• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Kind of a shame that the most posts, most likes and most points lists are gone though :yoshi:
Probably for the better.

The most likes list just lead to people competing for placements and the bragging rights.

It was a source of drama on the site.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This year, I'm most excited for Microsoft's E3.

They're trying to gain ground on Sony before the next generation. Sony's not there to split the third party reveals. Phil Spencer seems overly invested in having good E3 showings. And after acquiring so many new studios in 2017 and 2018, there must be new exclusives to show.

Like, Pokemon is cool and I want to see more Fire Emblem and Smash is almost guaranteed to be at E3, but Microsoft has the potential this year to have literally its best one ever. Here's to hoping.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Probably for the better.

The most likes list just lead to people competing for placements and the bragging rights.

Now we can settle our differences via direct competition.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Now we can settle our differences via direct competition.
If only we had some way of doing that.

Like a contest or game of some sort with a clear winner and loser. One we were all familiar with.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Probably for the better.

Fair enough...

Though there is a ranking of them, it's just not seen by us now :yoshi:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If only we had some way of doing that.

Like a contest or game of some sort with a clear winner and loser. One we were all familiar with.
Alas, the only thing we can do now is browse a user's page and remind them of a really embarrassing post they made.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

They're trying to gain ground on Sony before the next generation. Sony's not there to split the third party reveals. Phil Spencer seems overly invested in having good E3 showings. And after acquiring so many new studios in 2017 and 2018, there must be new exclusives to show.

Like, Pokemon is cool and I want to see more Fire Emblem and Smash is almost guaranteed to be at E3, but Microsoft has the potential this year to have literally its best one ever. Here's to hoping.
I don't even own an Xbox One yet I'm very interested in the conference. All of the major third party reveals will be there, and we might even get a look at the new console that Microsoft has been developing recently.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Alas, the only thing we can do now is browse a user's page and remind them of a really embarrassing post they made.
Speaking of that post, I'm browsing through your page now, trying to find an embarassing post that you made. Yet, it's so difficult to find one, so maybe I should search for an previous one.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Probably for the better.

Not even true in the slightest...

OK, when you put like this, you might have a point there.

Still going to miss it a bit.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Not even true in the slightest...

OK, when you put like this, you might have a point there.

Still going to miss it a bit.
My opinion-- not as a mod, by the way, because I wasn't actually part of the conversation to remove the likes board-- is that the likes and posts boards promoted false status as "popular" or "unpopular". I didn't mind it being there, but I also don't mind it being removed. It gave posters who've been here longer or with more time to be active here a social advantage that we didn't really need to promote. So I can see why it was taken down.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I'm more interested in the third part content at MS. They were really good last year at announcing stuff I'd buy on other platforms and with Sony absent this year, they're bound to be even better.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
My opinion-- not as a mod, by the way, because I wasn't actually part of the conversation to remove the likes board-- is that the likes and posts boards promoted false status as "popular" or "unpopular". I didn't mind it being there, but I also don't mind it being removed. It gave posters who've been here longer or with more time to be active here a social advantage that we didn't really need to promote. So I can see why it was taken down.
Speaking from my previous experience in many different forums, like-post measuring was a constant cause for drama and conflict in the places I used to post in. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the cause for some conflict in here.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, pretty much my view.
Hold on, let me find a list of Yoshi feats to face you in Death Battle :yoshi:
Let me get the Beer and the Shotguns...

And I'll just start up this record I found...
IT'S TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLLLLLLLLLLLL- *CLANG*

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I agree with this, especially since I felt I paid too much attention to it before at time.

Still, there was a tiny part of me who liked the like ranking. since it made me want to improve on my posting and whatnot, but frankly, I think I be able to still post good stuff without it, so...
piss off moon!!.gif

PISS OFF RANKING, YOU NEVER HAD THE PIZZA I WANTED.

KMDP

Smash Legend
like-post measuring was a constant cause for drama and conflict in the places I used to post in.
Nobody likes measuring contests. :4pacman:

On a more serious note, trying to improve my like-to-post ratio was a motivator for me to improve the actual quality of my posts. I shall continue on that tact for the foreseeable future.
------------------------------
Also, I just realised that the last three days were probably the perfect time to try for the Bob-Omb Trophy.

