• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That's right - Meowth for Smash Switch

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is why I feel strongly about taking advantage of this golden opportunity!

Let's see what we have so far:
  • Team Rocket (organization) finally came back after 8 years hiatus (HeartGold/SoulSilver) or after 19 years hiatus (Gold/Silver, if you don't want to count remakes) in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
  • Team Rocket (Jessie, James, and Meowth) finally came back to the video games after 18 years hiatus (Pokémon Puzzle League) or 20 years hiatus (Pokémon Yellow, if you don't want to count spin-offs) in Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
  • Meowth and Persian got new Alolan Forms in Sun/Moon
  • you can dress your avatar in Team Rocket uniform in Pokémon GO

I hope Meowth and Team Rocket, especially Jessie and James, will make their resumes bigger after Pokémon Let's Go. They not only need to become relevant but stay relevant. They need to stay relevant after Pokémon Let's Go.

I plan to get both Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. If you plan to get only one version, get the Eevee version and let Nintendo know on social media that the main reason you got the Eevee version is because you want Meowth on your team. I am also asking Nintendo on social media to make Pokémon Let's Go Meowth where you play as Jessie (female trainers) or James (male trainers) with Meowth as your partner Pokémon. The goal is to convince Nintendo to keep Meowth and Team Rocket, especially Jessie and James, relevant in the video games.

It worked with Toad. Toad fans saw an opening in New Super Mario Bros. Wii... and they seized it. Sure, it has been almost 10 years since Toad finally became a playable character in a main Mario game again but the thing is... Toad and now Toadette are playable in new and upcoming main Mario games... and now Toad finally got his own game again with Captain Toad. Toad fans are still fighting but at least they got Nintendo to build up a big resume for Toad and now Toadette. Whenever I was filling out Nintendo.com surveys about main Mario games, I told them that the main reason I got the games was because I can play as Toad.

That's why I see Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee as a golden opportunity... Meowth fans and Team Rocket (Jessie & James) fans finally have an opening and now we need to seize it!
I wanna be clear that even if it is Jessie and James, I think the character would be "Team Rocket."
The characters are also evergreen characters in the anime, and the importance of that is so grand that it goes unstated, even by you, Arcadenik.

Also... unrelated... but maybe the Toad fanbase was too vocal. Now Toadette evolves into Peachette. What the hell is a Toad, then?!

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
If anyone ever tells you "Meowth isn't recurring/iconic enough to warrant a role as playable" or something along those lines, just tell them "Have Mewtwo, Charizard, Jigglypuff ect ever cosplayed Steven Spielberg?"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Aurane Aurane posted this on NintenZone Social.

What do you think of Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee?

It seems Team Rocket shows up in Viridian City where they replaced the old man who taught you how to catch Pokémon. Hmm... wonder if Team Rocket was teaching you how to steal Pokémon.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Aurane Aurane posted this on NintenZone Social.

What do you think of Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee?

It seems Team Rocket shows up in Viridian City where they replaced the old man who taught you how to catch Pokémon. Hmm... wonder if Team Rocket was teaching you how to steal Pokémon.
I'm pretty sure Joe knows.

Serebii Serebii what exactly is Team Rocket doing in that particular scene? Do they teach you how to catch a Pokémon or are they simply a roadblock?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If they speak lines of dialogues in that scene, does Meowth as well? I don't believe we've seen him doing any spoken lines yet.
Meowth didn’t talk in the original Pokémon Yellow.

I’m guessing it’s the same in Pokémon Let’s Go.

Team Rocket Meowth in the anime talks and doesn’t use Pay Day.

Team Rocket Meowth in the games doesn’t talk but knows Pay Day.

I’m assuming if Team Rocket Meowth gets in Smash, it will be the one from the games.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Meowth didn’t talk in the original Pokémon Yellow.

I’m guessing it’s the same in Pokémon Let’s Go.

Team Rocket Meowth in the anime talks and doesn’t use Pay Day.

Team Rocket Meowth in the games doesn’t talk but knows Pay Day.

