• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetra for Smash Ultimate. Happy 35 years for the Legend of Zelda!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Hyrule Warriors Legends/Definitive Edition combined the Earth and Wind Temples. Maybe something like that?

I don't really like super huge stages, though. Palutena's Temple is so freaking enormous that even with eight players you spend half the time just chasing your opponents. If you're playing a heavy character, forget about it. I think OG Temple from Melee is about as big as any stage ever needs to me.

Anyhoo, enjoy this spectacularly crappy drawing of what a Forest Haven/Forbidden Woods stage could look like. The brown things on the left and right are branch platforms. The purple circles are Baba Buds.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I think the Forsaken Fortress is the most logical choice. It could even have the Helmaroc King as a stage boss, if they're still doing that. Personally, I'd prefer Forest Haven and/or the Forbidden Woods. Imagine fighting on the Deku Tree, rocketing around with Baba Buds, avoiding Dexivines that gradually damage you. Sounds pretty fun to me!
Can’t believe I never thought about this but man, the Forsaken Fortress has so much potential as a stage. It would be cool if at some point it had stealth involved where you had to stay away from the moving spotlights controlled by the searchlights in the background or else you’d be spotted and the bokoblins would start launching bombs at you.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Hm tetra or toon zelda was always a small wish of me but there a some problems with the inclusion

1st: Shiek/ Sheik
It is already a second version of Zelda but im sure that barely any Zelda Fan wants her in so it should be an easy fix just replace her (i mean him hes so Mysterious hahaha)

2nd: Toon Zelda or Tetra
There are pros and cons on both tonn zelda is more general while tetra is more unique

3rd: Zelda (botw+ Botw2)
If she gets in as adult zelda thasn theres a need for a "classic" zelda which Sprit Tracks Zelda could fill

Why would she (botw zelda) be added?
Because i think she was redesinged to fulfill one of these things
1st: Second player (my best Case)
2nd: Gender Option
3rd: Replacing Link (i would cry if this happens worst case)
4th: Getting a spinoff franchise Either The Adventure of Zelda or The Ledgend of Link (also really cool)

What do you think about Toon Zelda getting in because she could be the Classic Zelda in that Case (because actual Classic zelda is just a boring Damsel)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I don't really think a removal of sheik would be necessary. We already have 3 incarnations of link in the game, so why not have 3 incarnations of zelda too?
but Shiek was in one game also shiek is a blue Pants Zelda if we add tetra and botw zelda aswell we have 3 of them seems a bit exessive right?

duxx

Smash Ace
I honestly don't see a reason for Nintendo to add a BotW Zelda AND regular Zelda, they would probably just add her as an alt of regular Zelda with no moveset change

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I honestly don't see a reason for Nintendo to add a BotW Zelda AND regular Zelda, they would probably just add her as an alt of regular Zelda with no moveset change
But she cannot use magic so it wouldnt work

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
but Shiek was in one game also shiek is a blue Pants Zelda if we add tetra and botw zelda aswell we have 3 of them seems a bit exessive right?
People once said the same thing about Toon Link and Young Link being in the same game as "regular" Link, including myself.

Nothing along those lines is gonna stop another Zelda from joining the battle at this point.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy Women's Day!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Source Gaming did a cut characters for Brawl video.

call me pedantic but characters who were considered aren’t the same as characters who’s inclusion had started and therefore weren’t cut

also in what sense was Geno cut? He was never considered let alone removed from development

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
With Nintendo's E3 presentation on the way in the morning, this might be Tetra's last chance to join the battle. There's only two DLC newcomers left to be unveiled and I don't think she'd be the very last one, if were she either of them in the first place.

I don't have high hopes for our favorite Pirate at this point, but I'm not giving up. I'll probably be satisfied with most other possible newcomers anyway, being content with the roster as it is already. What do you all think? Still have hope for the captain? Looking forward to anything else at E3?

It being LoZ's 35th anniversary, we could get anything from a long-awaited update on Breath of the Wild 2 to Switch ports of Wind Waker HD and/or Twilight Princess HD. In the case of the ports, hypothetically, that would be an ideal time to reveal a Tetra to coincide with that, though I doubt it since other upcoming games hardly have anything to do with newcomer reveals anymore. Still, perhaps the anniversary on the whole could coincide with the reveal of any Zelda newcomer? I won't count it out, as unlikely as it may sound.

