• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Textbook" Roy combos?

Bozo302

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if there really was a "textbook" Roy combo. i.e. a roy combo that most roy players generally do; because I'm having trouble making my combos last long and I would really like to step up my roy game as I played him since melee!!

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
I was wondering if there really was a "textbook" Roy combo. i.e. a roy combo that most roy players generally do; because I'm having trouble making my combos last long and I would really like to step up my roy game as I played him since melee!!
D-tilt -> U-air -> U-air -> U-air -> U-air -> U-air -> F-air -> F-air or reverse B-air if close enough to the edge of the stage

Last edited:

Vicas

Smash Rookie
D-tilt->literally any aerial, depending on what you're trying to go for

D-tilr->meteor D-air->D-tilt for maximum disrespect

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Is there a certain way to chain UAir's together? I seem to drop mine at the first or second one.
Other than making sure that you're fast falling and L-canceling after every U-air, not really.

Last edited:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
I do indeed. But it seems like my opponent just falls and won't be juggled. I don't get it.
If that is the case, mix in D-tilts and U-tilts (mostly D-tilts) until higher percents when you can just use U-air to juggle. And if you think that they might be able to escape your U-air's hitstun before you can hit them with D-tilt, F-air chain them across the stage (if possible).

Last edited:

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
If that is the case, mix in D-tilts and U-tilts (mostly D-tilts) until higher percents when you can just use U-air. And if you think that they might be able to escape your U-air's hitstun before you can hit them with D-tilt, F-air chain them across the stage (if possible).
Thank you so much for the advice!

GOLDENMOP

Smash Cadet
I Like
SH (Short Hop) Fair -> DTilt -> FH (Full Hop) Double Fair -> FSmash, Its a decently short combo and isn't too hard to learn
EDIT: This only works if your opponent doesn't DI correctly, sorry about the confusion

Last edited:

GOLDENMOP

Smash Cadet
this combo is completely dependent on your opponent DI'ing incorrectly
Yeah sorry I had done it before and thought it worked but then I tried it after and realized that was how it isn't really reliable unless they have no DI

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
D-tilt -> up air -> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air-> up air -> bair

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Actually, it can prove effective to use
d-tilt-> x*up-air -> bair/nB
with x<16 because why would you continue a combo when you have a guaranteed KO, just increases the messup probability.

Top Bottom