• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
Typical KO. Everything's all about him. "oooh hey guys it's my birthday, let's all come here and celebrate ME. ME ME ME ME!!!! Come give me presents!!!! We'll have a cake with my face on it, but only I can eat it, cuz I'm the greatest and it's my birthday"

WELL GUESS WHAT MAN!!!! I WANT SOME CAKE TOO!!!!! I'm gonna eat the **** out of your cake.

But yea, what weekend were you guys considering coming? Early November does sound pri gud. I'll try to talk to the other tennessee people and see what kinda dates are lookin good for them as well, conversely you should try to get more memphis duders also. We'll see when everyone's got the most free time.

(btw nobody came over for my birthday :<)

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I'm sorry we missed your burfday Yoshi, and rest assured we will be bringing more Memphis people. I'm pretty sure Memphis will be ablest come almost all saturdays except Bovember 26.

KO you selfish *******! Actually I'd love to celebrate your bday early with smash. :D

:phone:

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
Saturday the 12th it is then? I'll contact peoples that don't frequent this much and try to get a confirmation from them before solidifying, but that doesn't sound like a bad date to me, and it's far enough in advance that nobody should really have any plans. Cuz what kinda ****in nerd plans **** ahead? For shame!

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Well let me talk to Jack and other Smashers in memphis and I will get the for sure on who will be coming. Also I want some matches with you and Samba. I've gotten a whole metric ****ton better. I've been training my butt off in Melee. And since I've decided to go to APEX 2012, I'm going to be practicing even harder for the next few months. SC1 is on the backburner for now :/

But again let me double check with IHSB and others. We have a weekly tomorrow so I can shout at everyone and see if that date works for them.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Well let me talk to Jack and other Smashers in memphis and I will get the for sure on who will be coming. Also I want some matches with you and Samba. I've gotten a whole metric ****ton better. I've been training my butt off in Melee. And since I've decided to go to APEX 2012, I'm going to be practicing even harder for the next few months. SC1 is on the backburner for now :/

But again let me double check with IHSB and others. We have a weekly tomorrow so I can shout at everyone and see if that date works for them.
Rather than shouting you could just speak normally, as it would likely have the same effect.
<3

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Oh you hush. I was, of course, referring to my naturally loud voice that I seem unable to control at times. This volume problem is especially prominent in crowds, so there is a good chance that on Tuesday night, while in the midst of around 30 gamers, I will yell rather than speak at conversational level.

So yeah, that's... exactly.... what I meant....
<3

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Typical KO. Everything's all about him. "oooh hey guys it's my birthday, let's all come here and celebrate ME. ME ME ME ME!!!! Come give me presents!!!! We'll have a cake with my face on it, but only I can eat it, cuz I'm the greatest and it's my birthday"

WELL GUESS WHAT MAN!!!! I WANT SOME CAKE TOO!!!!! I'm gonna eat the **** out of your cake.

But yea, what weekend were you guys considering coming? Early November does sound pri gud. I'll try to talk to the other tennessee people and see what kinda dates are lookin good for them as well, conversely you should try to get more memphis duders also. We'll see when everyone's got the most free time.

(btw nobody came over for my birthday :<)
no. my cake.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
So does anybody in here watch anime as they're coming out? i.e. this season: Guilty Crown, Fate/Zero, Ben-To, or Mirai Nikki?

I need peoples to talk to about these things.

Vts

Smash Champion
So does anybody in here watch anime as they're coming out? i.e. this season: Guilty Crown, Fate/Zero, Ben-To, or Mirai Nikki?

I need peoples to talk to about these things.
i've been watching zero, guilty crown, and chihayafuru

and love chihayafuru favorite show this season

i'm going to marathon future diary once it's complete since i know it will be ****ty lol

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Future diary isn't bad. It feels a hell of a lot like deathnote. But all in all it's an enjoyable show. Guilty crown is probably my favorite so far. I should start watching chihayafaru, but I haven't heard anything about it until now.

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
I normally watch just about everything. Right now I'm watching ika musume and working 2, I dropped chihayafuru cuz I just thought it was boring, I kinda like ben-to, and the characters in maji de koishinasai got a bit interesting (I wanna play the game though). Mashiro iro symphony is meh, I'm just watching cuz I think the OP is catchy. I like mirai nikki so far, as well as C3 but they're both pretty average in the spectrum as a whole. Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai is another meh one, but I'm still watching it because I'm bored, and it has lolis. Maken-ki is super ****y, and the girls in it aren't even all that attractive thanks to the completely misproportioned art (I think the artist is coming off of drawing H, so his style is a bit... eh). Guilty crown is just another one of those "wut?" type anime where **** happens that doesn't exactly make sense, but we're just supposed to accept it regardless. Thanks for that one funimation, as long as it's not as awful as fractale was a few seasons ago though, I'll prolly continue to watch it. Then there's the popular ones I'm not watching at all (shakugan 3, persona 4, and fate/zero) I didn't like fate/stay (I should prolly play the game though) I'm waiting to play persona 4 before I actually watch it (I have the disc sitting next to me, but it's just so hard to get motivated to play it) and I haven't even watched any of the previous shakugan's so... even if it's a super cute loli, I prolly won't watch that anytime soon.

... Yea I pretty much watch whatever, only thing is it seems like our opinions don't exactly match on some things.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I refuse to be an anime elitist so my opinion of anime is much lighter than my peers. For instance, I love Ben-To while most of my peers find it to be presictable and stylistic. I also like Guilty Crown because it is stupid and just a fun to watch anime while Mirai Nikki is the psychological thriller.

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
I normally just watch them all because I'm bored and don't have much else to do, but once you've seen a lot of anime... you realize it really is a bit formulaic. I understand both points of view though, so even if something is kinda predictable I can still find some enjoyment out of it, even if the enjoyment has to come from me and a bunch of friends watching it together and completely tearing it apart on how stupid it is.

It also feels good to find an anime that's actually really good without having anyone having to convince you to watch it, or giving you a **** ton of prehype for it. For some reason whenever someone tells me to watch something, I end up getting overly critical of it due to overhyping, so I'll end up not liking it as much kinda. Then again, I am pretty ********, so that may just be the case.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I normally just watch them all because I'm bored and don't have much else to do, but once you've seen a lot of anime... you realize it really is a bit formulaic. I understand both points of view though, so even if something is kinda predictable I can still find some enjoyment out of it, even if the enjoyment has to come from me and a bunch of friends watching it together and completely tearing it apart on how stupid it is..
Nail, meet hammer. I agree 3000%.

Chihayafuru - typical shoujo, still enjoyable
Hunter x Hunter - typical shounen, still enjoyable (+the excuse of its legacy)
Bakuman - another shounen by the Death Note guys, surprisingly good
Tamayura - decent slice of life
Guilty Crown - baller soundtrack, but the worst ****ing pacing
Persona - never played, but it seems pretty good from what I can tell
Fate/Zero - good I guess, way way better than FSN from what I've heard (didn't watch the original b/c I know the story from over-exposure and it's a mediocre adaptation)
HanagaI-only-watch-this-for-the-character-designs - standard school harem, whatchu gonna do
Ika Musume - squid girl is squid girl, fluff and stuff

I watch current shows because Japan accidentally makes something good sometimes, and it's a good stress relief from school.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I agree with it being a good stress relief from school. Also I have to agree with you about Guilty Crown's soundtrack. It's baller. It feels like the show moves at a really fast pace to me. I did not know bakuman was any good. That'll give me something to watch today.

Out of curiousity I'd be interested in knowing what animes you guys have really enjoyed before.

Spyro

Smash Ace
I don’t watch many animes, as a matter a fact I never watch TV anymore, but I did watch the first 2 seasons of Pokemon as a little kid and I did like Dragonball and DBZ.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I don't need to be shot for asking that question. I'm decently new to the whole internet subculture and anime scene that isn't popularized in our culture. So cut me some slack here.

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda hard to explain them, so just go watch them for yourself, that's the best thing you could do.

Cyner's a pretty good dude.

So VTS, are you gonna be gracing us with your presence on the 12th with the memphis people, or is that prolly a no go?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
12th? I wanna go I wanna go! And I'll try to make Cyner come.
Mainly b/c as soon as he said that you two (Cyner & Yoshi) met and jived really well, it occurred to me that the deadpan convos you guys surely have would provide me endless amusement.
I'm surprised I didn't think of it sooner. In fact I'm worried that I had mentally filled the same person slot with both of you simultaneously, and now I'm going to have to divide it out. Life was so much easier when I thought driving to Murfreesboro just resulted in Cyner teleporting there, learning to like weeaboo stuff, and becoming white.
</river of consciousness)

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
I hope you meant to say Yuno is ****ing awesome, because that's what she is.

Cyner likes blazblue... that's like half weaboo, I guess. I appreciate you just coming right out and saying you didn't actually think of me as an individual person though :<

Vts

Smash Champion
Can't make the 12th sorry pretty much no travelling for rest of the year cus of bestbuy

**** sucks, but i'm calling in and going to this mississippi tournament to see everyone again.

DNFanatic

Smash Cadet
why dont you be cool enough to come to smashfests and what not?
I don't know where I could find them, I wouldn't have the money if needed possibly, and transportation is an issue as the locations I've seen is a "long drive" to everyone. I'd drive there if I could but I'm not quite able to yet.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I don't know where I could find them, I wouldn't have the money if needed possibly, and transportation is an issue as the locations I've seen is a "long drive" to everyone. I'd drive there if I could but I'm not quite able to yet.
Just let people know and We may be able to pick you up. I don't mind picking people up from nashville and what not.

DNFanatic

Smash Cadet
Just let people know and We may be able to pick you up. I don't mind picking people up from nashville and what not.
That would be very nice sir. If something like that could be arranged I would enjoy that happening. We'll talk about that.

Top Bottom