• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetris

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Hi!

Object of the game:
I’m pretty sure everyone is familiar with Tetris. If not, basically the object of the game is to score points by lining up squares horizontally, or clearing lines. Usually Tetris is a one player (or 2P versus) game. However, since this a forum game, everyone gets a chance to play! The game ends when the play area runs out, which is achieved by clearing lines. The person with the most points at the end of the game wins, and gets their name, score, and number of wins posted on the leaderboards.

Layout:
Play area
Tetris board w/ 5 pieces

Post format
When posting, please follow this format:

Tetris board w/ the piece you placed on the play area
Your score
The next piece to be used (yellow, purple, green, red or blue)

How to play:
1. Copy the play area w/ pieces, and place the next piece onto the play area
2. Save it as a .bmp
3. Upload the image
4. Update your score and pick which piece the next person has to use

Note: When clearing lines, highlight the line(s) you cleared, and tag it with your name.

Example:

Rules:

1. The same piece cannot be used twice in a row (pick a different piece than the person before you).

2. No double posting, of course.

3. If a situation occurs where two people reply to same post, the later post can be edited as a reply to the post that happened just before it. If the later post isn’t properly edited, it is ignored and the points don’t count.

Scoring:

5 points - placing a piece on the board (play area)
10 points - clearing a line
20 points - clearing two lines
30 points - clearing three lines
40 points - clearing four lines

Updates/FAQ’s/C&C
06/02/11 - Thanks for reading, and enjoy!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Interesting game.

I don't really know how to make mine look nice, since I'm not opening anything more advanced than MSPaint to do this. You all just have to deal with the white outline!
Score:5
Next piece: Purple
Kind of a lot of work =p

Kantrip

Kantplay
This is interesting indeed :p
Did I do this right?

Score:15 (is that right?)
Next piece: Yellow

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
@ Crimsom Feint: Yes, you're right. 5 points for putting a piece on the play area, plus 10 for clearing the line!

@ Sold2: There's an icon you can click on to take away the white outline when cutting and pasting. When you click on the dotted rectangle, you should see two more icons appear. They both have a yellow rectangle, with a blue cylinder, red cirlce, and a green cube with a dotted rectangle around it. The second one (icon) is the one you want to use. I hope this helps. If not, we'll take care of you.:)

Score: 10
Next piece: Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom