• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Well we normally play every Saturday at my place in Murfreesboro. That's probably quite the distance for you to drive. Chattanooga also has weekly get togethers at @ JTMerrell JTMerrell house on Tuesdays. We both have been having free tournaments on the days we have the get togethers.

TheGrayOne

Smash Rookie
Hmm... really it depends on if I can get my group from the Uni together so we can carpool over to places if I go out to tennessee. They live out in Russellville and it'd be maybe like 5 or so of us roaming around if it were all of us

Crispus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2229-8695
I'll be in Murfreesboro over the summer, so I'd love to join in on some of these fests. KO, could you let me know where your house is and what time they usually start at? Also, I can bring a setup if needed or wanted.

Since this is my first post on this thread, I should probably also include this:
Cookeville
Crispus
https://www.facebook.com/Cquiterio11

dittopenguin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4081-6925-1902
hey all i'm trying to break into the scene. I'll be in Brentwood for the summer and then move to TTU in Cookeville for school.

I don't really have any mains because i mostly **** around with friends, but i'm sure ill find what i like if i play more.

Crispus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2229-8695
hey all i'm trying to break into the scene. I'll be in Brentwood for the summer and then move to TTU in Cookeville for school.

I don't really have any mains because i mostly **** around with friends, but i'm sure ill find what i like if i play more.
Sweet, what game do you play? We're getting a scene in cookeville going.

dittopenguin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4081-6925-1902
Melee and PM mostly because I tend to be aggressive. But if there are people, i'll play brawl and 64 too just cause smash is hype always

fraggle

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I live practically in your front lawn over in Killen, AL I just made an account on here after playing in a tourney at a Con. I got to admit I am hooked on Project M and looking for places nearby that have weeklies or something I can grind my way up in terms of skill. I don't care about representing my state or whatever if thats a thing people are really hard into. Just looking for a good time.
knoxville TN has monthlies i just made an event called Laser Lasr

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
So this is where everyone in Tennessee was hiding. Hey, everyone! My name's Tanner, and I basically live in Knoxville where I attend UT. I've been slowly discovering more and more smashers there. I joined Smashboards fairly recently cause I started getting into competitive play thanks to one of my friends, then I watched the Smash Brothers documentary and heard about Smashboards on there. Checked it out, and here I am! I love it here, and if you're in the Knoxville area during Spring and Fall semester times, I'd be super pumped to do some Smashing with ya. I prefer Brawl > N64 > Melee, which is an unpopular opinion, but I'll happily play any of them.

Edit: If you also happen to attend UT, I run the unofficial Pokemon Club there! If you'd be interested in attending meetings this Fall semester, check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440190699387368/

Last edited:

shapular

Smash Ace
So this is where everyone in Tennessee was hiding. Hey, everyone! My name's Tanner, and I basically live in Knoxville where I attend UT. I've been slowly discovering more and more smashers there. I joined Smashboards fairly recently cause I started getting into competitive play thanks to one of my friends, then I watched the Smash Brothers documentary and heard about Smashboards on there. Checked it out, and here I am! I love it here, and if you're in the Knoxville area during Spring and Fall semester times, I'd be super pumped to do some Smashing with ya. I prefer Brawl > N64 > Melee, which is an unpopular opinion, but I'll happily play any of them.

Edit: If you also happen to attend UT, I run the unofficial Pokemon Club there! If you'd be interested in attending meetings this Fall semester, check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/000000000000000/
YEAH MORE BRAWL PLAYERS WOO! You're in luck, I think Knoxville actually has more than one person who still plays Brawl. This is the Knoxville Smash Facebook page if you haven't seen it yet: https://www.facebook.com/groups/280251925445617

Last edited:

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking of putting together a Skype group for dolphin netplay in TN. Contact me on skype at MachineDynamics if you want to be added.

Aurafox

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraPuffs
3DS FC
2466-1511-0624
I'll be swingin' my Knoxville's Best Buy tomorrow for the Smash Fest there, and probably again Saturday cause yo why not. Been way too long since I had time to go out and just play some games with folks, so what better time than now.

Also, rad to see there are some folks around Chattanooga nowadays. Soundin' like a few Chatfolks plan on heading up to Knoxville on Saturday as well, so let's get some action goin'!

(Dang, it's been a really long time, haha.)

Last edited:

Aurafox

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraPuffs
3DS FC
2466-1511-0624
Aaaaaa got caught creepin' back in! YO KO!! Man when Brawl came out I pulled a Rita Repulsa and went to hide in the moon for like 6 years, but I heard some wild hype all the way up there over some mad Smash action and figured it'd be a cool time to bust loose and have some fun. Ain't no Ranger so here comes the Danger.

