• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teh_Spammerer is too good

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
He says you should Up-B out of shield. :laugh:

Anyhow, Mario's Up-B is confirmed to be invincible on the startup frames. He tested this against Bowser's Firebreath and it works.

He also says Mario probably does pretty good against G&W because of his Up-B out of shield, although sometimes he says it doesn't work if you don't angle it right against multihit attacks like G&W's B-air.

I've beaten the Mach Tornado with Up-B out of shield. :chuckle:

Lastly, Inui blows, and Up-B out of shield alone makes Mario >>> Ivysaur. Use it guys.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hmm this sounds really good, but say if you miss or something you can get severly punished for it, but I will definatly add this too my meta game against Game and Watch.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
The thing with GW is you need to emphasize on certain things moreso then anything else depending on the move he does. Particulary how to counter react his annoying, constantly used, multi hit attack like Bair. If you could Up-B out of shield against that move each time every time. GW's main ground approach would be nullified. Without Bair he doesnt have much that you can't handle In my opinion.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Oh really, this is crazy, because I've been using Mario's UpB outta shield outta sheer habit from Marth for AGES. I didn't know it had actual invincibility frames though. This is super awesome. Now I can use it more liberally.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
So does this mean that having tap jump on would be better for Mario, for the same reason as it is for Marth?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Tap Jump makes it easier to Up-B out of shield since Smashing Up on the control stick initiates a jump. This allows you to U-smash out of shield too.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Eh, guess I just have quick reflexes. The Up-B is pretty easy to do out of shield without tap jump honestly, and you can just C-stick the U-Smash when you let go of shield. Pretty easy without it, then again I haven't be relying on Tap Jump ever since I've been short-hopping in Melee.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Normally letting down the shield and attacking is slower than jumping out of shield and doing whatever. That's why Tap Jump is useful. There is ZERO lag from doing an Up-B or U-smash out of shield as opposed to a little big of lag when you simply let down the shield before doing something, and this is really significant in a game where powershielding is not hard.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I would love to play a mario that gives me a challenge :).

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Normally letting down the shield and attacking is slower than jumping out of shield and doing whatever. That's why Tap Jump is useful. There is ZERO lag from doing an Up-B or U-smash out of shield as opposed to a little big of lag when you simply let down the shield before doing something, and this is really significant in a game where powershielding is not hard.
I suppose this is also a big deal when stopping Meta's tornado. Any lag when dropping the shield gets you caught in the attack.

Top Bottom