• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell me how my mario is.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Your Mario is okay--it looks like you know how to play but haven't polished it yet. You do a lot of combo moves that don't quite link, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Things that bothered me:

You don't use U-tilts

Sometimes you hold L/R too long when you l-cancel, and the shield comes up

Don't SH Fireball so much-- full hop and waveland

When recovering, save the cape. Don't use it early on or when it's not needed.

Only 8 of the 26 characters in melee can wall-jump. Mario is one of the lucky few, take advantage of that.

It seems like you use your UAIRs expecting them to land. Example: you do throws and immediately UAIR out of them which makes it seem like you are expecting all of them to hit, even though they don't always.

Things you probably already know:

Don't roll as much.
Don't charge smashes
Fast-fall more consistently
If you plan on using the Mario Tornado for recovery, save your jump for afterward to get the most distance.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Your Mario is okay--it looks like you know how to play but haven't polished it yet. You do a lot of combo moves that don't quite link, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Things that bothered me:

You don't use U-tilts

Only 8 of the 26 characters in melee can wall-jump. Mario is one of the lucky few, take advantage of that.

It seems like you use your UAIRs expecting them to land. Example: you do throws and immediately UAIR out of them which makes it seem like you are expecting all of them to hit, even though they don't always.

Don't roll as much.
Don't charge smashes
If you plan on using the Mario Tornado for recovery, save your jump for afterward to get the most distance.
Thanks, ill try to do these things while playing.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Oh, hey, you posted here too. I put my critique of your Mario on the Dr. Mario boards. Might want to check that.

spinky.web

Smash Rookie

Things that bothered me:

You don't use U-tilts

Don't roll as much.
Don't charge smashes

Thanks for this info d2Law89 .

Shroomed

Smash Master
d-throw utilt is awesome, use it

i main mario too, SHFFL those up airs........and when u fair him u should go up and nair him afterward imo

Top Bottom