• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tele/light stepping at slower speeds

Laem

Smash Champion
So i'd asked a question already at the ask a simple question thread, but barely had any responses after a day, but this's got me all curious so i decided to just thread it. So here's the deal:
After looking at the tele-step animation, i believe i saw the forward b motion before wolf stands idle at the edge(im quite sure of this by now) so i tried to get the timer to 1/4th to get more time to check. To my suprise, however, i was unable to tele-step on this speed. Continuing(is that spelled correctly?), i tried light-stepping, but failed to do so as well. Instead, I would ledgegrab of Forward B over the stage. Same results for 1/2 speed. 2/3 speed was no problem though. But this is not all:
My results were received on FD. Trying this on BF, i had different results:
on 1/2 speed, inputting a tele-step may(may is probably incorrect, i presume its about perfect timing) instead be a light-step. 1/4th is the same.

I presume more stages will behave like BF, following an AFAIK irrational logic that BF is scarrable whereas FD isnt.
Explanation? My theory would be that tele-stepping is a glitch: On normal speed, the wii is not fast enough to put wolf into either a ledge-grab or side b over stage state, while it is capable of doing so on 1/4th.

My gut tells me we're not yet done here, so more input would be greatly appreciated :)

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at. Whatever effects are present during slower speeds do not matter, since we won't see those effects at slower play. Or are you tryig to imply something else?

JCav

Smash Lord
no i think hes right, i tried lightstepping at different speeds and it didnt work

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Works at 1.5, 1, and 2/3 speed (both lightstepping and telestepping), but not at 1/2 or 1/4.

This makes no sense. Fortunately though, we play at x1 speed.

:059:

Laem

Smash Champion
yeah, i know its not revolutionary for the wolf metagame or w/e, but it's still kind of curious, isnt it?

Top Bottom