• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might - Goro Support Thread

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Welcome: Foolish champions of Earthrealm, to the Goro Support Thread!
a1.gif

Who is Goro:
Goro is one of the most recognizable and popular Mortal Kombat villains of all time. Debuting in the first Mortal Kombat arcade game, he is a 4,000 year old warrior prince of the Shokan, a race of multi-armed half dragons in Outworld. Goro first appearance was as a sub-boss to Shang-Tsung, and he was the 9-time reigning champion of the Mortal Kombat Tournament before being defeated by Liu Kang. Since then, he's appeared as both a playable character and a boss in many Mortal Kombat games, and is among the most recognizable characters in the series due to his unique design and his overwhelming presence.

The first thing that most people notice about Goro are his four massive arms. Of course, this observation is usually made right before Goro uses all four of his arms to grab, pummel, and rip his victims opponents apart. However, Goro's arms aren't his only weapons. As he is half-dragon, he can also breath fire from his mouth or shoot fire from his hands, sometimes all four arms at once. On top of that, Goro also proves to be very nimble for his considerable bulk, as he also has a devastating stomp attack where he jumps high into the air and stomps down on an enemy with his full weight. He can also slam his arms on the ground hard enough to make an earthquake.

Why Goro:
Mortal Kombat has a ton of recognizable and fun characters, all of which are honestly worthy of appearing in a game like Multiversus. Goro is one of those characters who is instantly recognizable, has a distinct history with the series, and has a ton of fan appeal. His status as a Mortal Kombat champion is also perfect for the crossover aspect of Multiversus, there's no way Goro would pass up the chance to dominate champions of different realms and rule a new multiversal tournament.

Goro also has a lot of possibilities for alts, even without taking into account his various game appearances. There could be a costume based on his appearance in Mortal Kombat Legends, and if the devs wanted to, he could also have a Kintaro alt as well.

GoroFeature-1.jpg
Kintaromk9.png

Even if Scorpion is more popular, Goro also has the star power to be a perfect addition to Multiversus, even if he was only a boss character for a hypothetical arcade mode. It's true that Goro probably wouldn't be able to pull off his flashy and gory fatalities in this game where he tears his opponents limb from limb. However, I'm convinced that the devs would be able to make Goro a fun character with all of his various grabs, pummels, and special attacks.

As for people worried that Goro would be too powerful to make it in as a non-boss character, let me remind you that he still has one crucial weakness....

Goro's Followers:
PK-remling Fire PK-remling Fire
evanwoo10 evanwoo10
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Blitzwing Blitzwing

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Even though Goro is not my most wanted Mortal Kombat character, I think Goro could fit really well into Multiversus. There is really just so much potential with Goro and his four arms. I also agree that Multiversus could turn the violence down enough. I miss Goro in MK games and I would love to see him return for Multiversus, I support!

Blitzwing

Smash Cadet
Goro is an arcade game icon, and definitely a character worthy of fighting alongside the other Warner Bros characters. You got my support.

Top Bottom