I’m assuming if Team Rocket Meowth gets in Smash, it will be the one from the games.
Well to be fair Team Rocket Meowth in Yellow not only wasn't in the overworld but was also used in battle, which doesn't seem to be the case here for both things.
Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't talk but I do hope he does.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well to be fair Team Rocket Meowth in Yellow not only wasn't in the overworld but was also used in battle, which doesn't seem to be the case here for both things.
I would be disappointed if we cannot battle Team Rocket Meowth in Pokémon Let's Go. :ohwell:

Is Nintendo a monkey's paw or something? Team Rocket is back in the games but you can't battle Meowth. :facepalm:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I would be disappointed if we cannot battle Team Rocket Meowth in Pokémon Let's Go. :ohwell:

Is Nintendo a monkey's paw or something? Team Rocket is back in the games but you can't battle Meowth. :facepalm:
As much as I love Meowth, he was rarely much of a regular battler usually opting for technical things like machines, mechs, weapons and such, kind of why I saw him sort of as both a person and a Pokemon, which added charm to him in my opinion. Though he's shown his moves before, most especially during the episode where he fell in love with a Glameow and another during a battle vs Team Plasma, and we cannot forget the time Colress took control over him:

However, that is not to say other Meowths have not battled before. Tyson's Meowth most especially, was a superb battler, even beating Pikachu in the Hoenn league.

And he still appears in a number of other games as an option or side character (even if not the actual 100% Team Rocket Meowth, it is still very obvious he influenced it), I'd argue even being behind Pikachu in appearances overall, even back in BW when they had focused much less on every other Mon outside of gen 5, he stayed alongside Pikachu, though they didn't focus a lot on him that hard, which I think is what turns people off, we undoubtely know and agree Meowth appears in a ton, however, he doesn't usually have a standout role in a number of them, granted there's so many. Pikachu usually does because it's Pikachu and we all know how much they like to milk him.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I saw him sort of as both a person and a Pokemon, which added charm to him in my opinion.
You remember that famous episode where Meowth battled Onix?

It revealed that Meowth forgot he is a Pokémon.

Also, the dialogue between Meowth and Team Rocket before that partly inspired my current idea of Meowth using Arbok and Weezing in Smash.

Last edited:

CatTastic

Smash Cadet
You remember that famous episode where Meowth battled Onix?

It revealed that Meowth forgot he is a Pokémon.

Also, the dialogue between Meowth and Team Rocket before that partly inspired my current idea of Meowth using Arbok and Weezing in Smash.
Going by that logic Meowth might as well not do anything.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I feel we could make a large op in this thread summarizing Meowth's appearances through Pokemon, all around history, Smash support material and so on. I'd be up for it though I don't consider myself the strongest writer, I have a nice idea on how it could look.
Though I suppose with its confirmed Pokeball appearance a new thread owner and big op wouldn't really be warranted, but I am quite passionate about the idea.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I’m still salty that Meowth was not in Melee... he was only a trophy... not even a Pokeball appearance... I always felt that Meowth was going to be in Melee... but somehow he was low priority and didn’t get in.

This injustice must be fixed! Justice for Meowth now!

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I’m still salty that Meowth was not in Melee... he was only a trophy... not even a Pokeball appearance... I always felt that Meowth was going to be in Melee... but somehow he was low priority and didn’t get in.

This injustice must be fixed! Justice for Meowth now!
I actually thought his Melee appearance was the most justice we had gotten so far.

Didn't appear in just an RNG based item not even saying a single line or expressing much at all let alone saying a single line, not even a "Meowth" when talking is something he's known for. Just there for the sake of being there but with almost nothing else besides just the model of Meowth, really. Just a plain Meowth.
But in Melee, if you completed some harder parts of the All Star mode (forgot the precise requirements), you'd be rewarded with an all expressive Meowth, based on Meowth achieving his dreams in the description, wielding his guitar. It set him apart from the other Pokemon like how he truly feels and could be in Smash.

Even if it was just a trophy, it's certainly the best appearance he had in Smash in my opinion due to how they represented him.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You were supposed to beat All Star Mode with everyone to get Meowth trophy. Ugh... I wish Meowth was a Melee veteran... and then he certainly would have come back in Ultimate with “everyone”. Instead we have to continue fighting for Meowth to be a newcomer.