Also, I believe the supporter list is overdue for an update. I'll remedy that right away.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Toon Zelda+Tetra would be far more feasible than the Four Champions leak, but I'm still not sure if either group would be CP10.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Toon Zelda+Tetra would be far more feasible than the Four Champions leak, but I'm still not sure if either group would be CP10.
I'd accept another transformation set of characters after Pokemon Trainer and Pyra/Mythra proved that the mechanic can still work, but yeah, I don't have much hope for that, either.

Also, I advise keeping leak talk under spoilers from here on out in this thread, even if there's not much conversation here until the presentation.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
With Nintendo's E3 presentation on the way in the morning, this might be Tetra's last chance to join the battle. There's only two DLC newcomers left to be unveiled and I don't think she'd be the very last one, if were she either of them in the first place.
I don't have high hopes for our favorite Pirate at this point, but I'm not giving up. I'll probably be satisfied with most other possible newcomers anyway, being content with the roster as it is already. What do you all think? Still have hope for the captain? Looking forward to anything else at E3?

It being LoZ's 35th anniversary, we could get anything from a long-awaited update on Breath of the Wild 2 to Switch ports of Wind Waker HD and/or Twilight Princess HD. In the case of the ports, hypothetically, that would be an ideal time to reveal a Tetra to coincide with that, though I doubt it since other upcoming games hardly have anything to do with newcomer reveals anymore. Still, perhaps the anniversary on the whole could coincide with the reveal of any Zelda newcomer? I won't count it out, as unlikely as it may sound.

Also, I believe the supporter list is overdue for an update. I'll remedy that right away.
Imo Tetra is one of the most long overdue not just Zelda characters but also Nintendo ones alike. Sadly I don’t see her happening as well. The last Zelda game where she shined was Hyrule Warriors, which came out almost 7 years ago and unfortunately she doesn’t really have enough support to compensate that. Realistically Nintendo would pick a BotW character for this time around. Still hope dies last and Toon Link still needs a companion.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, the days of SSBU speculation are over. The DLC line is finished. I thought I'd share a few final thoughts on everything before the newcomer support threads get locked.

Concerning the final character, I was ecstatic about Sora. KHs I and II are among my favorite video games and I was genuinely shocked and happy to see that familiar mouse icon. Hollow Bastion is also a welcome new stage, as it's a very iconic and important location from both games. I can't be displeased with this final newcomer, nor with the final DLC line-up in general.

That being said, Tetra missing out is still a shame. This would've been the ideal Smash game for her to join, both because she woud've been the first Zelda newcomer since Brawl, and because it's such an ambitious projection and celebration of both Nintendo and video games in general. However, the same can be said about virtually every other Nintendo character, and plenty of third-party characters as well. You can't please everyone. Almost everyone surely had newcomers they wanted that ultimately didn't or couldn't make the final cut. Tetra is just one among many in that regard. Fan support can pay off, and newcomers such as Ridley, K. Rool and Sora are perfect examples of that, but sometimes there's only so much we can do. And that's okay. Ultimate is still an amazing game, and quite arguably the best entry in the Super Smash Bros. series yet. I'm personally thrilled with the final product, and I was even before the first DLC newcomers of Fighter Pass #1 were announced.

Tetra remains an important part of the Zelda series, and is clearly important to a lot of people here. Wind Waker is a fantastic game and Nintendo has done an excellent job of honoring it's legacy. Tetra in particular has reappeared in multiple games in the series, mainline and spin-offs alike, so even if she didn't make land at Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, she is far from forgotten. And with a dedicated fanbase like this, she won't be forgotten any time soon. Thank you for showing your support for the pirate captain.

So what do you all think of the final roster? The last of the DLC Fighters? Do you have hope Tetra could join the battle in a future Super Smash Bros. game?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So what do you all think of the final roster? The last of the DLC Fighters? Do you have hope Tetra could join the battle in a future Super Smash Bros. game?
final roster is a very mixed bag. but i think the good till out ways the bad
the last dlc character is the best 3rd party character weve ever had
no i dont have any hope for tetra any more

Top Bottom