I'm a fool. OTL

D

Deleted member

WOOAAHHOOAAAHHHH WOOOAHHHHHOOAAHH WOOOAHHHHHOAAAHHHOOOAHHH
HEY ALL HEY ALL
WELCOME TO THE GREATEST STORM
I KNOW I KNOW
YOU HAVE WAITED MUCH TOO LONG
AND I AND I
I WILL BE YOUR SHINING STAR
I'M HERE I'M HERE
HERE TO CONQUER NEAR AND FAR

Last edited by a moderator:

NineS

Smash Lord
I made this post back in the previous thread and some people never got a chance to respond to it before the lock. Myself included. So I’m reposting it:
A new character and some extra things with the character? I dunno... It sounds like a tough pick, I--
  1. 2B, from NieR: Automata. Square Enix's 4th best selling franchise at the moment, behind Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts. It was rated the third best game of the last era over in Japan. Currently one of their most highly marketable franchises aside from Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts. She's already in many crossovers.
    del.png

And if her design doesn't win you over...
    How about seeing her in action?

2. The Tower. This one initially may not make any sense. It's riddled with spoilers for NieR, which I recommend you play before reading any spoilers. The stage would essentially be like a sort of blank slate. It starts off as some flat, level stage with a highly detailed background. Everything if pure white, as is the lighting. The area seems to be distorted a degree, cubes sticking out from the structures in the foreground and background. The stage itself works something similar to an omega battlefield in structure. After a while though, the area seems to holographically change around the fighters mid-match, switching to an area that resembles another important area in NieR, like the City Ruins for example. It'll cycle through a couple of places, being ruins of a City, the darkened emptied remains of a theatre, the insides of a fallen castle, and many more. Some of these will cameo other characters from NieR in the background. For the most part, however, it'll mostly be "Machines" of various kinds from NieR.

3. First, A remix of the City Ruins theme.
    Copied City - Dynamic.
    The Tower - Dynamic.
    Possessed by Disease.
    Birth of a Wish.
    A Beautiful Song.
    Song of the Ancients Remix.
    Grandma - Destruction.
    A Kaine remix. Here's Kaine - Escape. And here is Kaine - Salvation. A mix of the two would be appropriate.
    Emil - Despair or a remix of it.
    Bipolar Nightmare remixed. It has become one of NieR: Automata's most Iconic songs.
    And of course, a Weight of the World / The End of YoRHa remix. I warn you, the video to this one may contain slight spoilers. Don't watch the video, but listen to it.
    I implore you listen to all of these tracks, and give the rest of NieR's ost a try. It's beautiful.

4. Spirits will be listed, then their image will be in a spoiler tag to condense this post more.
    1. YoRHa Unit No. 9 Type S. Shortened to 9S, my namesake.
    del.png
    2. YoRHa Unit Type A No. 2. Shortened to A2.
    del.png
    3. Commander White.
    del.png
    4. Machine/Machine Lifeform.
    del.png
    5. Anemone.
    del.png
    6. 6O & 21O
    del.png
    7. Adam.
    del.png
    8. Eve.
    del.png
    9. Pascal
    del.png
    10. Devola & Popola.
    del.png
    11. Emil.
    del.png

5. Because this post is already long, I'll be brief here. Her trailer would probably include Bayonetta, R.O.B., and Megaman, with 2B coming in to fight them. Self-explanatory, right? It would likely end with a grey-ish Kirby representing Emil or machine, or maybe an actual Emil rolling into the shot of similar to how Samus's morphball does at the end of Little Mac's Sm4sh trailer.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
A new character and some extra things with the character? I dunno... It sounds like a tough pick, I--
  1. 2B, from NieR: Automata. Square Enix's 4th best selling franchise at the moment, behind Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts. It was rated the third best game of the last era over in Japan. Currently one of their most highly marketable franchises aside from Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts. She's already in many crossovers.
    View attachment 224464
    And if her design doesn't win you over...
    How about seeing her in action?

2. The Tower. This one initially may not make any sense. It's riddled with spoilers for NieR, which I recommend you play before reading any spoilers. The stage would essentially be like a sort of blank slate. It starts off as some flat, level stage with a highly detailed background. Everything if pure white, as is the lighting. The area seems to be distorted a degree, cubes sticking out from the structures in the foreground and background. The stage itself works something similar to an omega battlefield in structure. After a while though, the area seems to holographically change around the fighters mid-match, switching to an area that resembles another important area in NieR, like the City Ruins for example. It'll cycle through a couple of places, being ruins of a City, the darkened emptied remains of a theatre, the insides of a fallen castle, and many more. Some of these will cameo other characters from NieR in the background. For the most part, however, it'll mostly be "Machines" of various kinds from NieR.

3. First, A remix of the City Ruins theme.
    Copied City - Dynamic.
    The Tower - Dynamic.
    Possessed by Disease.
    Birth of a Wish.
    A Beautiful Song.
    Song of the Ancients Remix.
    Grandma - Destruction.
    A Kaine remix. Here's Kaine - Escape. And here is Kaine - Salvation. A mix of the two would be appropriate.
    Emil - Despair or a remix of it.
    Bipolar Nightmare remixed. It has become one of NieR: Automata's most Iconic songs.
    And of course, a Weight of the World / The End of YoRHa remix. I warn you, the video to this one may contain slight spoilers. Don't watch the video, but listen to it.
    I implore you listen to all of these tracks, and give the rest of NieR's ost a try. It's beautiful.

4. Spirits will be listed, then their image will be in a spoiler tag to condense this post more.
    1. YoRHa Unit No. 9 Type S. Shortened to 9S, my namesake. 2. YoRHa Unit Type A No. 2. Shortened to A2. 3. Commander White. 4. Machine/Machine Lifeform. 5. Anemone. 6. 6O & 21O 7. Adam. 8. Eve. 9. Pascal 10. Devola & Popola. 11. Emil.
  5. Because this post is already long, I'll be brief here. Her trailer would probably include Bayonetta, R.O.B., and Megaman, with 2B coming in to fight them. Self-explanatory, right? It would likely end with a grey-ish Kirby representing Emil or machine, or maybe an actual Emil rolling into the shot of similar to how Samus's morphball does at the end of Little Mac's Sm4sh trailer.
NineS NineS ?

I missed you, man.

And I suddenly want to play Soul Calibur VI.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nobody likes measuring contests. :4pacman:

On a more serious note, trying to improve my like-to-post ratio was a motivator for me to improve the actual quality of my posts. I shall continue on that tact for the foreseeable future.
------------------------------
Also, I just realised that the last three days were probably the perfect time to try for the Bob-Omb Trophy.

I'm a fool. OTL
I want my like-to-post ratio to reflect higher quality Yoshiposts...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ok guys, let’s say you could add an entirely new series to Smash along with a represented character. The following are what you can add:

1. A character
  2. A stage
  3. Twelve musical tracks
  4. 8-12 Spirits
  5. A trailer for the character
Be as descriptive as you want. I’ll put mine up later this evening.
1. Brian, of Quest 64
2. Truthfully, this is difficult. Blue Cave and areas relating to it might be its most iconic area. But there's no way to say what is best to use. Mammon's World is another great spot. I'd just go with the Isle of Skye variation I made, cause I haven't seen any other stages beyond an edit of Green Greens(using Mammon's World assets).
3. This could take a while;
Arguably the last song could be better. Still good music though.

4. I don't know how all Spirits work, so I'll just list them;
  • Were Hare
  • Wyvern
  • Solvaring
  • Nepty
  • Zelse
  • Fargo
  • Blood Jell
  • Mammon
  • Leonardo
  • Princess Flora
  • Kiliac
  • Epona
Generally, the list is for very important characters, a few mascot monsters, and several major bosses. Only one major character isn't mentioned among this.

