• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VI vids

Tyr_03

Smash Champion

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
It really seemed like you didn't know the pit matchup at all and had to learn it midfight. You kept getting hit by two arrows which can be avoided by shielding the second if you get hit by the first. The magnet comes out too slowly to absorb an arrow after you got hit by the first one, unless there is a huge difference in space.

First game you just genuinely outplayed him. There wasn't really much to say about it. I just wonder why you dair so much.

Second match is a bit different. He took you to BF. There were three main contributing factors to your loss: not knowing the matchup, The SD first stock and you being on the platform. I'm not sure if you were trying to platform camp or something, but that doesn't work against Pit... at all. It actually puts him at a huge advantage. If you rewatch the match, You'll notice that almost every time you were on the platform there was a negative outcome on your part. All you had to do was just sit on the main stage with him, and you would have been fine. Pit isn't the best approacher, so he would have been hard pressed to get to you. He wanted you above him or in the air, and you fell right into it.

I suck on Brinstar, so I don't really know what to say about that lol. Japes is my CP, though it's usually banned. =/

Chuee

Smash Hero
Dont FH PKfire so much. It can get really predictable after awhile.
PF pretty much said the rest.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I was trying new things against Pit to see if they would work. Sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't. In the results thread he accused me of camping and I lol'd. I made a lot of errors in that set for some reason. Like killing myself off the ledge lol. I swear I just pressed the wrong button like 5 times per match in that set. Needs more Nairs I think. Fortunately, I always **** on Brinstar.

Everyone jumps into that Dsmash lol.

I use Full hop PK Fire because it pressures shields and leaves me a lot of options. If the opponent messes up my spacing I have more opportunity to change what I'm doing. Even if PK Fire is predictable, when it's spaced correctly it can't be punished so it pressures them to approach you or lowers their shield to the point that it shield pokes. It's only a problem when I make a spacing error. For example, in the first video vs. Suyon, not once did my FH PK Fire get punished by anything besides one of Pit's arrows when I misspaced too far away while on multiple occasions I was able to hit him through shield pokes and regular hits.

More vids from pools and brackets will probably be up tomorrow or something. Thanks for critique. More is welcome.

Rubes

Smash Rookie
Nice vid, it's good to see some well-represented lucas action

Top Bottom