Miss the TN so hopin' for some good times with the new smash comin' up & all. Man you got this place up & running better than ever, way too good haha.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman

Handorin

Smash Hero
Aaaaaa got caught creepin' back in! YO KO!! Man when Brawl came out I pulled a Rita Repulsa and went to hide in the moon for like 6 years, but I heard some wild hype all the way up there over some mad Smash action and figured it'd be a cool time to bust loose and have some fun. Ain't no Ranger so here comes the Danger.

Miss the TN so hopin' for some good times with the new smash comin' up & all. Man you got this place up & running better than ever, way too good haha.
Post Evo scrub.

It's been a long time. =D

DeltaBoss

Smash Rookie
knoxville TN has monthlies i just made an event called Laser Lasr
can you give me some info about these monthlies and your event because I haven't been able to find anywhere in knoxville to go for my first tourney. I play both melee and PM and I practice a lot but haven't been able to make it to a tournament yet.

DJKai

Smash Cadet
NNID
DJKaiTime
3DS FC
0989-1745-4440
OH HEY there ARE people in Tennessee! I live by the Nashville area, and I'm glad to meet all of you. Since there are no tournaments nearby or anything, I'm always willing to play online with anyone or anything like that. I don't have netplay though, and need to get a new computer for it :/ but yeah, I want to know more about these Knoxville Tournaments, because I might be willing to drive down! Right now, all I plan to attend is Kumite in January of 2015.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Actually we have bi/tri monthly tournaments in brentwood/cool springs and weekly get togethers at my place in Murfreesboro. Chattanooga also has a budding community.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Actually we have bi/tri monthly tournaments in brentwood/cool springs and weekly get togethers at my place in Murfreesboro. Chattanooga also has a budding community.
What day of the week are these weekly get togethers on? I live about an hour away, but I'd love to get some Smashing with other people in at some point this summer.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
saturdays is our weekly get together. but sometimes we go to tournaments (Like this weekend) and dont have them.
Alright. Is it cool if I just message ya on here whenever I'm free/able to make the drive?

DJKai

Smash Cadet
NNID
DJKaiTime
3DS FC
0989-1745-4440
Awesome! I actually didn't think there would be anyone in murfreesboro. I would also like to message you sometime to get an idea of where its located and stuff like that, and try and come a Tourney or two! (Edit: Where the tourneys are) I really just got to be competitive recently, as you can tell by "smash rookie". But yeah, I think it would be beneficial.

Last edited:

Jackie Chandler

Smash Cadet
Cookeville's going to be running weekly fight nights in The Coliseum Pub after 6 p.m. on Wednesdays, so if you're in or close to the area, you should show up some time. Our focus is on Project M and Street Fighter at the moment, but we've been getting more people for the latter so far, so please try to attend when you can to show we can support a scene for Smash!

I'll be running tournaments for Project M every week starting at 6:30, and as long as people are around, we can run friendlies after the tourney is over. Oh, and in case you're wondering, there is no venue fee at The Coliseum, and no entry fee for the tournaments. So please be generous with your food and drink purchases to support the venue (with 45 cent wings, it really isn't difficult!), and consider competing in the tournaments even though they're only for fun. As much as I'd like to offer prizes, that's kind of hard to do as a recently graduated college student without a job, haha.

Hope to meet you guys there~!

I'll be in Brentwood for the summer and then move to TTU in Cookeville for school.
Sweet, what game do you play? We're getting a scene in cookeville going.
Particularly you guys, especially if we've never met before. Let's get this scene in Cookeville going!

DJKai

Smash Cadet
NNID
DJKaiTime
3DS FC
0989-1745-4440
So can anyone fill me in on any Tournaments in the middle Tennessee area that will be running this summer? No matter how small they are, I would very much apreciate it!

DJKai

Smash Cadet
NNID
DJKaiTime
3DS FC
0989-1745-4440
Oh, that reminds me. Anyone in/close/coming to Cookeville is free to join the Cookeville Smash Facebook Group. Not a lot's going on there yet, but once school starts back up for the college kids, expect it to be a lot more active.
I liked the page :b i'm not really in the area, or in college, but once I get a car when school starts back up i'm willing to drive anywhere to play smash with other people :b I hope your community grows! If theres anything I can help you with let me know :b

CrowTRobot

Smash Rookie
Add two to Nashville, TN: CrowTRobot and TolkusChampion

I've never met anyone in the Nashville area that plays, but this is the place to look!

Handorin

Smash Hero
I see FB posts of people playing several times a week in Knoxville. Are you in the group?

Top Bottom