I feel that Team Rocket is probably Meowth’s best option to get in Smash. I think that maybe Sakurai doesn’t see a stand-alone Meowth as interesting enough for him... so that’s why I started exploring ideas of Meowth being teamed with Arbok and Weezing (or Ekans and Koffing). Maybe that might be something Sakurai finds exciting.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
You were supposed to beat All Star Mode with everyone to get Meowth trophy. Ugh... I wish Meowth was a Melee veteran... and then he certainly would have come back in Ultimate with “everyone”. Instead we have to continue fighting for Meowth to be a newcomer.

I feel that Team Rocket is probably Meowth’s best option to get in Smash. I think that maybe Sakurai doesn’t see a stand-alone Meowth as interesting enough for him... so that’s why I started exploring ideas of Meowth being teamed with Arbok and Weezing (or Ekans and Koffing). Maybe that might be something Sakurai finds exciting.
That's what I was thinking, back in 64 to Brawl Meowth could have been considered for more of a standalone I feel, I'd still like him as one but after Brawl around the Smash 4 era he really needed more of a standout, we do thankfully still have Team Rocket as you mentioned. But I agree it is dumb we're in this position to begin with, people wouldn't defend Jigglypuff's inclusion while being against Meowth's for whatever reasons had they warmed up to him with him being in Smash.
Same kind of happened with Duck Hunt before he got added, which I'm sure you may know.

Also an old Pokemon artwork has been restored, featuring Meowth.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know it all too well. :ultduckhunt:

Even though I was a staunch supporter of Duck Hunt Dog since 2002, I thought Duck Hunt Dog was impossible and Meowth had a chance... but it was the other way around all along.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Meowth should of got in over Jigglypuff. Sadly I don't really support him if she sticks around cause I rather a more = distribution of Pokemon reps across gens. Gen 3 and 5 really could use someone like Gardevoir and Krookodile. Maybe if the series does a reboot after Ultimate we can see Meowth step up. Alolan Meowth is also adorable, sadly the Persian is pretty ugly. Though I guess if we get Meowth with a Alolan Meowth Echo that'd take care of both Meowth and Gen 7.

Meowth Fan.gif

Meowth Alola Hugs.gif

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Meowth should of got in over Jigglypuff. Sadly I don't really support him if she sticks around cause I rather a more = distribution of Pokemon reps across gens. Gen 3 and 5 really could use someone like Gardevoir and Krookodile. Maybe if the series does a reboot after Ultimate we can see Meowth step up. Alolan Meowth is also adorable, sadly the Persian is pretty ugly. Though I guess if we get Meowth with a Alolan Meowth Echo that'd take care of both Meowth and Gen 7.

View attachment 165734
View attachment 165736
While it is true that the generation representation can be an issue, I feel people overlook one big pro Meowth/Team Rocket would bring: They would bring a true villain to the Pokemon franchise, something it lacks. People have argued Mewtwo is one but it never had truly evil intentions and you got to capture it later, Team Rocket in the other hand is pretty iconic for being the most iconic villains for Pokemon, similar to how :ultpokemontrainer:is iconic for being the main protagonist out of them all. Heck Pokemon had no villain character featured in the King K. Rool trailer.

Meowth is pretty synonimous with it, in addition often being paired up with/against Pikachu so I feel he could work for it. As a standalone it is incredibly unlikely now, but with a Team Rocket based motif, I think it could certainly work. I feel people focus too much solely on the generation they debuted rather than focusing on what the Pokemon themselves could represent.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope these illustrations are clear and concise.

They illustrate my Team Rocket Pokémon Trainer concept.

I posted them on Twitter.

Team Rocket Pokemon Trainer Concept 01.png
Team Rocket Pokemon Trainer Concept 02.png
Team Rocket Pokemon Trainer Concept 03.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll never get why Meowth was never considered for Smash. He feels like he could had been in since Melee tbh considering his popularity. Too bad he's a Poke Ball again as he would had been the perfect villain/rival to Pikachu as Bowser is to Mario, DK to K. Rool, Ganondorf to Link and Ridley to Samus.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'll never get why Meowth was never considered for Smash. He feels like he could had been in since Melee tbh considering his popularity. Too bad he's a Poke Ball again as he would had been the perfect villain/rival to Pikachu as Bowser is to Mario, DK to K. Rool, Ganondorf to Link and Ridley to Samus.
I have always suspected that Meowth was planned to be a Melee newcomer. He was a Pokeball Pokémon in Smash 64 but not in Melee. But he is a Pokeball Pokémon again in Brawl, SSB4, and Ultimate... almost as if Sakurai gave up on the idea since 1st gen isn’t relevant.