5. This I always had an issue with, but...
My thought is that multiple villains are around, and they are slowly picked off with a various spell. A giant rock could smash Bowser's face. A huge fire ball sends Ganondorf flying away. A water pillar comes from below to throw Ridley into the ocean. A very large cutter sends Wolf packing. That's when Brian steps up, slams his staff to the ground and the words appear; "Brian spells your doom!" Next they start showing it off with the basic Quest 64 main theme playing.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's good 2B back. I've missed out on some stuff.

and you'd better want to play soulcalibur VI. with 2B. Or not 2B. I can't force you. I can only attempt 2B persuasive.
Oh dude my brother and I made so many characters.

I should share them on here sometime. Like six of them are from Fire Emblem, so it's relevant.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's good 2B back. I've missed out on some stuff.

and you'd better want to play soulcalibur VI. with 2B. Or not 2B. I can't force you. I can only attempt 2B persuasive.
I need to get back to Soulcalibur.

Spyro distracted me from it, but then I burnt out on Spyro and never got back to SC.

Or Injustice 2... which I got Christmas last year and still haven't touched...

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I need to get back to Soulcalibur.

Spyro distracted me from it, but then I burnt out on Spyro and never got back to SC.

Or Injustice 2... which I got Christmas last year and still haven't touched...
What'd you get Injustice 2 on?

I've got it for Xbox. I only played it casually after the first month.

NineS

Smash Lord
Oh dude my brother and I made so many characters.

I should share them on here sometime. Like six of them are from Fire Emblem, so it's relevant.
I've done a couple. I was addicted to making characters with the character creator.

Here's a few, though they might not be as accurate as I'd like:
And my favorite,

View attachment 224480
Wow I like this character.
All according to plan. Why do you think I posted images for all of them?
It's all a ploy to lure you all into NieR.

Why did I tell you my evil plan? Crap...

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
What'd you get Injustice 2 on?

I've got it for Xbox. I only played it casually after the first month.
PS4.

I also insisted on getting the Legendary Edition (because I wanted to be able to play as Power Girl :p)

Unfortunately, I don't have Playstation Plus, so it'd be an exclusively Single Player experience for me anyway.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
PS4.

I also insisted on getting the Legendary Edition (because I wanted to be able to play as Power Girl :p)

Unfortunately, I don't have Playstation Plus, so it'd be an exclusively Single Player experience for me anyway.
TMNT were what pushed me into getting Injustice 2 when the Legendary Edition came out. Though not buying PS+ also made it a single player experience. I thought I'd get some more mileage out of it than I did but the story mode was so short.

osby

Smash Obsessed
E3 is in a bad spot for me, with Nintendo presentation being right before an important exam. I'm just hoping for new info on Bayonetta 3 and expecting a Smash newcomer that will catch people's attention for like three seconds.

Also, hey, cool new thread.

KMDP

Smash Legend
TMNT were what pushed me into getting Injustice 2 when the Legendary Edition came out. Though not buying PS+ also made it a single player experience. I thought I'd get some more mileage out of it than I did but the story mode was so short.
You could always just mess around in the VS CPU section and come up with your own scenarios.

Like I did when I used to play the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi games.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
E3 is in a bad spot for me, with Nintendo presentation being right before an important exam. I'm just hoping for new info on Bayonetta 3 and expecting a Smash newcomer that will catch people's attention for like three seconds.

Also, hey, cool new thread.
I hate when exams and E3 clash. If only education systems valued E3 more.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You could always just mess around in the VS CPU section and come up with your own scenarios.

Like I did when I used to play the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi games.
I did but the game didn't hold my attention. I went to DB FighterZ or One Piece Burning Blood if I wanted to **** around against the computer on my PS4.

D

Deleted member

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up beam saber* my name is sigma but u can call me t3h MaVEr1Ck oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very genocidal!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet genocidal ppl like me ^_^… im 2X years old (im unkillable 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 infect other robots w/ my dog (i want to usher in a new age of reploid supremacy if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite hobby!!! bcuz its SOOOO genocidal!!!! velgaurders genocidal 2 of course but i want 2 meet more genocidal ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of brainwashed subjects here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
MOURN FOR UR OBSOLETE RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein genocidal again ^_^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

iron and electricity,

t3h MaVEr1Ck oF d00m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom