 0x80bec720 from the new entry value. (In this example, 0x80fd9da0 - 0x80bec720 = 003ed680). Take the result and go to the offset in MnSlChr.usd.
7) Add your song name (ASCII to hex conversion). 31 character max.
8) Save MnSlChr.usd. Rebuild 20XX 4.0 ISO with GCR while checking "do not use game.toc".
9) Major profit.
Yes, you can go all the way up to FF.hps.