I guess 1st gen was relevant during pre-Brawl with FireRed and LeafGreen... and of course Red and the Kanto starters are obviously more important than Meowth so they are higher priority and got in as “Pokémon Trainer”.

4th gen was also relevant during pre-Brawl... and Lucario was the face of the 4th gen thanks to the Lucario movie... so we got Lucario.

1st gen wasn’t relevant during pre-SSB4... so we got a random starter - Greninja. Sakurai lucked out that Greninja became popular in the games after he picked it from the concept art before X and Y even came out.

But 1st gen is relevant again with Let’s Go... and this time Jessie and James finally came back. But I fear it’s too late... Ultimate and Let’s Go are coming out this year... and both Meowth and Eevee (I guess it’s Meowth’s main competition for 1st gen newcomer) are Pokeball Pokemon again so I don’t think they will be DLC.

I feel like Meowth still can have a chance if 1st gen is still relevant after 8th gen but before Sakurai starts working on Smash 6 (the game after Ultimate)... and if Jessie and James are still appearing in new games after Let’s Go. Meowth getting his own games would be helpful... I’m still resentful that Pikachu suddenly talks like a human in Detective Pikachu... that game could have been Meowth’s!

That’s why I’m not only asking for Meowth and Team Rocket for Smash but also for Meowth and Team Rocket to be in more games after Let’s Go and hopefully their own games.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I have always suspected that Meowth was planned to be a Melee newcomer. He was a Pokeball Pokémon in Smash 64 but not in Melee. But he is a Pokeball Pokémon again in Brawl, SSB4, and Ultimate... almost as if Sakurai gave up on the idea since 1st gen isn’t relevant.

I guess 1st gen was relevant during pre-Brawl with FireRed and LeafGreen... and of course Red and the Kanto starters are obviously more important than Meowth so they are higher priority and got in as “Pokémon Trainer”.

4th gen was also relevant during pre-Brawl... and Lucario was the face of the 4th gen thanks to the Lucario movie... so we got Lucario.

1st gen wasn’t relevant during pre-SSB4... so we got a random starter - Greninja. Sakurai lucked out that Greninja became popular in the games after he picked it from the concept art before X and Y even came out.

But 1st gen is relevant again with Let’s Go... and this time Jessie and James finally came back. But I fear it’s too late... Ultimate and Let’s Go are coming out this year... and both Meowth and Eevee (I guess it’s Meowth’s main competition for 1st gen newcomer) are Pokeball Pokemon again so I don’t think they will be DLC.

I feel like Meowth still can have a chance if 1st gen is still relevant after 8th gen but before Sakurai starts working on Smash 6 (the game after Ultimate)... and if Jessie and James are still appearing in new games after Let’s Go. Meowth getting his own games would be helpful... I’m still resentful that Pikachu suddenly talks like a human in Detective Pikachu... that game could have been Meowth’s!

That’s why I’m not only asking for Meowth and Team Rocket for Smash but also for Meowth and Team Rocket to be in more games after Let’s Go and hopefully their own games.
The thing about Meowth in my opinion is while he often is not the center of attention, he doesn't really rely on generation 1 focus to stay relevant, I'd argue even Charizard has relied on it more albeit they have given it much more attention when they did. I've always seen Meowth as a lesser marketed Pikachu but similar to him, is very recurring regardless, even during the gen 5 shift focus he and Pikachu stayed, even Charizard got less attention during that while he still fulfilled almost the same role being very recurring albeit not in the spotlight. It is why I feel Meowth is a prime contender but doesn't stand as a fan favorite to as many.

I believe he was ranked fairly high for Pokemon characters in the Melee poll but was absent from the Brawl poll from Sakurai? I still saw him having some fairly notable things going for him during gen 3 and early 4 too, though I may go over that at some other point.
Also for SSB4 I felt the focus for Mewtwo's return drew the luck away for us getting another non brand new gen rep, including Meowth. As it felt they substituted that role with Mewtwo's return.

Edit: Also despite all this, I do find it both special and ironic that Meowth is fairly sparse in terms of distributions across regions, being native to only Kanto, Johto and somewhat Kalos but only the Alolan form and it wasn't native at first. Kind of makes it rare which makes it a bit special but also somewhat uncommon within the main series games, at least in battle. This mostly only applied to Pikachu in Unova, although it wasn't obtainable in the Johto region itself. Actually Pikachu while being more available is also quite uncommon, being in the Safari Zone in Hoenn, Trophy Garden in Sinnoh and a bit more common for Kalos and Alola albeit still fairly sparse. Unsurprising Pikachu is kind of just kept special, such as in Yellow where you can only obtain a single one and it can't evolve, the Cosplay Pikachus in ORAS. However this does not change that he's marketed a ton, which is also something I felt Meowth was but to a lesser extent of course, since this is Pikachu we're talking about.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Some of you may recall that Funko Pop! is going to have Pokémon figures. Source

According to this, the first Pokémon figures are going to be Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Mewtwo, Meowth, and M (Chase) (who?).

Pikachu is already announced. The Kanto starters and Mewtwo are obvious choices for Wave 1. But Meowth? Hmm... interesting. Not Eevee or Jigglypuff or even Mew? But then again, M (Chase) could be Mew or something, I don't know. But the point is... Meowth could be among the first Pokémon Funko Pop! figures.

Is Meowth a random literally who Pokémon? I don't think so.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Some of you may recall that Funko Pop! is going to have Pokémon figures. Source

According to this, the first Pokémon figures are going to be Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Mewtwo, Meowth, and M (Chase) (who?).

Pikachu is already announced. The Kanto starters and Mewtwo are obvious choices for Wave 1. But Meowth? Hmm... interesting. Not Eevee or Jigglypuff or even Mew? But then again, M (Chase) could be Mew or something, I don't know. But the point is... Meowth could be among the first Pokémon Funko Pop! figures.

Is Meowth a random literally who Pokémon? I don't think so.
As stated before on this thread, I can near 100% say it's factors lead by the Smash community which lead to the perception of Meowth not being as relevant (or near as) to Pokemon as:4mewtwo:and:4charizard: alongside the fact that a number of them don't follow Pokemon deeply so they tend to mostly focus on the bigger and more fully evolved Pokemon.

:4pikachu:would also fall under the same aspect but due to him being considered more of a mascot for protagonists in how he has always been promoted, it leads to him staying secured much more easily and also remaining so iconic he's a secure in that too. Pikachu is in a whole other league of it thanks to that so it's unfair to compare them too much like that but when it comes to any other, without a doubt I can agree he is at the top tier of it.

I mean I know it's not an official site but for comparision look at how many pictures each have in the pictures section of their category on Bulbapedia (+ the sub sections for Meowth and Pikachu).
Meowth
Mewtwo
Charizard
Pikachu

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just found this video.

The Pokémon Company just made a video where Meowth is teaching kids to clean up litter.

Lyrics
  • There’s an empty can on the street. Whose empty can is it?
  • Before anything noticed, who collected it?
  • Meowth Meowth I love to collect things
  • Meowth Meowth I love round things
  • There’s lots of litter falling on the street.
  • Before anything noticed, who collected them?
  • Meowth Meowth I love shiny things
  • Meowth Meowth I pick up rubbish and throw them away
  • Meowth Meowth I love shining surfaces
  • Meowth Meowth I love the clean street

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Well it is confirmed that Meowth does not speak in Pokemon Let's Go:
A shame, considering he isn't used in battles either, he should have this trait as a trade. Granted talking overworld Pokemon isn't something I recall in previous Pokemon games, but this is Meowth.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Well even more anime influence.
Greninja's final smash has been confirmed to be Ash Greninja.
So much for all the people substituting their reason against Meowth as "Anime reps aren't allowed" instead of being honest and just saying "Because he's lame" like they really feel. (Sorry I just need to let some steam off from the past)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I’m a little disappointed and resentful that Sakurai references the anime in Smash and yet he still doesn’t include Team Rocket Meowth in Smash.

20 years and still no Meowth? Are you kidding me?

Meowth is the Toad of the Pokémon series.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I love this so much!

I like how Ekans and Koffing are together instead of separate. That’s how you know they are supposed to represent Team Rocket.

Pokémon Let’s Go Meowth needs to happen.

1540043694570.jpeg

Team Rocket in Smash really should be Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing (or Meowth, Arbok, and Weezing) as a trio character.

It’s hard to choose which option could work best for Team Rocket.

:ultpokemontrainer: Jessie and James are Red and Leaf. Team Rocket Pokémon are the Kanto starters. This one applies to all three options below.

:ulticeclimbers: Meowth is Popo. The Poison-type Pokémon are Nana. Down Special to switch Poison-type Pokémon. They can be separated.

:ultrosalina: Meowth is Rosalina. The Poison-type Pokémon are the Lumas. Down Special to switch Poison-type Pokémon. They can be separated.

:ultduckhunt: Meowth is Duck Hunt Dog. The Poison-type Pokemon are the Duck. Down Special to switch Poison-type Pokémon. They cannot be separated.

Got any other ideas of a trio character?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I love this so much!

I like how Ekans and Koffing are together instead of separate. That’s how you know they are supposed to represent Team Rocket.

Pokémon Let’s Go Meowth needs to happen.

View attachment 170864

Team Rocket in Smash really should be Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing (or Meowth, Arbok, and Weezing) as a trio character.

It’s hard to choose which option could work best for Team Rocket.

:ultpokemontrainer: Jessie and James are Red and Leaf. Team Rocket Pokémon are the Kanto starters. This one applies to all three options below.

:ulticeclimbers: Meowth is Popo. The Poison-type Pokémon are Nana. Down Special to switch Poison-type Pokémon. They can be separated.

:ultrosalina: Meowth is Rosalina. The Poison-type Pokémon are the Lumas. Down Special to switch Poison-type Pokémon. They can be separated.

:ultduckhunt: Meowth is Duck Hunt Dog. The Poison-type Pokemon are the Duck. Down Special to switch Poison-type Pokémon. They cannot be separated.

Got any other ideas of a trio character?
I think Duck Hunt would be best.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So... I am sure many of you already heard about this Grinch mural leak.

I took the liberty of identifying all the characters, including the possible leaked characters. This is it.

81 playable characters!!!

Smash Mural Grinch Leak.png

Still no Meowth. We saw this coming anyway. So... where do we go from here? For me, I say we ought to just redouble our efforts and continue showing our support for Meowth and Team Rocket no matter what. Meowth and Team Rocket have my unconditional support.

For now, I am going to focus on designing two movesets for Team Rocket... one for Meowth & Ekans (or Arbok) team and one for Meowth & Koffing (or Weezing) team.

I don't know what their moves will be... but I know for sure the Down Special move definitely will be Pokémon Change - same as Pokémon Trainer's Down Special - where Jessie and James take turns sending out and recalling their Pokémon... so Ekans/Arbok and Koffing/Weezing take turns as Meowth's Double Battle partner.

I always felt that the Double Battle feature in the Pokémon games would be suitable for Team Rocket. It pays homage to their motto - "Prepare for trouble! Make it double!" - and it represents their willingness to play dirty (two against one) to win.

I am posting this picture again to remind myself to stay motivated.

challenger approaching Team Rocket.png

Latest Meowth-related Pokémon-related news

Pokémon cosplay for cats: New gacha capsule toy series from Japan

1540433002921.png

'Pokemon' Anime Shares Super Slick Mecha Nod

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This next one is good!

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu And Eevee Make Some Welcome Changes, But Also Some Concerning Ones

Since their unveiling, Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee have been billed as reimaginings of Pokemon Yellow rather than straight remakes, and that distinction was evident as we explored Mt. Moon. While the titles seem to follow the same general story beats as the classic Game Boy game, they also diverge in some unexpected ways, most notably in our encounter with Team Rocket. In the original Yellow version, Jessie and James first appear toward the end of the cave, after you've obtained one of the fossils. Here, you cross paths with them immediately upon entering Mt. Moon. Rather than battle you on the spot, however, the villains flee, leading you into the heart of the cave. Pokemon: Let's Go director Junichi Masuda teased that there are many other new instances like this peppered throughout the game, and Team Rocket in particular will play a more prominent role, showing up more frequently throughout the course of the adventure than they did in the original.
Oh, this next one seems very important!

How Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee Update Pokémon Yellow For A New Generation

Team Rocket seems to play a more prominent role in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. Does this mean we'll see more of Jessie, James, and Meowth during the story?

Masuda: Yeah, they definitely appear more in the game than in the original Pokemon Yellow Version. With these two games, we really set out at the very beginning with a main target in mind, which was younger kids who maybe didn't own their own smartphones and weren't able to really participate in the Pokemon Go craze that happened. They weren't able to go out and join in on that fun, so really providing them with a really fun experience that also had some of that Pokemon Go gameplay. But at the same time, we wanted to introduce these new players, for whom this might be their first Pokemon game, through the original story, kind of ease them into the Pokemon experience that way.

Also, I thought it would be fun if players who maybe enjoyed the original game--they're now much older, probably in their 30s--they'd be able to interact with maybe their own kids or other kids that they know that are playing the game. They would actually know the general flow of the story, maybe able to give advice like where to go next and things like that. With Team Rocket, because the animated series is popular--it's in like 85-plus countries--I imagine a lot of those younger kids will have seen the animated series, even if they haven't played the game. So, we're trying to add in the elements like that to make it easier for them to get into the world and recognize the setup.
It seems to me that Masuda and/or maybe the Pokémon Company is trying to make Jessie, James, and Meowth more important in the games (or at least specifically Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee) because the anime is popular all over the world. People from 85+ countries should be able to recognize Jessie, James, and Meowth whether they did or did not play the Pokémon games. Oooh! Team Rocket in Smash would not only attract older fans in their 30s but also the next generation of fans. I'm telling you, Team Rocket is the most ideal Pokémon newcomer for Smash! They are popular and timeless characters that transcend the 1st gen and the anime.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
You know it just dawned on me. Some time ago, there was a poll held in Japan, which was a general top 100 Pokémon Election. I'm uncertain of the sample size or how the poll it self was conducted but here are the results:

Here we can actually see our favorite feline right here, IN THE TOP 100, the scratch cat's standing is 82 and that's pretty impressive considering there's over 700 Pokémon. I bring this up because this shows there are quite a few fans in Japan who like Meowth, and I think a good course of action would be trying to get some spark going on for Meowth in Japan. Are there any supporters here who are Japanese or speak it fluently? Getting support in the east would greatly help Meowth's chances, I personally feel Meowth couldn't possibly make it base game, unless Sakurai pulls a Sakurai and Meowth actually does make it base game. However, DLC is a viable option as it seems like Smash Ult. is definitely going to see some long running support.
Wow I feel bad for :134: and :135:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Latest Meowth-related Pokémon-related news

Pokémon cosplay for cats: New gacha capsule toy series from Japan

View attachment 171752

'Pokemon' Anime Shares Super Slick Mecha Nod

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This next one is good!

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu And Eevee Make Some Welcome Changes, But Also Some Concerning Ones

Oh, this next one seems very important!

How Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee Update Pokémon Yellow For A New Generation

It seems to me that Masuda and/or maybe the Pokémon Company is trying to make Jessie, James, and Meowth more important in the games (or at least specifically Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee) because the anime is popular all over the world. People from 85+ countries should be able to recognize Jessie, James, and Meowth whether they did or did not play the Pokémon games. Oooh! Team Rocket in Smash would not only attract older fans in their 30s but also the next generation of fans. I'm telling you, Team Rocket is the most ideal Pokémon newcomer for Smash! They are popular and timeless characters that transcend the 1st gen and the anime.
Speaking of that Tweet.
38B1B01D-783F-4FBA-B364-E1A2CD055029.jpeg

Jessie Lina Inverse has become canon, I was actually imagining that about a month ago or so when I found out they had the same VA. I didn't think they'd actually do this, this is amazing.

Top Bottom